Piano

fortissimo (Jinjoo AU)

(Yujin's POV)

Synesthesia

A condition where people tend to "hear" colours and "see" sound. It is a rare neurological condition too. There are many types of synesthesia but this is the type of synesthesia I have. I am thankful for it. Without it, I would have not know the power   of music. I would have not even experience the joy of listening and playing music at all.

***

"Mama, where are you going? Don't leave me behind again mama! I really love you! Why are you doing this to me?"

"I am sorry Yujin... Mama has to go. I had only bring humiliation to our family. Especially to you Yujin."

"Mama I don't care! I still love you no matter what!"

I could see tears falling down from her cheek. Once the first tear breaks free, the rest will follow in an unbreakable stream.

"Yujin... Take care of yourself."

Somehow, she just disappears into thin air.

I could feel tears racing down my cheeks. My heart just shattered into pieces. Sadness over whelmed me.

***

I slowly and hesitantly opened my eyes. Seriously, that dream again? I've been having the same dream after that incident. I wish I could just get over it quickly. I grabbed my phone and decided to check the time. 


4:20 a.m. 


What th- it is still early but how would I even sleep again after that nightmare? How great. I lift myself up from my bed and decided to have a quick shower. A quick one as I really hate showering. Thank god that I got this apartment all to myself... No one could nag and disturb me for being an "unhygienic" and disgusting piece of trash.

[Flashback] 

"YUJIN! YOU BETTER TAKE A SHOWER RIGHT NOW! LOOK AT YOU SWEATING AND ! GROSS! YOU SMELL TOO!" 

"Nope."

"YUJIN PUT THAT TONGUE BACK IN YOUR MOUTH. DON'T YOU DARE STICK THAT TONGUE AT ME. I'M OLDER THAN YOU. YOU ARE WAY MORE DIRTIER THAN A PILE OF TRASH OH GOSH. WHY AM I EVEN ROOMMATES WITH YOU." 

"That's because you had no choice Eunbi." 

"OKAY YUJIN THAT'S ENOUGH. Take a shower and I'll treat you a happy meal for you after our classes."

"You got yourself a deal master." 

[End of flashback] 

Being roommates with Eunbi was pretty fun at times but most of the time Eunbi would just nag at me for not showering. I mean it's my personal hygiene why should she bother anyways. 

Eunbi was my roommate. She used to share this same apartment with me. She had no other choice as she was short of cash. She was in a girl group called "Ye-A". Unfortunately, the group disbanded as they were not making much profits. Eunbi's part-time job in a bakery was not enough to support her daily needs. She got kicked out from her old apartment as she did not pay her rents for a very long time. She had no shelter for a few days until she found an advertisement about this apartment. The price was cheap. However, she would need to share the apartment with someone which was me. That's how she ended up living with me in this cheap apartment.

However, she shifted apartments. Eunbi made her debut with a group called Iz*One. I don't really know much about the group. She's currently living with the members from the group. We still do contact each other but occasionally. Probably she's busy with her tight schedule. I'm still proud of her anyways. 

***

I grabbed my phone and decided to check the time once more. 

 

4:40 a.m.

 

still early.....

 

What am I even going to do with this remaining time? School starts in 8 a.m. 

I guess I can have a short morning walk at the beach nearby. 

I decided to wear my usual black hoodie and Nike shorts and head out from my apartment. 

***

Morning walks are the best. Theres no one to disturb you. Being diagnosed with synesthesia is troublesome at times. Every noise I hear, it will trigger a colour. In the end, I'll be in my own world and not paying attention to my surroundings. 


Finally, here I am at the beach. 


The sky was still dim. The navy blue colour of the sea was eye-catching. The mumuring of the small waves was comforting. I could feel the cold-breeze beating down my exposed legs. The air here is a light, it was such a silvery dream. It was just peaceful. 

I took my phone out from my pocket and snapped a pleasant photo of the beach. 

I decided to check on the time again. 


5:20 a.m.


still early... 


way too early... 


Probably I should just walk slowly back to my apartment. It will take my time anyways. 

***

6:00 a.m.

I should start getting ready for school.  

I removed my clothes and decided to take a short shower again. I may hate showers but I do not want to smell like rotten fish in school. I have standards too. 

I changed into my uniform and decided to make toast and hot choco for breakfast. 

*Bzzt bzzt*


Oh it's my phone. 


***

Group name: 4 idiots 

Giant baby👶: Yo 🅱️itches. I can't come to school today cus im having a cold 🤒👊. Have fun in school u mofos 🤧🤙

Smelly pup🐶(Yujin) : Okay wonyoung. Have fun being a sick 🤠

🐥Irrelevant duck🦆: Oh gg wonwon. At least you don't have to suffer in school. 

Giant baby👶: Right yena. 

YuriOnDrugs🤙: But you still have to suffer with the cold. Btw, yena I'll be late today. So you don't need to wait for me before school. 

🐥Irrelevant duck🦆: Why? You don't love me anymore yuri? 😔💔

YuriOnDrugs🤙: No I still love you baby. Don't worry. It's just that my teachers won't be coming for 4 periods. My teacher allowed my class to report late. 

🐥Irrelevant duck🦆: Oh i'm glad ❤️😍

YuriOnDrugs🤙: 😍😍😍

Smelly pup🐶: Go get a ing room you 2. Yena wanna come to school together then? 

🐥Irrelevant duck🦆: off smelly

Smelly pup🐶: What the . 

Giant baby👶: SHUT UP. IM TRYING TO REST HERE. LEMME RECOVER FFS. 

YuriOnDrugs🤙: but you can always silent mode your phone wonyoung. 

Giant baby👶: Shut up yuri. Everyone just shut up. Thank you bye. 

🐥Irrelevant duck🦆: Wonyoung being a moody mofo because of pUbErTy. I see👀👀👀

Smelly pup🐶: 👀👀👀

YuriOnDrugs🤙: 👀👀👀

Giant Baby👶: Seriously shut up. Im sick

🐥Irrelevant duck🦆: okay sorry bai

Smelly pup🐶: sozz bai

YuriOnDrugs🤙: lmao bye. 

***

6:30 a.m.

I guess I should go to school early today. The gates are usually open around 7:15a.m. Plus, there is a huge piano in the music room. Probably, I can spend my time playing the piano in school. 

I grabbed my backpack and made my way to school. 

***

7:20 a.m.

There was no one to be found in the school except for the lady who works at the school's counter. 

"Good morning miss!" 

"Ah good morning uhm. Ahn Yujin? Did I get your name right?" 

"Yeah no worries haha" 

Both of us had a short chat about Enozi High, the school which I am attending. Talking with her was pretty decent too. 

I ambled my way to the music room and there she was. 

The glistening black paint of the piano shows how new it was. It was surely a GRAND piano. 

Without hesitation, I ran towards to the piano and start playing a piano piece. 

La Campanella by Franz Liszt.  (Listen to the song if you are curious uwu) 

It is one of my favourite pieces from one of my favourite composers. 

Franz Liszt compositions seemed like he was high on drugs or something... Most if his compositions are just plain complicated and difficult. However, that made me respect him even more. 

Moreover, I adore this piece not because of the composition and music. It's because of the colours that I see whenever I play this piece. 

I'll see so many colours... 

from

red
orange
yellow and many more... 

It's amazing. Experiencing something that the majority could not is just amazing. That is the specialty of having synesthesia. 

***

"That was fun and tiring." I muttered 

I turned around from the piano and happened to saw a girl staring at me intently through the door's glass panel.

She's cute... I thought

I decided to smile to her. I mean who would not smile to her she is pretty. 

All of a sudden, her eyes widen. A few seconds later she's gone. 

What the actual hell was that for... 

I've never seen her face in Enozi High before. She may be a transferee. I made my way out from the music room and decided to ask the lady from the school counter. She may know something. 

"Sorry to disturb you again miss but do you know any transferee?" 

"Kim Minjoo?" 

So that's her name... cute

"Ah okay... Thanks miss. Have a nice day."

Minjoo huh. I guess we will need a short conversation later during lunch.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for the comments! It may be little but I really do appreciate it. I've tried to make it as long as possible. This chapter focuses more about Yujin's personal life.

Piano means to be played softly or quiet. Slightly louder than Pianissimo.  🤠 Please give me advice on how to improve the story too! Im still a noob in aff haha