Chapter Two

Tattoos and Photographs

   Jaehwan bolted into the bathroom at four in the morning. Again. It has been happening every day for the last week. Jaehwan would get woken up early in the morning by sudden nausea and end up vomiting. 

   The sudden absence of his boyfriend woke Wonshik. He followed Jaehwan into the bathroom to find him kneeling in front of the toilet, throwing up. Wonshik knelt next to Jaehwan to rub his back.

   “Jjyani, this has been going on for a while,” Wonshik flushed the toilet and held Jaehwan to his chest. “We should go to a doctor.”

   “I’m fine, Wonshik,” Jaehwan cuddled into his lover’s chest.

   “We should still go. Just to make sure,” Wonshik kissed the top of Jaehwan’s head. “I’m just worried about you.”

   “Okay,” Jaehwan hummed as Wonshik kissed his head again. Jaehwan shakily stood up to brush his teeth before going back to bed.

 

   A few hours later, Wonshik and Jaehwan were in the doctors office waiting for their doctor to show up. Jaehwan nervously kicked his long legs as he gripped the side of the bed, hearing the protective paper crinkle. Jaehwan was always anxious around doctors, even as a child.

   “It’s going to be okay, Jjyani,” Wonshik reassured him from the chair.

   Jaehwan nodded and took a deep breath to calm his nerves. He looked around the room. The walls were a pale off white color, with dark brown cabinets hanging above a clean countertop with a sink. There were tongue depressors and a box of rubber gloves on the counter and a stethoscope and other instruments on the wall.

   Jaehwan tensed when he heard the door open.

   “Hello, I’m Dr. Kim and I’ll be-,”

   “Seokjin?” Jaehwan’s eyes lit up when he saw his best friend.

   “Jaehwan!” Seokjin was equally excited to see his friend. “You’re my patient today?”

   The brunette nodded in response. “I’ve been feeling nauseous the last couple weeks and I’ve recently started throwing up.”

   Seokjin hummed as he wrote down the symptoms.

   “Anything else? Dizziness? Fever?”

   “No fever but I have felt a little dizziness.”

   “He’s been sleeping more,” Wonshik added. “He’s also been more clingy and moodier than normal. Is that anything?”

   Seokjin nodded before scribbling down what Wonshik said and placing his notes on the counter.

   “Jaehwan, I’m just going to give you a quick check up to see if I can find anything.” 

   Jaehwan nodded before letting Seokjin do his work. He studied his blood pressure, weight, heartbeat, and breathing. Everything was in order.

   “From what I can tell, you are perfectly healthy.”

   Jaehwan was confused. “Then why am I getting sick everyday?”

   “I’m going to ask some personal questions and I need you to answer me honestly.”

   “Okay.”

   “When was the last time you had ?”

   Both Jaehwan and Wonshik blushed. They had not expected that question so suddenly.

   “Um... Last night,” Jaehwan answered as his blush burned darker.

   “Wow, busy are we?” Seokjin laughed as his friend buried his face in his hands. “I’m just teasing. There is nothing wrong with a good life in a healthy relationship.” 

   Jaehwan couldn’t help being embarrassed anyway. He knew it was something that doctors ask about but Seokjin was also his friend and for some reason that made him uncomfortable. He was never really fond of the idea of friends sharing stories of their ual lives with each other.

   “You are a Carrier, correct?”

   Jaehwan nodded. “I had it confirmed when I was 16.”

   “Okay then,” Seokjin wrote down more notes. “I will have you do one of two tests. One is a blood test which will give you results in a few days and the other test will give you results in five minutes.”

   Jaehwan shuddered at the thought of a blood test. He never liked the thought of them and he’s been told they hurt for a few days. 

   “What’s the second option?” Wonshik asked, noticing his boyfriend’s discomfort. He was also a bit curious of what the doctor was implying.

   Seokjin went into the cabinet and pulled out a small plastic cup and a white stick. He handed both to Jaehwan, who’s eyes widened.

   “There is a small bathroom right outside this room that you can use,” Seokjin pointed to the door. “You’re boyfriend can go with you but you have to tell me the result.”

   “A pregnancy test?” Jaehwan looked up at Seokjin, who simply nodded. Jaehwan couldn’t wrap his mind around what his friend was saying. Could he be pregnant? He knew Seokjin had two kids of his own so he would know the symptoms.

   Jaehwan and Wonshik stood in the bathroom together (Jaehwan requested Wonshik step out while he peed) anxiously waiting for the test result. Wonshik sat on the floor of the bathroom with Jaehwan on his lap. He gripped Jaehwan’s hand and kissed it.

   “Jjyani, no matter what the result is, I will always love you.”

   Jaehwan was still scared. Of what exactly? He had no clue. What if it’s positive? They had talked about having kids in the future after they get married. Wonshik jokingly said he wanted “a whole village of Kim-Lee babies”. But were they stable enough for a baby right now? They had both graduated from college not that long ago. What if it’s negative? Would Wonshik be disappointed? Also, what would be wrong with Jaehwan if he wasn’t pregnant? What if-

   The timer on Wonshik’s phone went off. It was time to look at the result.

   “Jaehwan-,” 

   “I don’t want to look.”

   “Why? Are you scared?”

   Jaehwan nodded, curling up into Wonshik, tears forming in his eyes.

   “There is nothing to be scared of, princess,” Wonshik hugged Jaehwan, his princess, closer to himself. “Whatever happens, we’ll get through it together.”

   Jaehwan’s heart swelled at the nickname. Wonshik only called Jaehwan “princess” when he needed reassurance that he was beautiful and loved. The first time Wonshik used the nickname was the night they had both graduated high school. At that time, they had been dating for about two years and had decided to get intimate for the first time. Jaehwan was worried that Wonshik would be disappointed and leave him. That was aside the case. It’s been six years since that day and Wonshik calls Jaehwan “princess” during their lovemaking or when Jaehwan is going through a tough time.

   Jaehwan felt better recalling the memory, thinking about how much Wonshik loved him and how much he would love their child, if there was one.

   Jaehwan didn’t even realize he was crying (happy tears) until Wonshik kissed him on the cheek while brushing the tears away.

   “Are you ready to look at the test now?”

   Jaehwan nodded as Wonshik reached over to get the stick off the counter. Jaehwan gasped and more tears fell when he saw the result.

   Two lines.

   Pregnant.

   Jaehwan enveloped Wonshik in a hug.

   “We’re going to be parents!”

   “I know!”

   “You’re going to be a dad!”

   “I know!”

   “Holy , I’m going to be a mom!” Jaehwan placed a hand on his still flat stomach that now housed a life. “There is a tiny human growing inside of me. Right now. Holy .”

   Wonshik couldn’t help but laugh at his boyfriend’s adorable reaction. He quickly shushed him by placing a kiss on his lips.

   “Come on, we need to go tell Seokjin.”

 

   They were back at home, Jaehwan smiling at the black and white sonogram in his hands. It was confirmed that Jaehwan was eight weeks pregnant. Jaehwan caressed his small stomach slowly when he noticed a flash go off. He looked up to see Wonshik holding his phone with a big smile on his face.

   “I’m sorry,” Wonshik apologized. “You’re just so beautiful I couldn’t resist.” He took a seat on the couch next to Jaehwan, immediately wrapping an arm around his shoulders. 

   “You’re not going to say that in a few months when I’m as big as a whale and blaming you for it.”

   “Yes I will,” Wonshik kissed Jaehwan on the cheek. I will always say it. You will be even more beautiful when you start showing because I’ll see that you are keeping our baby safe and giving them a good home to grow.”

   Jaehwan blushed when Wonshik places a hand on Jaehwan’s belly and started gently it with his thumb.

   “Isn’t that right, baby? You’re mommy is going to make sure you come into the world healthy so be good to him, okay?”

   Jaehwan couldn’t help falling even more in love with Wonshik. He knew he was going to be a great father. He fell asleep with a smile on his face.

 

————————————————————————

   Hello~ Authornim here!

   Finally, a second chapter! I’m so sorry this wasn’t up sooner. I don’t have a real excuse because my dad was literally gone for almost two whole days that I could’ve spent typing but instead spent it watching K-Pop music videos at full volume. My bad.

   Also, I watched the MV making for VIXX’s “Voodoo Doll” and it low key inspired me to write a fanfic on it. Like they would all be slaves of this girl but they are all in love with other and figuring out a way to escape.

   Also also, I’ve been trying to find a job because I want to get into Lolita fashion and my dad won’t buy be any (which I understand, it’s a bit expensive) so I’m trying to make money to buy it myself.

   Until next time~