Chapter 2

Feels Like Home

"The movie was awesome!!" Jeongin excitedly shouted as Changbin and the other members arrived back at the company's building.
"I wouldn't mind watching it again sometime," the maknae added. On the way to the dorms their youngest had immediately taken the spot next to Seungmin and now they were walking side by side, their shoulders brushing.

"We could rewatch it next week if you want to," Seungmin suggested while he bent down slightly towards Jeongin and smiled warmly at the younger.

"Really?? You're awesome, Seungmin-hyung!" Jeongin exclaimed as he pulled him into a tight hug, leaving the older one breathless and maybe a bit flustered.

Changbin couldn't help but let out a chuckle as he untied his shoelaces and put down his black sneakers next to the other eight pairs of shoes that were neatly, or well, some of them less neatly than others, rowed outside their apartment door.
Seungmin's crush on their maknae was obvious to all of the other members, well, all except Jeongin for some reason. The two youngests had gotten very close recently though, so Changbin wondered if Seungmin would gather the courage to confess soon.

 

The dorm was suspiciously quiet as the boys finally entered.
Changbin was expecting Felix to be lying on the couch by now, probably watching another one of his Dramas. He loved them because they helped him improve his Korean, that's what Felix always used to tell Changbin when he had joined him to watch an episode. But shouldn‘t he be hearing sounds from the tv by now?
He stepped into the living room and scanned the place for a trace of the younger boy but all that he found was the usual mess of clothes scattered everywhere.
Hmm...maybe Felix was sleeping?
He must have been really exhausted after having to repeat the dance routine dozens of times at the practice room that morning.

Changbin wondered why the Australian had such a hard time with the choreo this time. Yes, he was probably stressed because of their comeback, they all were, but Felix had never acted like that while they were preparing for their previous ones. On top of that, he was one of their best dancers! And what worried Changbin even more was that Felix seemed even more distant towards him lately. He used to ask Changbin for kisses while clinging onto the older boy whenever he had a free minute, but then, at one point it all stopped.

Changbin had spent hours trying to figure out the reason for Felix's sudden change of behaviour but without success. He knew that all of this was getting to him way too much but even though he would never admit it out loud, Changbin was really fond of his younger groupmate and he missed his affection.

Still confused, he let his hand run through his raven-coloured hair and scratched the back of his head. He must have looked really lost because a second later he could feel someone's hand gently resting on his back.
He didn't even need to look in order to know whose hand it was. It was obviously Chan's. He was always the first one to offer advice if one of the members was dealing with a problem.

"You okay Binnie? You seemed to be spacing out a lot today", their leader wanted to know, genuinely concerned. A corner of his mouth rose to a heartfelt smile in an attempt to encourage the rapper to speak up. Changbin knew he could trust Chan with anything since he never mocked any of the members or made fun or them for anything they did but he didn't quite want to tell him about his problem yet.

"Yeah, I'm fine, I guess sitting in that dark cinema must have made me a bit sleepy", Changbin replied after a while. He was proud of himself and his ability to come up with such a good excuse.
Instead of the relieved expression that Changbin had expected to appear on their leaders face though, Chan just lifted an eyebrow.

"Alright then, if you decide to open up about whatever is bothering you, you know where I am", Chan offered and bopped the younger's right shoulder lightly. With that their leader left his side and approached Woojin to chat with him about the movie they had just watched.

Changbin sighed defeatedly.
He wasn't able to hide anything from Chan, was he? Before anyone else could bother him he decided to follow Felix's example and headed to his room to take a nap.


Now standing in front of his door he reached over to push down the handle but, surprised, he noticed that it was already open by a few centimeters. And...was that snoring he heard? Hyunjin was still talking to Seungmin though, so it couldn‘t be him...
Carefully he pushed the door open until the gap was wide enough to be able to see inside. And Changbin couldn't suppress a chuckle as he saw a familiar figure peacefully sleeping in his bed.

 



*Felix's pov*


"...ix?....Felix? What're you doing in my bed?"
Felix slowly opened his eyes just to find Changbin's amused face a few centimeters in front of his own.

His heart dropped down to his feet.

With the speed of light he sat up and scooted away from Changbin until his back hit the bed frame behind him with a loud thump.

"OH...uhmm...I....uhmm.....I was tired and....and your bed...I mean, your room was the closest to...to the living room. So....uhm...I thought it'd be alright if I...if I used your bed..." Felix stuttered, looking like a deer caught in the headlights.

"Felix, your room is literally just next door," Changbin stated with a cheeky smile on his face.

"OH hahaha….then I must have mixed up our rooms!" Felix replied as he felt his cheeks burning up. He literally couldn‘t have come up with anything worse to say.

"Yeah, sure," Changbin giggled. Unintentionally Felix admired the way the rapper's eyes crinkled when he was laughing. In those moments he had to desperately fight the need to cup the older's face and press a soft kiss on his lips.
Ugh...his mind was going places that he didn't like.

Suddenly the crinkles around Changbin‘s eyes disappeared and his face seemed to take on a more serious expression.

"Uhm...that's kind of out of the blue right now but  since we’re finally alone for once I wanted to tell you that if there's anything you want to talk about...with me...I'm right here, you know," the rapper continued and sat down on the edge of his bed.

Felix felt his throat tighten nervously and the hold on the bed sheets crumpled in his hands got even stronger. Had Changbin noticed he had feelings towards him? Had he been too obvious?

He mustered up all of his courage and searched Changbin's face for anything that could give away what he was thinking. Felix swore he could see a small blush on the older's cheeks but it was probably just his imagination. His own face must have been red as a tomato by now though.
It took all of his self control not to get lost in the older's beautiful features again. His sharp chin... dark, shiny eyes... the shape of his mouth...

Suddenly the realization that he had been staring at Changbin for too long hit him and made him tear away his gaze from the older rapper.

"Alright, uhm, thank you hyung. I guess...I guess I'll go back to my own room now," Felix mumbled, as he felt his panic level rise.
Without waiting for a reply Felix grabbed his phone and rushed towards the door. Halfway there though, his sweaty hands lost hold of the device, causing it to fall to the floor. He watched in horror as it landed right between him and Changbin. Immediately Felix crouched down to pick it up but as soon as he reached it, something hard hit his head and made him tumble and fall backwards.

"Woah! Uh...sorry, I just wanted to pick up your- pfft- phone for you...", Changbin apologised, trying hard not to laugh at his poor groupmate, who was still struggling with putting his limbs in the right position to find his balance. Changbin himself was rubbing his forehead with a pained, yet amused expression on his face but after a couple of seconds he was able to stand up again.

Still a little wobbly on his feet, Changbin offered Felix a hand and with his help the younger finally managed to get up too.

Felix looked up and met the other rapper's eyes, what turned out to be a huge mistake because he could not get a word out of his mouth anymore. He must have looked like a fish, lips parting and closing like that.
His mind was telling him to get away as fast as possible to prevent any more embarrassing situations but something stopped him from doing so. Changbin, who was still holding his hand, wasn‘t making any attempts to put some distance between them either.

So they just stood there in the middle of the room, neither of them moving or talking, while staring at each other. By now the butterflies inside Felix‘s stomach were having a wild party.

 

That was until the door slammed open and an excited Jisung stormed into the room.
"Oh my god, Changbin, you need to listen to Jeongin's dolphin scream, it's hilarious!", he laughed before coming to a halt as he noticed what he had just walked in on. "Uhhh, did I interrupt something here?"

Felix finally awoke from his trance and violently ripped his hand away from Changbin’s incredibly soft one. Without sparing Jisung or Changbin another glance, he grabbed his phone that had still been in Changbin's other hand and made sure not to drop it again while he retreated as fast as he could.



Back in his own room Felix let himself fall onto his bed face first and hid under the blanket, dying of embarrassment.