revenge

Cruelly Beautiful
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He was the child of Lucifer. Unlike any would think, that the child of the Lord of the Underworld would be fearsome or powerful. The boy was a fragile child, that his father doted on him very much. One would never guess that he was the child of Lucifer, after all most of his siblings were exactly like one would think they would be coming from the most powerful demon. But as the youngest son of Lucifer, Kyungsoo was small for his age. The boy loves to read more than anything, and well. No one really expected the small male to be able to contribute to anything in the underworld kingdom. Yet many of the others care and doted on the boy. To the point where he was unable to leave the castle and the surveillance of his father's servants and guards. The latter would complain to his uncles when they have time to spend with him, in the safe place of the library. Kyungsoo doesn't think he is childish or immature, but sometimes he does throw tantrums because of their protectiveness. 

Today was just like most days, Kyungsoo was spending his day getting invested in the fantasy of the book he have been reading for a while now. When his brother comes in all dressed up. Kyungsoo perks up from his book, before setting it down and acknowledging his brother's presence. The elder was way taller than the latter, just as Kyungsoo was about to tilt his head up to meet his brother's eyes when the elder stops him by putting a hand on his head. "Kyungsoo, please listen. Yes, I'm leaving to the front lines. Whether I come back or not. Stay safe please." He says before vanishing just as abruptly as he came. The boy pouts because his dear sisters haven't came back either from a different battle in keeping the angels from entering their safe haven. And he had begun missing them greatly already, he glances out the window from where he was sitting. The outside world looks more grim than usual, looks like the once lively city has gone dead....like the castle itself. He looks towards the door and tries to listen for the servants and guards whom usually worked in the castle. 

However he can only pick up few of them, were the battles getting that bad that half of the people in the castle was send away to defend their home? If so, why haven't he gone? Kyungsoo wasn't weak, he was actually very good with his magic, so he doubts that he would hold anyone back. He moves off from where he was sitting, leaving the library, and heads towards the throne room, where he knows that his father would be at with the others. 

Knocking on the door gently, and a voice telling him to come in. Kyungsoo gently push the door open, seeing his father in his throne. Kyungsoo smiles and happily runs to the man before hugging him in which the elder gladly returns the gesture. "I miss you my boy." The elder chuckles softly, running his fingers through the dark wine locks of his youngest child. "I have been so busy to go and play a chess game with you." Lucifer sighs, this was one of the many moments when the usual intimating man goes soft for his youngest child. The usual cold and distant eyes would melt and go soft when looking at the happy child who seems to light up the space he is in. 

"It's alright! When is big sister coming back?" the boy chirps with his signature heart shape smile. Where did he get that smile from? Most be his mother, the most gentle fallen angel he ever came across. If the man can say anything, the fallen angel didn't had any sin, so why she was there down on Earth was a big question to the demon but he didn't regret any moment he had her by his side. Only regret was when he wouldn't be there in her last moments when the holy beings from above executed.......no perhaps it was the regret he wouldn't protect her that kills his heart. 

Glancing at the boy who had made himself comfortable in his lap, he is happy that he turned out to be a good child. "Soon, when we are able to push the angels back." He tells the boy patiently who huffs. Jumping off his lap, Kyungsoo stomps his foot. "I can help them! I'm strong too father!" Lucifer looks away grunting. "Kyungsoo, we talked about this." The man sighs causing the latter to grunt more before stomping towards the door. "Young man, don't you dare do anything rash." He tells the boy firmly in which he receives a glare as an answer before the door to the throne door was slammed. 

Kyungsoo stomps his way towards his room, no maid or his favorite maid was following him in his trail. He groans, despite not looking like around his age, he was an adult and his father's denial about him joining battlefield. Frustrates the latter to no end. 

He goes back to his room, thinking about his next move. Since there would be little to no chances of any maids checking on him after all there was barely any in his way to his room. Changing his attire, Kyungsoo opens his window taking in the breeze. The Underworld wasn't all fires mostly barren land, cities and towns were far away. The place for torture was far from the palace. So one can't really hear the screams and Kyungsoo had never been allowed to go anywhere near there. Doesn't mean he never had sneak himself there, and for once he is glad he is not allowed there. 

Letting his wings free, a dark midnight pair of wings, he takes off into the night. Of course, he closes the windows first. His father didn't raise him to get only half the things done. He closes his eyes trying to sense where his sisters are, just as he was able to track down their location. Spears of light rains down on the boy who barely avoids them. Only able to keep himself from getting injured by making a shield. Glad he took those defense classes, he mentally pats himself, clearing from the sudden attacks, three angels where above him. And well, Kyungsoo can't never deny that they were beautiful, cruelly so. If his father's eyes was cold and intimating. Theirs were cold and fiery. Their white attire were decorated with gold pieces, gold chokers and bracelets though were the most prominent from them. They didn't look normal and seemed heavy on the angels, but it barely seem to bother them. They blinding aura almost hurts Kyungsoo's eyes. 

"What a shame. Something like you..." One of them speaks, their voice was almost enticing but so cold and without any soul to it. It scares Kyungsoo to no end, even the guardian demons that speaks without emotion weren't like that. Another disappears and reappears behin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter