a Comeback

Ridiculously Demanding
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yunhee started her day by muttering the most effective words that could really awake her in an instant every day, well while it was a day off.

"I love my job." She muttered reluctantly while crawling and staggering down the bed.

When she managed to get to the bathroom, she had a glimpse of the shadow in her own mirror. She stopped there in front of a large mirror and decided to check her appearance.

Awfully terrible.

Her face is really a horor. Her makeup was faded and her hair was a mess. She cursed loudly, not to herself but to the man who had thrown herself away, wasting her Saturday Night.

Yunhee shouldn't wait for him. Yunhee should have obeyed Meg's words to go to the club instead of waiting for a man who is uncertain when to arrive. Yunhee turned her face away from the mirror with a gesture that was far from a ladylike, then dragged her lazy feet towards the bathroom.

An hour later, Yunhee was neat and clean. She won't go anywhere today, she would have her day off being super lazy inside the apartment. With just wearing a plain white shirt and black hot pants, she stepped cheerfully down the stairs. While singing the lyrics of her favorite song, she filled the living room.

"I thought you wouldn't go home."

Yunhee chuckled. "I don't even go anywhere, Meg." She walked to the pantry and took a piece of bread from the shelf.

"Serious?" Meg walked over to the pantry and stopped in front of the L-shaped long table. "Didn't he come?"

Yunhee was sure that Meg would throw a tantrum at the man if she said that he didnt come, but she couldn't lie. "No, he didn't."

"That bastard!"

Once again Yunhee just chuckled. "By the way he was pretty handsome." She commented.

Yunhee talked about a man who visited their apartment the night before, he was Meg's date.

"John? He's just a stranger I met at the bar." Meg waved her hand in front of her face, as if it was a trivial matter. Yunhee could never become Megumi, it was easy for Megumi to become the center of attention for men and she was pretty good to get men's hearts too. Meg is an attractive woman, no wonder they are attracted to her. "Hey, don't change the subject. So, how could that fool not come?"

"Meg, you will be fired if he hears you." Yunhee said while smearing jam on the bread. "And for your question, the answer is you already know. I don't need to explain anymore."

Megumi clicked irritably. "I hope our boss will soon divorce his useless wife."

Yunhee shook her head slowly, preparing to get the first bite of her breakfast. "You can't, Meg."

"Yes, yes, because their business marriage. Whatever." Meg did not heed Yunhee's words. "What is clear is you know he loves you. You can convince him to divorce his wife and marry you."

If only that was easy, Yunhee thought. Her relationship with the boss alone was a very big scandal, let alone telling him to divorce his wife. It's still good for his wife knowing about their relationship but not suing Yunhee, it's far better than having to complicate things that are already complicated.

"I have no right to do anything like that." Yunhee said softly, she put the bread that was half left on the plate. Suddenly felt no longer hungry.

"This must stop, Yunhee." Meg advised. "He can't arbitrarily make you his concubine that he can visit whenever he wants. You are his lover, you have the right to demand more attention."

"Not like that, Meg." Yunhee lowered her head resignedly. "The problem is with me."

"That's because you don't want to open your heart to another man." Meg said, putting her hand on Yunhee's shoulder. "Learn to love him, tell him if you love him. With that, you have the full right to have him."

It's easy to talk rather than act. Meg did not experience what she had experienced, Yunhee muttered to herself. Meg did not know that Yunhee had tried hard to deal with his boss over the past three years. She promised the man to try to open her heart, even though she only had as much as 30 percent chance. There was nothing wrong with the man, even the man had stated clearly that the only woman he loved was Yunhee. It's just that, Yunhee was not sure that the only man who now settled in her heart was him. Because, there is another man she couldn't get rid of from her heart.

***

Apparently, it was not Yunhee's day to laze around.

It was dusk, when Yunhee finally placed a large bucket of clean laundry that she had painstakingly washed several tens of minutes ago. She sighed heavily. This was a hard work, well, her life is hard. Jobs like this are nothing compared to the hard life out there, she thought.

Now she was standing on the rooftop-preparing to hang her clean laundry- when the noise from below drew her attention. She frowned, the voice was getting louder. Turning her heels, Yunhee ran down the stairs. When she arrived in the living room, Megumi was scolding a man who really deserved tantrums.

"I don't care that you are my boss, Lee Hyukjae. You can just fire me after this, but obviously you can't treat my best friend arbitrarily!" Meg shouted loudly right on the poor man's face who now could only stare at the figure who was scolding him. "You don't know, right, if all night Yunhee waited for you while you have fun with your wife !?"

"Meg," Yunhee called out to her, making the woman turn and stop all of her activities that could endanger Hyukjae's life.

Megumi understood, she retreated after having given Hyukjae another threat. "If you hurt her again, I swear I will slit your throat." With that, he approached Yunhee, kissed her cheek at a glance then headed towards the kitchen.

After Megumi left, Yunhee and Hyukjae dissolved in a quiet atmosphere. Yunhee stood out of reach of him while crossing her arms in front of her chest, putting on a sour face. Her eyes examined every inch of him.

Lee Hyukjae, CEO of Jewel-Tech Inc., came to the apartment with an outfit as simple as he ever wore, he was only covered by plain shirts and black jeans. Besides that, there are still different things. The man had just scolded his hair into a blonde. Inwardly, Yunhee sighed, this man really likes to change hairstyles. Just a few days ago she liked his jet black hair and now it has changed to blonde, it was a pity.

"Yunhee-" Hyukjae stepped closer to her, but she turned away to the left and left Hyukjae in regret. "I know you're upset with me, but please don't ignore me."

Yunhee's smile grew wide after Hyukjae's words, she chuckled while opening the refrigator. "I'm not ignoring you."

"But you're mad at me."

"No." Yunhee said, turning around as she gulped down a bottle of water. "I am not."

Hyukjae can't stand her fake smile, he really knew Yunhee was upset. So, with a broad step he approached her. When he managed to close the gap between them, his hand cupped her face.

"I'm sorry, I will do anything to please you."

"Anything?" Yunhee gave a slanted smile when Hyukjae nodded his head, suddenly there was a brilliant idea. "Come on." She pulled Hyukjae's arm and took the man up the stairs with him towards the roof.

By the time they got there, it was dark. Without further ado, Yunhee pointed to a stack of laundry to Hyukjae. She told him to hang it out.

"You're joking, aren't you?" Hyukjae retreated slowly.

Yunhee shook her head, "Do you think my face seems to be joking?"

Hyukjae held his breath, suddenly felt his throat dry. But he did not refuse, instead nodded in surrender. "Well if this can pay for my mistakes." He muttered resignedly.

Reluctantly, the man obeyed his lover's orders. One by one hung the clean laundry on the clothesline in silence, while Yunhee sat on the nearest wooden bench as she watched his work.

Inward

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter