Dance Partner

Dance Partner
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chaewon was watching through the small window of the door into the dance room where Hyunjin was practicing his choreography for the dance final. She was so entranced by his dance skills that she didn't noticed the person creeping up beside her.

"So when are you going to tell him about your little crush, Chaewon?" Minho asked causing Chaewon to jerked away from her step-brother's sudden appearance.

"Sheesh, Minho. Don't do that." Chaewon calmed down her beating heart with one hand while using the other hand to smack the laughing boy. "I dislike when you do that. You're such a brat."

Minho didn't flinch from her attack as he brushed her off along with her words while his eyes peered through the rectangular window at his friend before glancing at his step-sister. "You do know that Hyunjin likes you, too, right?"

Chaewon rolled her eyes. "Yeah, right. He and I barely interact nor do we have the same dance class. There's no way he would like someone like me."

"You do know that you're just as good of a dancer as the others, right?"

"Don't praise me. I know I ." Chaewon laughed before casting her eyes at Minho. "Thanks though."

"There's a reason on why I'm the big brother. So it's my job."

"By like three weeks. We're basically the same age."

"Yeah, but I'm older one by three weeks, Chaewon."

"You're so dumb, Minho."

Chaewon elbowed him as Minho shied away from her attack with a laugh before glancing at Hyunjin again while a mischievous thought popped into his head.

"Hey, I just had a great idea."

"No it's not." Chaewon disagreed even though she didn't know what it was.

"I haven't even told you yet."

"Your ideas are never that great unless it's dance related."

"Okay, true. I was going to tell you, but now I won't."

"Don't care."

"Okay, good. Just watch it all unfold then."

Before Chaewon could even process what Minho meant or even access the situation her eyes widened when Minho suddenly opened the door to the dance room and entered inside to talk to Hyunjin. She was about to follow after her step-brother when rationally kicked in and she instead shut the door quietly and leaned against it. Chaewon wondered what he was up to as Hyunjin momentarily stopped in mid-routine when Minho called out his name.

She watched as Minho happily spoke with Hyunjin as her mind raced with all types of scenarios that could have occurred between the two. What she didn't expect was to see Hyunjin looked over in her direction a moment later and she freaked out once they made eye-contact. Chaewon shuffled out of the way as her heart raced upon the slight interaction before running off a second later to calm down her nerves and probably escaped any situation that Minho might have set up.

Chaewon found herself at the school's cafeteria where it was still crowded and let out a breath of relief upon seeing the horde of bodies in the building.

"I should be good in here where they wouldn't spot me so easily." Chaewon smiled to herself as she browsed around in what she wanted to eat.

While scanning the menu items she heard her name being called from behind her. Chaewon froze in her spot and felt dread creep up on her that Minho and probably Hyunjin had noticed her. So when Jeongin popped up beside her instead she let out another breath of relief.

"Ah, it's just you." Chaewon muttered to herself while letting her breathing return to normal.

"Are you okay?" Jeongin asked noticing how relaxed she looked after releasing a breath. "Seems like you were tensed there for a moment."

"I just thought you were someone else that I didn't want to see right now, Jeongin." Chaewon admitted with a sheepish laugh. "So what's up? I thought you were still holed up about that whole nursery school thing?"

"Oh that. It went smoothly once Mr. Ahn realized that I had too much hours at the nursery and so gave it to me as extra, extra credit."

"Wow. So that boosted up your grade. Lucky."

"Hey, you could have to, but you decided to do that clerical work at the dentist office."

"Which is honestly super easy, but seriously hella boring."

"I see. So what are you getting to eat?" Jeongin asked changing the topic. "You think you can spot me today?"

"I spot you like everyday. Where does your money go?"

"I've been into clothes shopping lately and buying stuff online."

"Wow, figures. You gotta stop hanging out with Changbin and Jisung." Chaewon stated with a roll of her eyes, but nodded in the end with a pointed look at her friend. "Fine, but if you turn into a super shopaholic, please do not bug me to feed you."

"You're the best, Chaewon! Thank you!" Jeongin thanked her as he gave her a hug and she just patted his back with a nod. "Yeah, yeah. Of course I am."

Just then Chaewon felt someone grab onto her arm and pressed themselves against her. She jerked away from the person believing it to be Minho until she saw that it was her friend, Jyongri, looking around cautiously instead. She glanced at Jeongin who just shrugged his shoulders.

"What's up?" Chaewon finally asked the other female who glanced at her before glancing around again. "Um, I'm just hiding."

"From who?" Jeongin asked as Jyongri smiled nervously. "Well, I may have stolen Chan's sausages and cheese sticks and given them to Felix to eat."

Chaewon raised an amused eyebrow. "Why would you do that?"

"Something about a free penguin plushie may have been a reward if I did so." Jyongri chuckled while holding up a large plush doll of a blue penguin.

"How did we not noticed that?" Jeongin asked while petting the soft stuffed animal. "Whaa, he's super soft."

Jyongri agreed with a smile as she petted the plush doll, too. "I know right. He's the softest stuffed animal I have ever held."

"So why are you hiding behind me then?" Chaewon asked a second later ignoring the plush doll.

"Um, well, Chan found out it was me and now he's looking for me."

"How did he find out it was you?" Jeongin asked while still petting the stuffed doll.

"Seungmin let it slipped when he was showing us his photography portfolio and explaining the stories behind each one." Jyongri explained before sighing. "Chan just had to come at that time to hear that one story and now I'm busted."

"When did you steal his food for Felix?" Jeongin asked another question.

"This whole school year." She laughed as Chaewon shook her head. "So it was you this whole time?"

"Basically, but hey, it was worth it for this cutie." Jyongri grinned while hugging the penguin plush close to her.

"Well, good luck to you, Jyongri." Chaewon wished as she pat her friend's hand. "You're definitely going to need it."

"Why?" Jyongri asked with a puzzled look before glancing over her shoulder when Chaewon pointed behind her. "He just spotted you."

"Ah, . I knew the cafeteria would be the first place I'd run to in my panicked state. Anyways, I'll see y'all at Jeongin's house for our English project. Later!" Jyongri bid them goodbye before dashing off although she picked up pace when

Please log in to read the full chapter