December 27, 2018

With love

Dear Gyuri,

Honestly, I’m not sure on how to start this but I’ll write everything I want, wanted and should have said to you…

I don’t know what happened last year. One day we were fine, then the next day it felt like we were distant from each other. I wanted to talk to you, and when I did, but it felt empty. I thought maybe you were busy and you needed time for yourself, so that’s what I did. I didn’t know how long you would need… I thought about you a lot. Whenever I was idle, my mind would always drift to you. I wanted to help you, but I wasn’t sure how. So I just waited.

When we finally had a proper conversation, it didn’t go the way I expected it to be. We shared our honest feelings. We were both hurt. The both of us had a lot of pent up emotions, but I know you had more.

I’m sorry. I felt like I failed you as a friend.

I cried a lot that night. I’m not saying this to make you feel bad or anything, but I want you to know that you mean so much to me. I cried because I should’ve understood you. I cried because I was too scared to approach you. I cried because I didn’t want to lose you.

But I’m glad that we talked it out and fixed things between us. It felt like all the heavy feelings in me disappeared when we hugged.

I’m also sorry for not writing a letter last year… But let’s move on from everything that happened and welcome the new things with a better and happier heart.

Happy birthday, Gyuri ♥ I admire you for your bravery and strength, but please don’t forget to take care of yourself too. I’m always thankful to you and I love you.

With love,
Saerom