One

Of Fire Breaths & Blonde Hair
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Your Highness, can we come in..? The maids are already here to help you get ready for today's big event.."

 

Seungri released a low, dissatisfied grunt. Twisting under his thick duvet, he used his right hand to scratch his itchy lower back. He grew up having these people knocking at his door at the earliest hours but he still couldn't get used to waking up early.

 

However, as much as he would've preferred to stay in bed, he couldn't. Not today, at least.

It was his 18th birthday, after all.

 

It took him a moment before he was lazily kicking the duvet off his body like a petulant child who was forced to wake up to feed the farm animals on weekends. Giving his permission for the maids to come inside, Seungri stood on his two feet and did some stretching. There were a few popping sounds here and there, and his limbs were feeling more comfortable as he steadied himself on his two feet. 

 

Seungri shrugged off his sleeping robe, the smooth silk material fell into a heap on the floor. He walked stark towards the bathroom, uncaring whether the maids have entered his room and might've seen the amazing albeit extreme view. Seungri wasn't shy, he couldn't even say he was ashamed of his body.

 

Yes, he wasn't really as built as Prince Dong Youngbae or as sculpted as one of the knights who goes by the name of Kang Daesung. However, he was fit nonetheless. There are some noticeable mass of muscles on common parts of his body, and add that to his fair milky skin, Prince Seungri was desirable as he already is. Not to mention his blonde locks that grows on top of his head, the first ever to have such color of hair in the kingdom.

 

There were always magical stories connected to the royal families, how some of them possessed the special ability others don't have. It was very rare, though -- the magic abilities or features. It had been hundreds of years since there was a member of the royal family who presented at a certain age, having any magic-related skills. None had shown such tendencies anymore, and at one point people start to forget about this particular specialty of the royal family.

 

It all came to the peak again when Seungri was born. Not only did the prophecy of his future was different from others before him, the baby was born with exceptionally white hair. 

Yes, white. It wasn't blonde at first.

 

It was after the dragon-killing spree went loose, that the baby's hair turned a shade darker, and darker, until it stopped to a calm blonde. No one knew why the color changed, and if they were intrigued by it, they chose to ignore it.

 

Except the boy himself, who had heard about the original colour of his hair from his tutor.

 

A splash. Then another splash of water onto his face. Seungri wiped his wet face with his hands, before leaning his head against the tub, facing the ceiling. His body was almost numb from being in the water for God knows how long, even his fingers had wrinkled like an old man's would. He stared at his hands, grimacing at the sight.

 

Even so, he didn't really feel like getting out of the bath anytime soon. Yes, there's an event for his birthday -- parade and all -- but he lacked any enthusiasm to perform his duties as the prince who finally came of age. His daily routines wouldn't really change after this day, except maybe some additional learning about the kingdom's management or some new fighting skills.

 

As someone with restrained adventurous soul, life was quite boring for the crown prince.

 

 

 

 

 

"What do you mean I can't come in..?"

 

The guard in charge gulped. The poor man was assigned to guard the door to the chamber where the king was having a meeting with the newly arrived emissary from one of their neighbouring country. The sole order was to not let anyone in, because private matter regarding both kingdoms are being discussed.

It would be easy, if only the crown prince wasn't so insistent... and a brat.

 

"I beg your pardon, Your Highness.. B-but it is His Majesty order to not let a-anybody in."

 

Seungri rolled his eyes, not only did he had to endure the lame parade they held for his birthday, he had also been giving out speeches and thanking their people for providing the source and wealth for the kingdom. His back ached after sitting in the carriage for too long as they travelled around the kingdom, and he couldn't feel his jaw after smiling and grinning at too many people.

Now they are telling him what he couldn't do..?

 

"My father never says no to what I want, and you dare denying my status like this..?" He raised one of his delicate brows, appearing superior towards the guard. "What are you waiting for..? Open the door,"

 

With hesitancy in his actions, the guard bowed in submittance before doing as he was told to. Seungri scoffed, giving a slight glance towards the man before entering chamber. As he entered further into the room, he could see the two men sitting by the big balcony that presented the view of the icy mountains of Eindria.

 

Seungri had dreamed of climbing the mountains when he was 10, discovering new species of plants and animals, even magical creatures. He remembered how the people were gushing about a group of Pegasus constantly dropping by at the peak. He never knew if it was true though, since the prince had never set foot out of the giant gateway.

The king promised to let him do so only after he reached the age of 18.

Which he did.

 

Seungri perked up at the realisation. However, he kept his silence as he watched the two serious men.

 

His father, the king, was speaking in a serious but calm manner, giving his all attention to the noble man sitting in front of him. The prince guessed that they might be discussing about the recent attack at the border between Sylver

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter