– the adventurers

MP! Gaming Cafe。 — ( story ongoing! )

• • •                          MP! Gaming Cafe has added you to the party.

icon

HWANG HANYEON

2000. The little sister of Minjin's. She found herself getting bribed to help around the cafe and at this point has been to the cafe more than Minjin himself. Hanyeon has quite the stony exterior and is usually slow to warm up among new people. She is commonly described as a tough cookie, but is actually soft in the inside. Others in her life know that deep down there is the Hanyeon who has a watchful eye and a golden heart.

icon

zhu zhihui

1998. Sent off away from Guangzhou to Seoul to get her harsh dose of adulthood, Zhihui has learned and is still learning life's tribulations and is working on her independence. She faces everyday with a smile and although she can be a crybaby, people can always count on Zhihui to talk about their problems. She's currently majoring in music composition at Seoul National University as an international student! Hm? The swearing at the video game area?  Zhihui? What? No, that can't possibly be sweet, little Zhihui!    

icon

gong minki

2000. Minki's been a regular of the cafe's ever since an unfortunate event. Restless and itching to do something new, he eventually landed himself the spot here at MP! after finding a new love for games. This guy's overflowing with energy and imagination, so he's the up-and-coming Dungeon Master in the cafe. Give him a listen and he'll take you through misadventures and worlds to discover. Just make sure he doesn't go off on a tangent, yeah? Minki can't really focus too well– Squirrel!  

 
icon

kim eunjae

1997. Make way for Athena! Kim Eunjae is an accomplished figure in the dance community. She gets money from teaching the weekly Wednesday classes but sought out for another job for that extra financial support. She's got lots going on for her, balancing not only a job at 1Million and MP!, but also studying at Yonsei University majoring in business. Still, she remains selfless and looks out for so many. Although she claims everything is under control, there are just some things that can't be helped. But for now, she'll be that dancing queen, young and sweet.. Over seventeen? 

icon

ko jihoon

1995. Don't be fooled by Jihoon's towering height and looks. He's one of the people here who are on the passive side of the spectrum. He's come here for a full-time job to pay off that rent and not get kicked out. And perhaps because of Hwang 'Doogi' Minjin, cough. Jihoon wins hearts all around the cafe due to his diligent nature. There's just something precious about him that draws people in. Is it because he's a kid in a 24 year old's body? The way he makes people feel special with that constant eye contact when they talk?Or perhaps he draws people in due to wrapping them around with his arms and– Woah, there, buddy! Alright, mental note: Give Ko Jihoon soju in moderate amounts.

icon

ahn subin

1997. Subin came into Seoul from Busan beaming with hopes and dreams, majoring in architecture under the Seoul Institute of the Arts. Unscathed from life's unfairness, Subin's naivety works like a curse and charm, but her genuineness touches others and allows her to befriend them. Despite her sheltered upbringing, she isn't a stranger to hard work and juggles her social life, her internship, and the job here at MP! She quickly settles into the cafe as the resident bunny girl and proves her mastery as a barista! Subin's also a new and adamant challenger to claim the Smash champ title. Free for all! 

 
icon

yang yohan

2000. Lo and behold, the cafe's keeper of brain cells! With college approaching faster, Yohan's decided to take up a job to get a headstart on tuition money. He's just been elected vice-president for Apgujeong High's robotics club and landed himself in an enrichment program under Seoul National University. Although b with knowledge and still thirsting for more, no, Yohan does not exemplify the stuck-up Ravenclaw stereotype. His attentiveness to detail has given him his merit but can lead this poor boy to overthink. Humble and easygoing, Yohan is great company as long as you do the deciding! Oh, Monopoly? You've doomed us all.  

icon

lee dahn

1997. Dahn's been on the top, and has his flat on the dirt. Underneath all the lame puns and pick up lines is a boy on survival mode. Whatever free time is left on his hands he gives it all towards earning money for rent or studying. Dahn's got himself and his sister left for support, whether it's talking the night away to distract himself from his troubles or to be comforted after watching Mufasa die for the nth time. But it's alright! This bunny boy is a trooper and is unafraid of toil, armed with his wits to tug the strings as he pleases! Whether or not the situation is in his favour, Dahn must and will prevail!

icon

moon junhyuk

1998. Junhyuk's grasping at the loosening threads of what is his gaming career. Taking a break, he's decided to get a job at the cafe he's frequented. Junhyuk's a clean slate, never having had a job besides competitive gaming, but he's willing to learn and work! While he's wiped the tears off the table and decided to secure himself a more stable income, will this boy bounce back into the competition? We'll see. But for now, the focus is on busting his and making some cash to live off on! Perhaps MP! can be the gateway to many things to come in his life! And a gateway to that chocolate milkshake, mmm..  

 
 
 

• • •                                       Other players in MP! Gaming Cafe.

icon

HWANG MINJIN

1992. The YouTuber known as Doogi. Minjin is an upbeat person whose carefree attitude is often mistaken as naivety. Underneath lies a determination to grab life by the neck and to steer up to his own path himself. Though he doesn't actually work at the cafe despite being the founder, he does pop in to help and is also the one who hosts the special events occuring in the cafe.

icon

lee jikyung

1992. One of the managers running MP! Gaming Cafe (but also a childhood friend of Minjin's). Jikyung is the sister figure among the staff but leads with an iron grip. She's a pretty contrasting character during work. One moment she's pulling someone's ear for taking an extra five minutes for their break, then the other she's letting them make free drinks for themselves. People never question it when it happens. Don't want Jikyung taking her generosity back now, would they? 

icon

kang hyun

1992. Minjin's friend from Yonsei University. Hyun is the unruly one out of the managers, but he's quarantined in the kitchen so damage is minimized. All jokes aside, he tends to be the instigator of the priceless moments that happen in the cafe. He has a carefree approach in life and just wants everyone to have a good time. Now if he has to sneakily shove handfuls of garlic parmesan fries in his mouth to have a good time at the possible expense of suffering Jikyung's wrath, so be it.

 
icon

cho sion

1991. A mutual friend turned close coworker of Jikyung's. Ever since Sion graduated from Ewha she's been having a blast nurturing her social life. Jikyung got her a spot to work at the cafe as a means to have money while Sion settles some personal things to the side. This social butterfly can't be held back and may come off as obnoxious. One thing for sure, she's got your back and will tell off anybody giving you a hard time. This tigress is proud of her claws.

icon

son gaho

1995. A junior of Minjin's back in Chungdam. Although the most reserved among the managers, he has a certain charm that draws people in and adore his gentle nature. Despite the fondness he receives from others, he gets quite flustered from it and prefers to breeze by and stand by the side. He's far from boring, though. While in most cases he can be seen mending up a rowdy situation, Gaho is capable of some underhanded stuff. That UNO game that somehow spiralled out of control and turned into a yelling match? We don't know how, but Gaho is guilty of something, we swear!

icon

baek yoonju

1994. If you asked Minjin or Jikyung how Yoonju ended up in the initial team for the cafe, they'd probably space out. Through mentions of somebody's relative's friend (or something), Yoonju swooped into their lives and was offered the job. She's recently been promoted to become a manager but also tests out for new recipes. It helps that she goes to culinary school. Yoonju's notorious for her lame, dry add-ons to conversations and jokes. Don't feel bad about not laughing, that's just her own humour.

 
icon

Hong jun

1998. Hong, Jun, or Hongjun, it's fine! This guy goes by lots of names. While he's not best known to be the life of the party, Jun's forte lies in his reliability. Mature beyond his years, Jun comes to the rescue as if he'd seen trouble coming from a mile away. He's got this brotherly aura that's just really comforting. Even in the most chaotic situations, even when it's probably beyond his control, Jun will still stand his ground and try to lend a helping hand.  His genuine eagerness to help makes him a favourite among MP! employees, and he never asks for anything back. It's almost frustrating, actually. No, it's okay, Hongjun, we can handle this one– Oh, alright.. 

icon

kwon minjae

1997. Minjae has earned a spot in the cafe as a barista just a couple of months after its opening. It so happens his friend Subin gets a job here later, and soon the two are commonly found chatting at the drink station. He's the more mature and responsible of the two, almost acting like Subin's caretaker. Subin, grab something to eat! Subin, go get some sleep! She almost never gets a wink of sleep, but still, he persists. Also, if you want to steal a caffeine kick from the cafe behind Jikyung's back and you don't know how to work the station, he's your man. Just don't tell her, please.   

icon

yoon seongjun

2000. Seongjun got a spot working at MP! a couple months after its opening along with Minjae. He's not only a leader and team player in Yongnam High's soccer team, but also in the cafe as well! Seongjun is one of the cafe's game facilitators and is all about that good fun for everyone. That includes reaching out and making sure that people are comfortable. Still, there's the playful and competitive nature of the athlete in him, meaning that he does get carried away at times. Seongjun's one of the many catalysts to the cafe's shenanigan enablers. Hyun is proud, Jikyung.. Not so much.

 
icon

kim taeryung

1997. Beauty YouTuber and Instagram influencer, that's Kim Taeryung! Taeryung's been busted out of the comfort of his home and video games to finally get a job rather than solely rely on the sponsorships. He fits right in! The social butterfly makes friends left and right if he's not already greeting them, contributing greatly to the mood of the cafe. He's great at rallying spirits up in the room due to his energy and love for attention. Just make sure he doesn't drag the place's mood down with him, yeah? Smash Bros. is a pretty sensitive topic among some of these people, including Taeryung. 

icon

kim soyul

1999. Free from the chains of her overbearing parents, Soyul decided to experience life more and sought out for an additional job for a change of pace. Soyul is almost the image her parents raised her to be: a polite and mannered lady. Underneath that, however, is an aspiring manhwa artist who indulges herself with worlds of fantasy and romance. She doesn't know much about games. In fact, she shouldn't be near most of the technology in the cafe. However, she's willing to learn to keep her place in this charmingly unconventional cafe! What Soyul can do, though, is make bomb latte art.

icon

choi yeonhee

1996. Yeonhee marched into Seoul for a fresh start, away from the mess all the way back in Daegu. She'd just graduated, focusing on taking on a full time job and leaving the past behind. Moving into a shared apartment, Yeonhee found a job that tickled the fancy of her inner closet nerd. Though familiar and interested in the games, Yeonhee can be found in the office putting her skills to use and cracking down on the more business part of the cafe. Yeonhee's got her guards up while mending her fresh wounds, but that doesn't mean there isn't any space for her to care for others. But don't expect her to care when she crushes you in card games. What? What's card counting? Is that a soccer term or something?