Chapter 3: False Alarm

Serendipity

“You know girls, if a guy who teases you much, it doesn’t necessarily mean that they like you. Those only happen in dramas and not in real life.” Jung Gain, or known as “The Fierce Gain”, said while getting her nails done. The girls: Jessica, Sooyoung, Hyoyeon, and Tiffany, listened on while having their maskers peeled.

It’s a beautiful Saturday afternoon and Jessica’s aunt, Gain, asked them to accompany her to the beauty salon. Gain is Jessica’s father youngest sister but because she’s only 5 years older than them, she wanted them to called her ‘unnie’ rather than ‘gumo’.

She is a 4th year university student in Kyunghee University, majoring in stage acting. She loves taking care of her niece, Jessica and Krystal, and enjoys being around  Jessica’s friends too. The girls like her especially for her sound advices in the love department.

“I think you’re right, Unnie. The first time I met Taecyeon, he didn’t even dare look at my eyes. He’s so flustered whenever he talks to me. I don’t remember that he ever teased me.” Jessica nodded  in approval of Gain’s statement.

“Yah, it’s because he’s scared with you! Hahahahahaha!” Tiffany immediately butted in, earning her a soft knock in the head from Jessica.

“I guess that’s the case too, Sica.” Gain joined Tiffany’s side. Jessica pouted and covered her ears with her fingers as she pretended not to hear them.

“But I guess, Eunhyuk oppa does that too…” Hyoyeon spoke in a low volume.

“Totally!” Sooyoung screamed while pointing at Hyoyeon. “You know, he’s really scared that he can’t even meet your eyes. He doesn’t have the guts like when he did the break dance in front of the students in our school whenever he talks to you. Do you remember the day he brought you the big bouquet of lilies when you won the dance competition? His face was beet red, like that of a tomato! When I saw it, I knew he has totally fallen for you, Hyo.”

“Really? Hehehe…” Hyoyeon laughed shyly. She always felt embarrassed when talking about Eunhyuk, her 100-days boyfriend. After two years of nonstop confessions by Eunhyuk and rejections from Hyo’s side, she finally realized that she actually had the same feeling with him.

“Jaejoong oppa never does that, unnie. What do you think?” asked Tiffany. She used to be in a relationship with Jaejoong but it ended after three months as Jaejoong kept dating many girls behind Tiffany’s back.

“He’s a total playboy. He knows his strength and uses it against the girls who like him. Why would he’d want to show the flustered side of him? To get him back, you should do the opposite. You must show that you are not interested in him.” Gain winked at Tiffany when she said her last sentence.

“Wooo! It’s gonna be hard, Ppani!” Jessica and Sooyoung teased Tiffany. They knew she likes him really much. Too bad, he doesn’t feel the same.

“Sooyoung, how about you? Don’t you have any experience with a guy who gets flustered when he talks with you?” asked Gain, making the other three shift their attention to Sooyoung as they wait for her answer.

“Ah, impossible! She’s engaged only to food, unnie.” said Hyoyeon as she continued doing her nails.

“And Brad Pitt!” added Tiffany.

“…which is delusional. No guys for Sooyoung. Sorry, unnie.” Jessica ended, adding fuel to the fire.

“YAAAA!”

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SOOYOUNG’S POV

Of course there is one! These girls… Seriously, they are just too absorbed with themselves. But I couldn’t tell them who the guy is. I mean, I am not even sure. This is only from my side. From his side, I couldn’t tell. And if I share this to them, it’ll be disaster for my love life.

Ever since that ice cream incident in Jeju, which happened around six months ago by the way, I guess I could say that I have more interactions with Changmin. Not only by quantity but also in quality. We do not really have long discussions but at least, we’re not just exchanging greetings like what we used to do.

And from those interactions with him, I believe he gets kinda flustered when he is with me. He always stutters when he talks to me and always avoids my eyes. Sometimes, I find him looking at me (which is followed by a sudden cough when I look at him back and smile) whenever we were eating in the cafeteria. I remember Heechul oppa said that he was only interested in computer and not in girls, but what I found is the opposite. To be honest, this felt fun.

Well, to say that he likes me doesn’t seem right, so I assumed that he was only slightly interested in me. Besides, I haven’t heard that there’s any girl in our school who likes him or he likes back. I haven’t heard that he has any relationship with any girl either. I don’t know why, but I felt an urge to know what Changmin really feels towards me.

Isn’t how you feel towards him are more important?”

That’s what Heechul oppa said to me when I told him my thoughts (of course I didn’t mention Changmin’s name but I believe he already knew it).

Sometimes I’m scared.

Scared, that I might be like him already but I am still not sure what he feels about me.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Class was over and I was about to go back home with Sica when I realize that I left my Math book in my desk. I asked Sica to wait in front of the school while I went back to my class in the second floor.

As I was running, I bumped into someone in the alley. It was Lee Yeonhee, the student from class 3-C. I gave her a brief apology before running to my class again. I need to get my Math book immediately and leave the class before sundown because being in the school at evening gives me chills. There are countless myths and ghost stories related with my school and I don’t want to be a part of it.

I finally got my book and was back on the first floor. I stopped running and chose to walk at a normal speed, hoping that the Ice Princess is still waiting for me as she has really short level of patience. I was about to put my Math book in my bag when I heard a voice inside one of the classrooms.

“I have been thinking about it several times.”

It was a guy’s voice. Who could be speaking in a classroom this late?

I really didn’t want to eavesdrop but I got curious? Hehehe.

I walked slowly and saw the door of class 3-F slightly open. I thought the voice came from there. I took a peek from the window and saw a guy facing a girl. I can’t see the guy’s face but I clearly saw Lee Yeonhee there. Afraid that I might be seen, I immediately bent my leg and listened to them.

“Lee Yeonhee, do you want to be my girlfriend?”

Wow! Daebak! Someone just got a confession! It’s going to be breaking news tomorrow. Lee Yeonhee is known as a “weird” student. People address her like that for her weird taste in fashion, her ways of thinking, and even her appearance. Actually, I didn’t think that she’s weird. She’s just unique. And personally, I like her different ways of thinking.

I was really curious about the guy who confessed to Yeonhee and what Yeonhee’s answer would be. I walked while keeping my head down. I have passed the room already and can see a clear view of them now. I was ready to see the new couple in school when… I accidentally dropped my Math book. I panicked and gave a quick glance to the classroom, checking whether they have realized that someone was eavesdropping on their conversation.

That’s when I saw Shim Changmin.

I saw him smiling while looking at Lee Yeonhee. Two things that he has never done to me.

My question needed no answer anymore.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi !

More updates here.. What do you think about this chapter guys?

Please let me know :)

Oh btw, HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY CHANGMIN ! <3