Let The Princess Sleep

Sleep

Having all 12 girls in one house sure is chaotic. They just finished their large dinner in Dorm 1 since their manager bought a bunch of meat to celebrate them winning the rookie awards. In the midst of the loud atmosphere in the dorm, the radish fairy was particularly silent on top of her bunk bed.

Their packed schedules and the constant below zero temperature that week had finally taken a toll on her.

 

Chaewon had been feeling under the weather since she woke up in the morning and she was trying her best to discreetly sneeze or blow her running nose the whole day. Now that they're done with their dinner, all she wanted to do is sleep and hopefully she wakes up tomorrow feeling a lot better.

 

She sat on her bed watching how Eunbi and Yena were wrestling on the floor while Yuri, Hitomi and Wonyoung were just watching—laughing at the dorks. They were being loud but she couldn't possibly told them to keep it down. Feeling irritated, Chaewon let out a sigh before climbed down the bed to head to the kitchen. She sneezed a couple of times midway as she was entering the kitchen area.

 

Chaewon could feel Chaeyeon's worried gaze as she cruised around the kitchen hydrating herself with a cup of water. She chose to ignore the latter and made her way out to check on the living room.

It's loud and crowded as she predicted.

Chaewon ought to go to the other dorm to sleep but that would just worry the others when they found out she's missing later and her sickness would be blown. The last thing she wanted was to have Eunbi or Chaeyeon knew that she was sick and then she would be stuck in a room being treated like a patient in a hospital. Cue eye rolled. So she looked around before sneaking into the other room. It's empty. She closed the door, turned the lights off and climbed up onto the bunk bed.

 

Ahhh this would do. This scent is very comforting.

 


In the mean time, Minju was practically stuck being a third wheel in the living room. Hyewon and Sakura were pretty much glued to each other on one of the couch, if she was to stay there watching how Hyewon shamelessly flirting with the older girl in her embrace for another minute, Minju swore she's gonna puke.

 

Throwing the pair a dead stare, Minju stood up from her sit with the intention of returning to her room. "Minju, where are you going?" It was Nako. Minju turned to look at the petite girl and saw how her eyes were begging to not leave her with the digusting pair —was what Nako would always said — along with the hyper Yujin in the living room. She chuckled at the sight before patting the girl's head as a sign for her to hang in there.

 

Opening the door to her room, Minju was confused as to why the room was totally dark. She was sure that she left the lights on when she went out earlier.

Oh well, maybe Eunbi unnie switched the lights off before dinner.

She flicked the switch on and made her way to the side of the bed not before pulling the door behind her leaving it ajar.

 

What greeted her line of view made her froze on the spot and her heart was beating rapidly. The blanket was in place like how it should be, it didn't seem as if anyone was under the blanket but long hair was sticking out at the end. Minju was contemplating if she should run outside and yelled how there's a 'ghost' on her bed or maybe she could fake a faint till Yujin came into the room to save her.

! What am I supposed to do?! Gho- wait red locks?

 

It was then that Minju realised the colour of the hair on her bed. She was pretty sure all her life, she'd only seen 'ghost' being displayed with having dark black hair and never once with striking colours. Okay with the exception of Anabelle of course.

"Chae—Chaewon unnie..?" She called out softly. Minju heard a sigh and watched how the blanket was pulled down a little to reveal a glimpse of the girl's face.

 

Letting out a relieved sigh, Minju walked closer and stood on one of the stairs. "Why are you here unnie?" Hand reaching over to brush the red locks she admired a lot. "Sleep". The short answer was then followed with a moment of silence. "Can I join you?" the younger girl asked timidly. "It's your room, do what you want." The cold reply from the girl occupying the bed left Minju speechless.

 

Minju was about to step down and made her exit when she heard Chaewon speak again "Come up here... Please"

Sigh... This unnie is being tsundere again

Thus she climbed up, pushed the blanket aside and laid next to Chaewon. The bed wasn't that big but it was comfortable enough for the two to stay. They were facing each other, Chaewon with her eyes still closed put her hand on the younger girl's waist pulling her closer.

 

Minju naturally let her palm to cup the fairy's cheek. "Un—Unnie! You're hot!" The warmness that she felt sent her into a panicky mode. "I know" Chaewon said nonchalantly as if she was stating the fact. "Y-You know I didn't mean it that way! You're down—"

"I know" Minju's words were cut off.

"Did you take the med—"

"I did"

"Eunbi Unnie, did sh—"

"She doesn't know and you won't be telling her."

"Uh Uhhh but are—" Minju was asking all sorts of questions but she kept getting shut down by the sick girl where at last a palm covered to stop her from talking.

 

"I'm okay. Perfectly fine just need to sleep this off and I'll be waking up as the healthiest person in the morning. Stop interogating me so I could sleep. The dorm is loud enough for god sake." Minju could feel a shiver ran down her spine as she looked at the annoyed stare in front of her.

 

Damn! I didn't know Chaewon unnie could be this scary when she's sick. But that annoyed stare makes her look cute rather than intimidating.

 

When she nodded with understanding only did the older girl released her palm. "Now be a good girlfriend and sing me to sleep Minguri"

"Unnie, you're being a tsundere again. That's not fair" Minju pouted jokingly. "I'm sorry okay... So can you please sing me a song and maybe a Min-night at the end to make me sleep better please" Chaewon pulled the girl in her embrace to turn around so she could backhug her.

 

Letting out a giggle, Minju started singing softly to make the girl sleep. It was hazy but Chaewon pretty sure she heard a soft "Jaljayo ssammu gongju, Min-night"(Goodnight radish princess, Min-night) her mind slowly drifted off as she snuggled up close to Minju's neck.

 

 

"Unnie are you asleep yet?" Brought her back from her drowsiness earlier. She was tempted to let out a disappointing sigh but she opted for a questioning hum instead. Hearing no response from the younger girl, "why?"

"Nothing. Just checking on you" Minju was grinning as she answered her. She wondered how far can she escaped with teasing this sick girl.

"Minju if you don't shut it, I'm returning to my bed to sleep with Eunbi unnie instead"

 

A comfortable silence followed before "Unnie..."

"That's it!" Chaewon tried to sit up but Minju was quick to drape her hand over the fairy's which was encircling her waist. Pulling Chaewon to lay down again before turning her head slightly to look at the girl who was back-hugging her "Okay okay I'm sorry! I promise I'll behave from now on"

"Good... Ssam-night, Kim Minju" she heard the fairy whispered into her ear which then also embraced her closer.

 

Minju was definitely contented, not only did she managed to tease the cool fairy to snap, but she got to sleep getting spooned by her girl that night. Somehow her winter is warm.

 

 

 

 

 

 

BONUS ^^

 

"Look they're sleeping together"

"Ahhhh meccha kawaii" (ahhh really cute)

"Minju unnie sleeping like a baby"

"Chaewon unnie is so whipped for Minju"

"Unnie you're right, Chaewon do look like a koala when she sleeps"

"Keep your voices down kids, you're gonna wake them up"

Chaewon wasn't sure how long had it passed by since she drifted off to dreamland but she was woken up by some hushed whispers and feet shuffling in the room. She could feel Minju stable breathing and glad that the girl was still asleep. When she managed to decipher one of the whispering voices, not bothering to open her eyes nor lift  her head she called out with her voice cracking a little. "Eunbi unnie"

 

The whispering stopped immediately and the room was dead silent as the heads watching over the bunk bed turned to look at each other. Panic was written on their faces. "Yes dear" The mentioned girl said softly as she took in the husky cracking voice in mind.

This kid, is she having a fever?

 

"Get out" Chaewon said with such cold and venomous tone. A series of collective gasps heard within the room. Who knew their lovely fairy could say something with such tone and it was directed to their leader for crying out loud. For if Eunbi didn't know well, she would definitely called her out for that rude attitude but then she had been looking after the girl since a year ago. Chaewon could be quite sassy when she's sick and you don't want to be on her bad side during that time.

 

"Yeap definitely down with a fever" Eunbi muttered with a chuckle. "Come on kids, you heard the princess. Let's continue tomorrow" She added with a hushed tone careful not to wake Minju up.

 

Chaewon heard some shuffles again and then the bed rocked a little as someone climbed up the steps. She lifted up her head slightly to peek on the intruder yet a brief kiss landed on her head before the same thing on Minju's. "Goodnight Koala. I'll make your favourite soup in the morning for you to get better" Chaewon smiled as Eunbi retreated down, before turning the lights off and leaving the room.

Sigh. Finally a peaceful sleep.

 

 

"You're such a kid in front of Eunbi unnie"

"I thought you were asleep"

"I am but woke up when you called out Eunbi unnie"

"I'm sorry"

"It's okay"

"Unnie" Minju called out again.

"What now Minju" Chaewon sighed as the same thing was about to happen again. Or so she thought

"I love you" She could feel blood rushing to her cheeks but she was glad Minju couldn't see her or else the younger girl would to no end.

"Hmm...I love yo—myself too"

"Tsk tsundere much"

"Go to sleep Minju"

 

 

A/N : 2kim is really coming to be that superior ship now huh?!! I just thought that sick-Chaewon would be sassy and even more tsundere and just CUTEEE lol