End

All The Ways I Love You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I swear one of these days I’m going to shove my fist down Sehun’s throat.” Jongdae hisses, glaring holes into the term paper slightly crumpled in his clenched fist.

“Weird flex, but okay.” Chanyeol mumbles, not even bothering to look up from where he’s underlining sentences in an insanely thick textbook, glasses perched precariously on his nose as if it might fall off any second.

Jongdae wants to reach over so badly and fix it but instead he settles for giving Chanyeol a strange look. “Weird what?”

This time, it’s Baekhyun who pipes up. “Strange assertion, although alright.” He supplies helpfully.

“I don’t know what’s more confusing. Chanyeol’s ridiculous slang or you actually knowing words with more than two syllables.” Jongdae snorts and throws Sehun’s paper onto the desk with a defeated sigh. He’s going to have to explain to the student yet again that his dog, Baekhyun, had gotten hold of his paper and crumpled it.

 

This time, Sehun doesn’t believe him. His usually bored and stoic look switches to one of extreme scepticism, scowl deepening and sharp eyebrows lifting in judgement. “You could just say you hated my paper so much that you practically destroyed it.” He huffs, holding the sad excuse of a booklet in his hand. Clearly, Chanyeol’s idea of ironing it between a sheet hadn’t worked.

Jongdae stares, a little shocked and mildly offended. He clears his throat and resumes his posture when Sehun continues looking at him, unimpressed. “Technically, I’m not allowed to say that. But yes, your papers are some of the most… academically challenging I’ve ever read.” He stilts.

The student makes a face. “Academically challenging. That’s fresh. You do know that I practically excel at every course except for yours right?”

“It’s not my course. I’m just a TA. Professor Zhang is your lecturer.” Jongdae defends, crossing his arms over his chest like a child. It doesn’t help that Sehun is at least a head taller with broader shoulders and all. He’s pretty much nailed puberty in the .

“Right. Well I’m dropping the course so this is the last you’ll see of me.” Sehun sighs, glancing once more at the paper held scornfully between the tips of his index and thumb.

“What? It’s the middle of the semester. Are you even allowed to do that?” Jongdae queries.

Sehun shrugs. “Pretty much. Honour student benefits I guess. I take extra courses during the summer so I have the credits and this isn’t a pre-req or core course.”

“Well…” He trails off dumbly. He can’t say he’s going to miss Sehun’s presence. The few classes he’s had to teach in the professor’s absence hadn’t given him any impression of the younger other than he was perpetually moody and glum or just too good for the world. However, he and his roommates did get quite a kick off reading Sehun’s essays and papers sometimes. “Good for you.” He finishes with a smile.

And for the first time, Sehun returns it with a small quirk of his lips, cheeks lifting a little and eyes softening considerably. “Thanks.” He responds. Jongdae feels light as he watches the boy walk away but it’s promptly stomped out when Sehun flings the paper into the trash near the door.

“ing brat.” He mumbles under his breath.

 

“Okay, so hear me out.” Chanyeol calls and Baekhyun groans.

“If you’re going to read me a whole ing paragraph and debate to yourself whether you should highlight the entire thing or not then don’t bother. I have a hearing tomorrow and I need to go over my client’s case file.” Baekhyun snaps.

Jongdae sits up from where he’d been curled up under a blanket on the floor. “Is it that Jongin kid again?”

“Yes.” Baekhyun sighs. “Did you know his family and that Sehun kid’s family are friends? They take summer trips every year to lavish destinations.” He mocks. “Apparently that’s not enough to keep him from defacing state property or garnering speeding tickets. Talk about privilege.”

“Talk about this paragraph.” Chanyeol whines, waving yet another textbook in the air.

“Anyways,” Baekhyun spares Chanyeol a disgusted glance before peering over the couch to look at Jongdae. “Come up here. I could use a break.” He pats the space next to him and smiles prettily when Jongdae complains about moving but complies anyways.

“You smell nice.” Jongdae hums and snuggles into Baekhyun’s side, throwing the blanket over them. His nose trails over the older’s cheek, face burying in the crook of his neck as he settles down. Baekhyun wraps his arms around Jongdae and plants a kiss on his forehead laughing when Jongdae practically purrs.

“So I guess no one is going to help me with my paragraph?” Chanyeol cries pitifully but it falls on deaf ears.

“We should take a lavish vacation.” Jongdae mumbles, fiddling with Baekhyun’s fingers. “We deserve it more than stupid Jongin and ugly Sehun.”

“You sound like a twelve year old.” Baekhyun snorts. “But you’re not wrong. Where would you want to go?”

Jongdae is silent for a while before he shrugs. “Dunno. Anywhere, really. Maybe France or Italy.”

“That sounds nice. And expensive.” Baekhyun supplies. “But we’ve been saving. It might be possible.” Somehow, but unsurprisingly, Jongdae is already halfway onto Baekhyun’s lap, head resting between his chest and stomach, his face rubbing against the soft fabric of his worn t-shirt. And this is why Baekhyun doesn’t want a pet. He already has Jongdae; a cat baby. “Wait, isn’t that just a kitten?” He muses.

“What’s a kitten?” Jongdae looks up, hair in a disarray and eyes dazed.

“I think he was calling you a cat baby in his head again.” Chanyeol chuckles.

“A- what? You call me cat baby!? Baekhyun what the ?” Jongdae whines, pulling away from his boyfriend completely and slapping at the grabby hands Baekhyun makes.

“Well, technically, it’s kitten.” He corrects.

“I’m going to bed. You’re disgusting.” He scoffs, getting off the couch and dragging his blanket behind him. “And I am not a cat baby!” He yells before slamming the door to his room.

 

“You know, ticket prices to France aren’t that expensive if we book now.” Jongdae muses, scrolling through his laptop.

“I know. Searched them up last night.” Baekhyun responds but he sits himself on Jongdae’s lap anyways and peers at the screen. “Summer is a great time to go. There’ll be lots of tourists though.”

Jongdae scrunches up his nose. “I know but I’m only free when the kids go on vacation. And even then I’m not entirely free. Sometimes I have to teach summer courses if lecturers don’t want to.” He sighs.

“Then take your vacation just before school is out.” Baekhyun suggests.

Jongdae blinks. “Huh. I didn’t think of that. You actually make sense sometimes.” He presses a kiss to Baekhyun’s cheek.

“I’m a lawyer. We’re required to for at least fifty percent of our career.” Baekhyun waggles his brows.

“My valiant, honest man.” Jongdae mocks, grinning adorably.

 

“Well if it isn’t Satan’s little helper.” Jongin drawls, rocked back on the chair of a dainty little coffee shop tucked away against the backdrop of teeming Seoul life. He looks completely out of place- leather jacket, messy silver hair, dark rimmed eyes and piercings glinting along his ears.

“I think you mean Santa. And sit properly.” Baekhyun kicks Jongin’s legs down and the chair falls forward with a little thud, righting his position.

“I know what I said.” Jongin returns. “Anyways, why did you call me out? I was busy.”

“Peeing on public buildings or driving under the influence?” Baekhyun quips. “Look, I’m taking a vacation during summer. That means if you get into any more trouble around that time, your case will be transferred to someone else and I don’t know if anyone is as good or as tolerable as I am so behave yourself or you might actually end up in jail. You know what they do to pretty boys like you.” Baekhyun smirks as Jongin blanches.

“You can’t do that! That’s not fair. You’re my lawyer!” Jongin staunchly defends, voice raising a few octaves.

“Actually, I can and I will. It’s lawful.” Baekhyun teases, eyes glimmering as he feeds off Jongin’s exasperation. “So that’s it. Behave or your is owned in jail.”

Jongin pouts, shoulders sagging as he sinks low into his seat. “But I like you.” Its times like this that Baekhyun remembers he’s defending a twenty-two year old baby and not a snobby heir that Jongin pretends he is.

Baekhyun softens a little and sighs. “And I… don’t entirely hate your existence.” He responds with a fond smile of his own. “Be good okay? And I promise I’ll bring you back something nice if you stay clear of trouble.”

 

“Maybe you should stay with Yura when we’re gone.” Jongdae suggests, nudging Chanyeol’s side. It’s not that he’s worried but it’s exactly that. Chanyeol can be extremely capable when needed but when it comes to taking care of himself, he’s the worst.

“You don’t have faith in me.” Chanyeol pouts. God, not the pout. Now Jongdae has to hug him. He goes over to the bed and sits next to his friend, wrapping his arms around him.

“Honestly, I don’t but I don’t mean it in an insulting way. I care about you and I will miss your existence dearly if you kill yourself while trying to run away from a spider or something. So please, for the sake of Baek’s and my peace of mind, just go stay with your sister.”

“Fine.” Chanyeol sighs, gangly arms wrapping around Jongdae. He feels tiny, even tinier than he does with Sehun standing next to him but it’s a nice kind. Chanyeol is soft and nice and mostly smells good plus he’s okay with Jongdae sniffing and nuzzling him.

“Um, am I interrupting?” Baekhyun clears his throat as he bounds into the room.

“Nah, Dae was just marking his territory.” Chanyeol chuckles, patting Jongdae’s head as he untangles himself. “Anyways, I’m gonna call noona and tell her I’ll be crashing at her place until you guys get back.” Baekhyun lets out a relieved sigh and Jongdae frowns.

“I thought we were done with the cat references.” He groans.

“Careful, his hackles are raised. He might claw at your ankle.” Baekhyun tells Chanyeol, trying to stifle a laugh.

“ it. Go on vacation with someone else. I’m staying home and watching Chanyeol kill himself.”

“Noooo.” The two whine, rushing after Jongdae as he storms out the room.

 

“France isn’t as romantic as they say it is.” Jongdae states. He’s half consumed by a sandwich, dressing coating his fingers and meat falling out of the bun. It should be disgusting the way ingredients are plastered to the kitty curls of his lips and stuck between his teeth but Baekhyun simply reaches over and dabs it off for him because nothing beats Jongdae’s blinding smile in gratitude.

“It’s still amazing though. I mean, sure, the Eiffel Tower is a little overrated. But The Louvre, babe. And the architecture. I didn’t want to leave the Notre Dame.” Baekhyun gushes, starry eyed. Jongdae puts down his sandwich and wipes his fingers.

“Nor Versailles.” Jongdae smiles, immersing himself in the feeling of yesterday, walking across the courtyard under the evening sun, feeling the cool breeze between their linked fingers as they admired the majestic building.

“I can’t wait to head to the countryside. Everything is so much more ancient. Imagine the secrets that are hidden between the walls of the cities.” He sighs happily.

“Imagine the secrets we can hide between the sheets of our hotel room.” Baekhyun waggles his eyebrows.

Jong

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter