Chapter 4

Coming back again and again

Don't forget to go on @baekinajar on twitter after you read the story!

 

-

Chanyeol

Meet me at the theaters around 5

 

Baekhyun was on the edge. He didn’t know if he wanted to go with Chanyeol. There was a part of him saying that it was a bad idea, and another part of him that wanted to hang out with the giant.

 

He was perched on his bead, pajamas still on since it was Saturday (Byun Baekhyun always sleeps in on Saturdays). Baekhyun sighed and ran his hand through his hair.

 

“ it, I’ll go”, he mumbled, pushing himself off the bed then walked to the restroom. He quickly rinsed his face with cold water, trying to ease his nerves. Baekhyun glanced at himself in the mirror, “Byun Baekhyun, you can do this!”.

 

Baekhyun quickly finished shower and wrapped a towel around his waist. When he opened the bathroom door, the cold air rushed to him making him grimace. He walked to his closet, still shivering, and scanned over his clothes. Since he’s going to the movies, Baekhyun looked for a casual fit. He knows the movies is gonna be cold so he thought he’d bring a blanket and a jacket for the night. Baekhyun decided on using a white jacket with “privè” labeled on, black pants, and a pair of vans. Only when he was finally done getting ready is when he looked at the time, 4;45 PM. Baekhyun gasped, scurrying around his room grabbing his wallet and phone then rushed out of his house.

 

“Just in time”, Baekhyun sighed in relief as he saw the bus approaching.

 

-

 

When Baekhyun got off the bus, he scanned the area looking for Chanyeol. But, he didn’t see the tall man anywhere. Baekhyun flinched when he felt his phone vibrate in his hand, it was Chanyeol calling.

 

“Hello”

 

“Are you there already?”

 

“Yeah, where are you?”

 

“I’m coming, I’ll be there in a few minutes. I had to uh… do something before I left”

 

“That’s alright, I’ll just wait by the entrance”

 

“Ok, see you”

 

“Bye”

 

Baekhyun hung up and made his way to the entrance, looking at the movies that were scheduled to play. There aren’t good movies out at this time of the year so Baekhyun wondered why Chanyeol decided on coming here. It would’ve been fine to go eat out, like what they usually did (before Haeun came).

 

“Baek”, he heard someone call out. Baekhyun turned around and saw Chanyeol, a smile forming on his face. That smile turned into a small frown when he scanned his eyes to the person beside Chanyeol, Hauen.

 

“What is she doing here?”, Baekhyun thought to himself. Not wanting to be rude, he made his way towards them, giving them a warm smile.

 

“And who do we have here?”, Baekhyun asked, looking towards Haeun. Haeun looked down shyly, much to Baekhyun’s surprise. He thought Haeun would be more open to Baekhyun.

 

“Baek this is Hauen, my girlfriend. Hauen this is Baekhyun, my close friend,” Chanyeol introduced. Hauen looked up at Baekhyun, showing him the best smile she could muster. After all, Baekhyun and Chanyeol have gotten close and she wants to make the best impression she can. Not only does she want to be close to Chanyeol, but she also wants to get along with his friends. Which is why she suggested to Chanyeol that they all should go on a day out.

 

Baekhyun was trailing behind the couple as they walked to their seats. He held his popcorn and drink, trying not to mind the couple who were holding hands in front of him. After the introduction, they didn’t really pay mind to Baekhyun. Just a few questions, from Haeun, here and there. But nothing to keep the conversation going. Baekhyun on the other hand didn’t try to start a conversation with Hauen. He felt like if he talked to Hauen he would learn that she is perfect for Chanyeol.

 

The three settled in their seats, watching the previews. Unfortunately for Baekhyun, Hauen was sitting between him and Chanyeol, making it hard for Baekhyun to talk to Chanyeol.

 

He sighed dejectedly and laid back on the seat, “This is going to be a long night”, Baekhyun mumbled to himself.

 

-

 

“Baekhyun choose where to eat tonight”, Chanyeol said as they walked out of the theatre. Baekhyun looked towards the couple, seeing their intertwined hands. Baekhyun just wanted to go home, he can’t handle it anymore. Eating with the two will only make it worse. Just watching them together made him exhausted.

 

“Yeol, I think I’m just going to go home. I’m not hungry”, Baekhyun made a lame excuse. Chanyeol frowned, confused, Baekhyun loves to eat with him.

 

“What if I pay?”, Chanyeol suggested. If it was any other night, only him and Chanyeol, Baekhyun would automatically say yes. But it wasn’t just him and Chanyeol tonight. Baekhyun gave him a small smile and shook his head. Chanyeol’s face faltered as Baekhyun bid them goodbye. With one last wave towards the couple, Baekhyun walked away.

 

Baekhyun dropped down on the bench, exhausted. He wasn’t prepared to see the couple. He trusted Chanyeol when he said it’ll be just him. It was already bad knowing that Chanyeol likes the girl, it was worse seeing them so… perfect for each other. Baekhyun saw the sparks in their eyes as they talked to each other. Baekhyun’s friends always told him that whenever he talked to Chanyeol there were sparks in his eyes. And they would always for it because “Baekhyun you fell hard for Park Chanyeol”. That’s when Baekhyun knew that Chanyeol’s feelings were real for Haeun. As much as he wants Chanyeol to himself, Baekhyun needs to let him go. If he stays there by Chanyeol’s side as a “close friend” then Baekhyun will end up hurting more.

 

Baekhyun felt a vibration coming from his phone that held in his hand. He looked down at the screen seeing a notification from Jongdaee^^.

 

Jongdaee^^

Hows you and park doing?

 

Baekhyun

Funny story.. turns out he brought Hauen LMAO

 

Jongdaee^^

WHAT, the nerve of that guy-

Are you still with them?

 

Baekhyun

No. After the movie, they wanted to eat dinner and Chan offered to pay for me. But I declined

 

Jongdaee^^

:( Hyun..

Come over to my house ASAP I’ll feed you

 

Baekhyun turned off his phone when he saw the bus approaching. He got his bus card out of his wallet and showed it to the driver. When he got to his seat, he replied to Jongdae.

 

Baekhyun

Really?? Ok I'll be over in 10 minutes the bus just picked me up

 

AN: I am really bad at updates I am so sorry. The semester started again so I was busy with getting used to my new classes. So as the school year goes on don't expect weekly updates. Also, the chapters are quite short so sorry about that. Also, don't forget to check out the twitter for this fic @baekinajar for the interactive tweets!! Have a good day and thank you for reading the story! Comments about the story is welcomed! Please tell me if you're confused or if you see any places I could improve on!