Nightmare

Sleep

Minjoo jolted up from her sleep gasping for air as the terrifying scene replayed fresh in the back of her mind. Her eyes glistened as she slowly calmed herself and laid on her back again before turning to see the angel-like person sleeping on the bed beside.

She found an extra bit of tranquility when she stared upon her and continued to do so seeing how peacefully the latter is asleep. "I know I'm pretty but it's creepy to stare while I'm sleeping you know" broke her out of her trance and flinched in shocked when her eyes met another pair of eyes staring back at her.

"Oh God unnie~! Don't scare me like that!"

"What happened? Are you alright?" Chaewon looked at the younger girl worriedly, the familiar scene that Minjoo seems to have forgotten moments ago came rushing like a broken slide. She turned pale and trembled slightly with new tears forming in her eyes.

 

"Nightmare?" Chaewon's soft voice is heard again, but Minjoo decided that Chaewon wouldn't need to know the details so she simply nod. A few tears dropped unconsciously and Minjoo was so glad the room is pitch black at the moment.

 

She was about to face the other side to hide the fallen tears when Chaewon patted the little space on her bed gesturing for Minjoo to come over. "Come here Minjoo-ah, sleep with me tonight"

"It's fine unnie, I'm o-okay" 

"You must be tired" 

"Come on Minjoo it's fine. Don't worry about me"

"Is... Is it okay?" Part of her was eager to jump right onto the other bed yet another was reluctant since they had a tiring day full of schedules and she wouldn't want Chaewon to lose sleep just to cater to her stupid nightmare.

"Just come Kim Minjoo" By now Chaewon's voice is laced with slight irritation. 

"No it's okay! Goodnight Chaewon unnie!" Minjoo was determined to not bother the older girl with that childish (was what she thought it is) nightmare of hers as she pulled the duvet over her head. 

 

After a few seconds of silence, she heard ruffling sound from the bed across. She was sure holding on her breath not making any movements just in case. The noise stopped and Minjoo let out a shaky breath of relieved not for long as she was out of breath again when Chaewon slipped into her bed. 

 

!!!!

What the...

 

The older girl casually scoot Minjoo to make some room for her to lie down before pulling her close. It all happened so smoothly by the time Minjoo blinked her eyes, strands of hair greeted her line of view, snuggling close to Chaewon's neck as the latter had her arm wrapped around her torso. The hotel single bed is bound to be smaller than their beds at the dorm yet Minjoo couldn't fully comprehend the idea of being so so close to the latter. 

"Tskk! you stubborn frog" Minjoo could feel her lips slowly curved into a smile at that comment. Chaewon tsundere mode is ON.  

 

They stayed like that for a moment until Minjoo subconsciously tremble again as she was reminded of her nightmare for the third time that night. "You wanna talk about it?" As if Chaewon triggered a switch, Minjoo broke down. Tears gushing out, sobbing hard, leaving Chaewon flustered over the sudden cause of event.

"Yah yah yah! Why are you crying?! What happened?!" Minjoo was a crying mess to even hear her and so Chaewon sighed while offering a comfort hug, just letting the girl soaked her tshirt with her tears.

When Minjoo's sobs finally subsided, Chaewon thought she fell asleep but the younger girl spoke up instead."I...I h-had a night...mare" Chaewon merely hummed, hand brushing over the girl's head silently telling her to continue.

 

Thus Minjoo began narrating her dream how she went shopping at a mall with Yena and Hyewon, they were having a great time when suddenly Hyewon suggested to enter the toys store. Suddenly the atmosphere of the store turned dark, the lights are all red and she was standing there with only Yena. They were clinging onto each other in fear when a doll showed up with a knife in hand. Yena being her coward self, ditched Minjoo right on that spot and then the doll started chasing her attempting to stab her. She ran for her life but trip over a duck plushie to fall down the elevator. 

 

"...and then I woke up" Minjoo ended her long story with more sniffs since her nose was running after crying. She looked up only to see Chaewon trying hard not to stifle a laugh. "Why are you laughing?!" she hit her right above her chest.

"Arkkk! Sorry sorry so you're telling me you dreamed of being chase by Chucky thats why you cried your heart out earlier?"

"Yes! It was so scar— stop laughing! unnie~" Minjoo whined as the fairy kept on giggling.

"You crybaby~ it's okay unnie will protect you hmm?" Chaewon and started babying her. 

"I'm not a crybaby! Stop doing that!"

“You are"

"No I'm not!"

Minjoo glared but Chaewon thought it was the cutest glare ever. She couldn't resist to poke her cheek playfully before asking "But is it really scary though?"

This time Minjoo looked at her in disbelieve "Of course! Try having a doll with a red hair, red eyes, chasing you with a butcher knife in his hand!!" 

"Alright! You made a point there" 

"What's the scariest trait that made you run?" 

"Hmm... His hair I guess? Those red hair looks like satan...." 

"Red like mine?" Chaewon questioned in which she felt the younger girl nodded making her lips gently brushed on her neck, tickling her. "I thought you said you like my red hair?"

"Not anymore then" That made Chaewon protest but the way Minjoo let out her melodious giggles with sniffles in between and how the way their bodies vibrate over it made her soft.  

 

With a smile on her face, Chaewon retracted her arm that was holding Minjoo to prop her arm a little, hovering over the younger girl. Sensing the sudden change from the fairy's body language, Minjoo blushed but immediately shut her eyes when Chaewon leaned closer.  

 

Nothing.....

 

"What were you thinking Min-?" She opened her eyes one by one and her pepe expression emerged as words jumbled in her brain. "I.. Ah just I... " she trailed off causing Chaewon to chuckle seeing her girl turned beet red.

Why are you so cute for...

 

The fairy then pulled Minjoo to sit up before pinching her nose with a tissue, "Now blow"

  "I can do it on my own!" despite her protest, Minjoo followed suit and blow her nose. She watched how Chaewon wiped over her messy self a couple of times before settling the used tissues on the table beside. "All done! Lets sleep!"

One last boop on her nose, the older girl pushed them both to lie back preparing to sleep.

 

 

Chaewon was definitely on the verge of drifting into her dreamland when she heard Minjoo's voice again. 

Dejavu

 

"W-what Minjoo?" 

"I said aren't you supposed to use your sleeves or shirt when wiping my nose earlier?" 

“And sleep with your snots all over me? No thanks"

"But in the drama th—" 

"Well this isn't a drama so you'll have to settle with the reliable tisues"

"Erghh I hate you" 

"We all know you love me... So much" 

"shut up!"

"Goodnight baby"  

 

 

 


 

A/N : This is inspired by that one time 2kim said they were roommates during japan promotion and I just happened to daydream about this at work lol. Also did I mention how much I love it whenever both minjoo & chaewon whine that "unnie~" irl cause goddamn I LOVE IT ㅠㅠㅠㅠ

Thank you so so so much for the warm welcome of the first chapter of Sleep and I'm so happy and grateful yall like it. Think of this extra chapter as a thankful gift ^^ (I have a couple more idea about 2kim involving them sleeping, might turn this into a series but we'll see how since I don't have much free time huhu)

 

 Thank you for reading!!!! —ninja pooofff