Chapter One

Tattoos and Photographs

   Wonshik sighed as Jaehwan traced his fingers over the tattoos that decorated Wonshik’s chest and arms. They have been dating since high school but Jaehwan is forever fascinated by the decorative ink.

   “Wonshik,” Jaehwan breathed, “I want a tattoo.”

   “Really?” Wonshik widened his eyes at his boyfriend’s sudden request.

   “Yeah, something pretty, like a flower.” Jaehwan yawned sleepily.

   “Okay, baby,” Wonshik answered as he snuggled the sleepy man into his arms. “We can schedule an appointment to get you a tattoo.”

   Jaehwan hummed in response as Wonshik kissed his forehead.

   “Goodnight.”

 

   The next morning, Jaehwan woke up alone in the bed. He groaned at the cold emptiness. He didn’t want to get out of bed but he wanted Wonshik.

   Jaehwan made his way out of the bedroom to find his missing boyfriend. He eventually found Wonshik in the kitchen with two bowls of cereal. Wonshik smiled when he saw the skinny brunette shuffle into the kitchen.

   “Good morning, beautiful,” Wonshik kissed Jaehwan on the forehead as Jaehwan grumbled.

   “Shut up, I’m not beautiful.”

   Wonshik shook his head as he admired the boy before him. Wonshik couldn’t even imagine a more perfect human being. Even at that moment, with a face puffy from sleep and messy brown hair that was yet to be combed, Wonshik still thought Jaehwan was the most beautiful person he has ever met. And he felt super lucky to have him.

   “You are the most beautiful person on this planet,” Wonshik said as he wrapped his arms around his groggy lover. Wonshik gave Jaehwan a tender kiss that was immediately reciprocated. Both men were smiling when they broke the kiss.

   “Hey, I made breakfast,” Wonshik stated as Jaehwan peeked into the kitchen. He giggled as he saw the slightly burned pots and pans in the sink. Wonshik was cute but the man couldn’t even boil water.

   “I need you to get dressed after breakfast, we’re going out.”

   “Where?”

   “To get you a tattoo.”

   Jaehwan gasped and his face lit up. He looked like a little kid who was just told he could pick out anything in a toy store.

   “Really?”

   Wonshik nodded as Jaehwan bounced on his feet. He couldn’t believe he was going to get his first tattoo.

 

   Jaehwan’s eyes widened as the couple entered the tattoo parlor. He had never been in one before and it was cooler than he had imagined. On the wall we’re photos of past clients and different art the artists creat. Jaehwan was amazed.

   Wonshik chuckled at his boyfriend’s adorable reaction.

   “Noona!” Wonshik called out. Suddenly, an older woman with beautiful colored tattoos appeared from behind the counter.

   “Wonshik!” The woman called back and hugged Wonshik. “How have you been?”

   “I’ve been wonderful, how about you?”

   “Just peachy. My daughter just got married to her long-term girlfriend.”

   “She did?”

   “Yes. It was so beautiful. Do you want to see some pictures?”

   “Later, Noona,” Wonshik answered. “Right now I’m here for a tattoo. Or, my boyfriend is.”

   “Is this Jaehwan?” The woman looked at said male while he nodded. “Oh, you’re so cute. Wonshik has told me so much about you.”

   “Thank you,” Jaehwan blushed.

   “Go take a seat and I’ll show you my portfolio.”

   Jaehwan took a seat on something sort of like a recliner. The woman handed him a leather binder and Jaehwan started looking through it. The woman was indeed talented. Her designs were beautiful and her clients looked happy with the results. He finally found the design he wanted. It was a light pink/cream colored flower in front of a black triangle. It was very pretty and classy.

   “I like this one,” Jaehwan pointed to the tattoo that he was eyeing.

   The woman smiled at Jaehwan as she took back her binder.

   “Where would you like it?”

   “My right shoulder, please.”

   Jaehwan was instructed to lean forward in the seat, resting his arms on a table. Wonshik was on the other side of the table, smiling at him. Jaehwan yelped when he heard the buzz of the needle. Wonshik then went over to sit next to Jaehwan and hold his hand. With the other hand, he had his phone out, recording.

   “Jaehwan, it’s going to be okay, Noona has done all of my tattoos and I trust her to do yours.”

   Jaehwan squeezed Wonshik’s hand as the needle came into contact with his skin. Wonshik squeezed back for reassurance. Jaehwan was the most precious thing in the world to Wonshik and he wouldn’t put him in the hands of anyone he didn’t 100% trust.

   Jaehwan let out occasional whimpers when the pain got a little bad, but other than that Jaehwan just sat silently with a scared expression. Wonshik decided to try and cheer him up.

   “Hey, Jjyani, did I ever tell you about my first tattoo?” Wonshik quickly glanced up at his noona to see her smiling.

   “The one on your chest?” Jaehwan asked, referring to the one that reads “YOLO You Only Live Once”.

   “No, I’ve actually had one before that. You’ve never seen it.”

   “I haven’t?” 

   “Nope. I’ve been hiding it.”

   “Why?”

   “It’s a little...embarrassing,” Wonshik explained.

   “Show me.”

   Wonshik placed his phone on the table in a way that it could still record. He then shrugged his jacket off to reveal a sweat band right above his right elbow. Jaehwan has noticed the band before but thought it was just an accessory. Wonshik pulled off the band and Jaehwan tried not to laugh at the small tattoo underneath.

   “You got a tattoo that says ‘Swag’?” Jaehwan laughed, unable to help himself.

   Wonshik blushed. “I was 16 and trying to be rebellious, okay?”

   “But ‘Swag’?”

   “I wanted to be a rapper and I thought it would be cool.”

   “Jaehwan, I have to say, you made a better choice than your boyfriend over there.” The woman laughed.

   “I. Was. 16.”

   “Which. Is. Too. Young.” The artist replied. “I didn’t get my first tattoo until I was 18.”

   Jaehwan laughed at the interaction between Wonshik and their noona. He could even feel any pain from the needle anymore, just a dull numbness and a little heat. Before he knew it, it was over.

   “I wanna see it.”

   Jaehwan was lead to a mirror were he could see the tattoo on his shoulder. It was a little shiny due to fresh ink, and the skin around it was a little red, but it was still beautiful.

   “It’s perfect,” Jaehwan gasped. “Thank you, Noona.”

   “Anytime, sweetheart.”

   After that, the woman gave instructions on how to treat the tattoo as it would be tender for about a week. Then the couple said their goodbyes and went home.

 

———————————————————————

   Hello~ Authornim here. Firstly, I apologize to the 70 readers (wow) who had to read the chapter before it was finished. This is my first time writing on AFF so I’m trying to figure it out. Second, I will put up the next chapter after the New Year. I just wanted the first chapter up before Christmas.

   Happy Holidays!!!