I Can't Let This Happen

Accidentally in Love

 

Title : Accidentally In Love (Part Three)
Pairing : Yongseo
Genre : AU, romance.
Rating : G
Summary : There are no coincidences in this life. Only destinies crisscrossing one another.


OST : Say Yes by Jung In Ho (Summer Scent OST). Listen while reading, please.

Jung Yong Hwa was so restless the day before Seo Joo Hyeon’s date that he had to leave his room and wandered outside for an hour, trying to stop thinking of what could happen between an innocent girl and an experienced player. When he came back to his place, he took a shower, reread all of her messages for the day, and finally fell asleep around 2 am.

He woke up at 7 and felt dizzy, as if he didn’t sleep at all.

By 7.30, he got to the kitchen and made himself coffee.

By 8, the first text from Joo Hyeon arrived, wishing him a good day.

“What are you going to do this afternoon?” he typed.

He was hoping for a lunch with her. Maybe.

“Yoona said I should doll-up myself. She’s taking me to a hairdresser. She said she’ll make me do a make-over. Wait. There are two “make” words in a sentence. It’s strange!”

He began to feel this mild sharp hammering sensation inside him.

You are already pretty, dammit! You mean you’re gonna try getting prettier for that Lee Teuk guy who you just talked to yesterday?

He thought for something to say and chose this :

“Wah. So much effort for a friendly dinner.”

He wanted to capitalized “friendly” but he didn’t.

“Well, this is pretty exciting, Oppa. Other girls do it, so why can’t I? Every girls want to feel pretty and important once in a while.”

Yong Hwa felt a migraine coming up.

He massaged his temple and heard, “Hyeong? You okay?”

It was Jung Shin, peering worriedly from the kitchen, looking for water.

“Fine.”

Jung Shin staggered back to his room while Yong Hwa sat on the couch.

“So, Oppa. What are you going to do today? Besides class, I mean”

He only got a few classes left and he didn’t feel like it. But he needed to go out and do something. Or he’ll turn insane.

“Classes. And jam session, I guess. I’m thinking to sing in cafes again.”

“Wow! Good luck, Oppa. Invite me to a performance when you have one!”.

What’s with this cheerful mood, huh? Why do you sound so happy?

“Argh! Mwolla!” he yelled to himself, slamming his phone to the couch before leaving it for a morning shower.

******************************************

Did Seo Hyeon really have taken a fancy at Lee Teuk?

No, not really.

She just found the guy nice to talk with. And on a sudden burst of courage, when he asked her out for dinner, she just said yes.

Yong Oppa is very nice. So maybe guys are generally nice.

Good food, and a nice someone to talk with. Why not?

She had asked Yoona –who more or less knew everyone in the campus—is Lee Teuk a good guy?

Yoona said Lee Teuk was okay. So there would be no problem.

“How about making you prettier for the night?” Yoona had asked.

“What do you mean?”

“You know, do your hair, have a stylist make up your face……”

“…………ne! Let’s do it!”

********************************************

“What are you doing right now?” he texted to Seo Hyeon.

“Eonnie is waving my hair right now. I’m in a salon.”

He felt like breaking his phone into four pieces.

“Show it to me when you’re done!”.

He received her next e-mail around 1 pm. It contained an attachment.

He downloaded it with dread and closed the screen with his hand.

The moment was a bit surreal because he was in the middle of his campus parking lot, where people keep on greeting and greeting him and he said “Oh, annyeong!” over and over again, already in a mechanical mode.

His fingers slowly uncovered his phone screen and he almost couldn’t breathe.

Seo Joo Hyeon’s long hair was now flowing down her shoulders in shiny soft curls.

Come on. You’re Jung Yong Hwa, for God’s sake!

A bunch of girls were forming a group, looking at him and pushing each other to his directions.

He couldn’t count all the girls he had kissed, but here he was, almost hysterical seeing Seo Joo Hyeon in wavy hair.

Seo Joo Hyeon who never had a boyfriend, had never been kissed, and didn't even have an ideal type.

Or maybe after tonight she’d have a boyfriend, tried kissing, and have an ideal type.

Resolutely, he went to this café and fulfilled his appointment. Singing until 5 pm.

********************************************

The singing gig was done and he felt like he was ready to throw up from anxiety.

Not because he was nervous or the performance went awry.

Nope. It was great and everyone applauded and girls were asking for his twitter account.

But. Seo Hyeon was going to be kissed tonight and the nearer it was to 7 pm, the more he thought he’d fall apart.

If he survived the night, he might survive being her friend while she had a boyfriend.

He could just take someone there who looked at him with dreamy eyes to dinner and proceed to forget what his best friend was currently – or about to be – doing.

Forget it. I can’t take this anymore.

He packed his guitar and sprinted out the café to the direction of her place with Im Yoona.

*******************************************

“Oh……..Jung Yong Hwa? Sorry…….she’s out”

“But this is only 6.15!” he yelled, not caring that it was extremely impolite.

“Um……she said she wanted to play a white piano first, to help with her nerves. I don’t know what she meant but I think she’s stopping somewhere on the way………..”

Yong Hwa ran to the elevator before Yoona stopped speaking.

Why the hell are you nervous? Didn’t you say it’s just a friendly dinner?

And Goddammit I must see that wavy hair and that fancy blue dress!

*******************************************

“Was she here?” he asked to the piano owner in the shop, without saying her name and without saying the time.

“She was. But she has just left before you came” the owner said, equally being anonymous.

Yong Hwa managed to bow before running again to the direction of that dreaded seafood restaurant.

********************************************

He arrived at 7.05 and Seo Hyeon and Lee Teuk were just sitting down, getting familiar with each other and were holding the menu to choose.

Seo Hyeon was listening to recommendations from Lee Teuk when her wrist was suddenly pulled to the side.

By someone.

“We need to talk” Jung Yong Hwa said, his fingers closing on her wrist.

Lee Teuk was looking at him blankly. “Jung Yong Hwa?”

“There’s some emergency.”

“What happened, Oppa?”

“You know this guy?”

“I need to talk to you this very minute. This is urgent.”

“What’s wrong? Has something bad happened?”

Yong Hwa pulled her to stand up and she excused herself from Lee Teuk.

“I’m sorry. Just a moment, okay?”

He took her out of the restaurant, to the sideway where people crowded the place and walked passed them.

“Oppa? What’s wrong? You look so…….depressed. I’ve never seen you like this”

“I’m so sorry. But I can’t let this happen.”

“Let what happen?”

“You. And that guy. Dating.”

Seo Hyeon looked at him with wide, surprised eyes.

“But why? I’m just making friends.”

“No, you’re not. Not with this pretty dress, pretty hair, and pretty make up. You’re looking for a boyfriend!”

“I’m not! I’m just eating dinner!”

“Well then, he is! He likes you and wants you to be his girlfriend!”

“How do you know that?”

“It’s obvious! You’re pretty and you’re amazing and you’re so sweet! Of course everybody sane wants you to be his girlfriend!”

Seo Hyeon was paralyzed with the praises. Swept away and brain-froze.

“Oppa, did you just say that I’m…….pretty, amazing, and sweet?”

Yong Hwa took a deep breath and moved on.

“Yes. Yes, I suppose I just did.”

“Is that true? Do you really think so?”

“Of course I do! Rather than him wooing you and trying to hold your hand tonight, let me do it. If you go back there, to him, I think I’m going to punch him.”

“But he’s innocent. It’s you who rudely pulled me out.”

“I know I’m being rude. But I just can’t stand the fact that you’re eating dinner with him, and he’s going to stare at you the whole night and probably try to kiss you.”

She was silent.

“Oppa is jealous? For me?”

She asked so wonderingly and so innocently he wanted to grasp her waist. Tight.

“I guess I am” he admitted. He was panicking and this was the first time ever he felt he’s not cool in front of girls. Wasn’t it an irony that he’s like this in front of the girl that mattered most?

“I’m sorry” he hurried to say, “don’t be afraid of me. But rather than being that guy’s girlfriend, please be mine.”

“Girlfriend? Not only a friend anymore?”

“Yes. You’ll like it, I swear. I’ll make you like the new role.”

“Is that what you want?”

“More than anything. Please? You don’t have to answer now. Just please don’t go back sitting in front of that guy.”

“Algessumnida.”

Yong Hwa stopped for a second before continuing the verbal attack.

“Algesseumnida you will be my girlfriend or algesseumnida you won’t go back in to Lee Teuk?”

“The first one. And I’m going back in to apologize.”

She left him so quickly he was still digesting her answer.

The first one was the girlfriend, thing, right? Right? Is that what she mean?

She came back ten minutes later looking rather disturbed.

“He said it was okay and that he would be eating dinner here anyway. And I’m warning you, Oppa. I have many, many negative sides that you haven’t known. Sometimes I read more than talk and I nag a lot. I still watch cartoons and I take a long time to stop feeling angry.”

“I can manage that” Yong Hwa said quickly, words stumbling after another and reaching for her hands.

She didn’t pull away.

Which was fantastic.

“Can we date while still being best friends?”

“I don’t want it any other way.”

“Ne, Oppa. So what now?”

“Hm……would you like dinner at my place? But I’m paying. Not just for this dinner but for everything after this day.”

“Okay.”

“The dinner or the paying?”

“Both” she answered, smiling shyly.

He held her hand tighter and steered her away from the restaurant.

“By the way, Hyeon?”

“Hm?”

“You look so beautiful tonight.”

She smiled wide and he grinned at her.

****************************************

Author’s Note :

Before you start attacking me, read this first : “I’ll continue”. Okay? Happy?

Now, I want to thank you so much for all the comments.

I want to give this summer feeling in this fic, Happy, in love, meant to be…….Can you feel it?

I’m almost late for work. See you!