Just Maybe

Panic At The Neighbors House

“You don’t have a tree or anything?”

 

“No?”

 

“Why not?”

 

Sanghyuk looked over at Taekwoon who was perched on his couch and looking around Sanghyuk’s relatively bland living room. A vast difference to Halloween in which Sanghyuk had decorated his house in order to fit into the theme of that particular holiday.

 

Also because Sanghyuk wanted to show the demons and others in the town that weren’t human that a witch was in town.

 

Now, Halloween was something Sanghyuk could get behind because it was a way to let the spirits pass on peacefully. Until next year though.

 

Christmas was never something Sanghyuk got. Then again, he grew up without a family and never had the desire to celebrate Christmas even with his friends.

 

“I’ve never celebrated Christmas.” Sanghyuk shrugged, turning back to the container full of his Polaroid pictures – blame Hongbin for getting him hooked on Polaroid cameras.

 

“You haven’t?” Taekwoon sounded sad about that fact even though Sanghyuk didn’t really understand as to why he did.

 

“Nope.” Sanghyuk picked up a picture of Jaehwan as he performed on stage a few years back. “Never had a reason too. Grew up without a family and by the time I met my friends I was almost eighteen anyway.”

 

“That sounds depressing.”

 

“Maybe to you, but since I’ve never celebrated Christmas, I’ve never really felt like I’ve missed out on things.” Sanghyuk stated as he turned around to properly face Taekwoon who was now watching him as well.

 

It was a lie though. Growing up he did desire to experience Christmas like everyone else but didn’t understand why it was only about family and not about friendships – well that is what he got from it. Mainly because friends rarely gave each other anything for Christmas and you only hung out with family.

 

Taekwoon tucked his legs up onto the couch. “Don’t you want to get a taste of what it is like?”

 

Sanghyuk had spent twenty-five years of his life without knowing what Christmas is properly like, and usually he’d deny it. Except – anyone who knew him knew that he was a weak person when it came to Taekwoon.

 

Which is properly why he is now getting dragged around the mall by Taekwoon looking for Christmas decorations.

 

“Don’t you have your own Christmas decorations?” Sanghyuk asked Taekwoon as he gazed around at the bright colours that made Sanghyuk want to almost throw up.

 

How could any sane person enjoy these things?

 

Taekwoon must not be a sane person though.

 

He was still hanging around with a witch after all.

 

“Yes, but my decorations are minimal at best. I live in an apartment not a full out house like you.” Taekwoon stated simply. “But, first, we need to get a tree.”

 

“I can just make one…” Sanghyuk started but Taekwoon cut him off before he could continue that sentence.

 

“Nuh-uh. No magic is allowed at Christmas.”

 

“So I have to do things like a normal human?”

 

“Yep.”

 

“Oh joy.” Sanghyuk muttered but still allowed Taekwoon to drag him towards the sections where the trees were being sold. Why they needed an entire shop to sell fake trees for one day would never make sense to Sanghyuk.

 

“Be quiet, you’ll love it.” Taekwoon huffed and looked at Sanghyuk who was pointedly looking away from him. “You really don’t wanna be here, do you?”

 

“What gave it away?” Sanghyuk raised an eyebrow.

 

Taekwoon paused in his steps and tugged Sanghyuk back to him. “Why don’t you go and find some decorations in a nearby store. I can pick a tree out for you.”

 

Sanghyuk blinked, confused as to why Taekwoon thought this was a good idea.

 

“Look.” Taekwoon smiled in reassurance. “I’ll pick out one that isn’t too over the top, and there are plenty of decorations that you can chose that don’t make you want to throw up.”

 

“Was it that obvious?”

 

“A bit, yeah.”

 

Sanghyuk sighed. “Okay, fine. I’ll be in any of these store. I don’t know which one yet.”

 

Taekwoon grinned, hugging Sanghyuk. “Don’t worry, you’ll love it.”

 

Sanghyuk felt his heart flip in his chest and couldn’t even deny that he was unaffected by Taekwoon’s happiness that was infectious to him. He wandered into a store to look around at what the store had to offer for Christmas.

 

He was about to give up when he phone rang, startling him as he hadn’t heard that specific ringtone for a while.

 

“Heyo, Hyuk!” Jaehwan’s voice rang loud and clear through the phone.

 

“Jaehwan. It’s been a while.” Sanghyuk spoke softly as he looked at the different types of lights. Why were there so many different types of lights for Christmas?

 

“So…You know how you have moved into a new town, right?” Jaehwan spoke all too innocently.

 

If Sanghyuk was looking at Jaehwan he was certain that he would be batting his eyes to make it seem sweet and not at all wanting to exploit Sanghyuk.

 

He wouldn’t actually. Sanghyuk has helped Jaehwan too much for Jaehwan to exploit Sanghyuk’s care for him.

 

“Yeah…”

 

“So, Wonshik, Hongbin and myself are gonna be in the area for Christmas…Can we stay over?” Jaehwan asked, deciding that it would be best to just get straight to the point with Sanghyuk – if he took too long Sanghyuk would just hang up and avoid talking to him for a while.

 

“Yeah…I am having my two new friends, Hakyeon and Taekwoon coming over since they both live in apartments.” Sanghyuk said, picking up a bag of tinsel. “I have to actually decorate for Christmas, can you believe it.”

 

“Just because you don’t get the appeal of Christmas. This is Karma for all those times you have claimed that you hated Christmas.”

 

Sanghyuk suspected that is was. “I guess it is since Taekwoon is really cute.”

 

He paused, cheeks flushing a deep red when he processed what he just said. Especially to Jaehwan, since he knew that Hongbin and Wonshik were most likely overhearing their conversation.

 

“Ooo~” Jaehwan sounded so ing smug. “Does our baby Hyuk have a crush?”

 

“I am not that much younger than you, only a few months younger than you.” Sanghyuk hissed. “I am not your baby.”

 

“I helped you with your magic, did I not?”

 

“You watched as Hongbin almost drowned and made me use my magic which I barely knew how to use to save him.” Sanghyuk hissed quietly, making sure no-one was around to hear his words.

 

“It helped didn’t it?” Jaehwan sounded as though it was a normal thing to do. Making your new friend use magic to save your other friend who couldn’t get out of the situation.

 

Sanghyuk grumbled and rolled his eyes. “Anyway, if you want to buy gifts for Taekwoon and Hakyeon I will inform you of what they like.”

 

“Do they like ugly Christmas Sweaters?”

 

“Hakyeon does…I guess, Taekwoon doesn’t really.”

 

“So, we can get them ugly sweaters and mugs with quotes, right?” Jaehwan sounded really happy and excited about that.

 

Only Jaehwan could be excited about giving people ugly sweaters and mugs with stupid sayings on them and consider them perfect presents for people he has never met.

 

“If you really want to.” Sanghyuk knew Jaehwan couldn’t see his shrug but knew that Jaehwan would get the hint.

 

“Perfect! Hongbin, Wonshik and I are going to be doing some shopping now so if we find any, we’ll ask you which one they would like best.” Jaehwan said. “So, I’ll talk to you later, see ya, Hyuk!”

 

“See ya, Jaehwan.” Sanghyuk hung up and looked at the decorations he found himself in front of.

 

Great.

 

There were seriously way too many decorations and Sanghyuk didn’t even have an idea of where they should start.

 

“Sanghyuk!” He turned to see Taekwoon stumbling towards him, carrying a box with the description of a medium sized Christmas tree.

 

Sanghyuk stepped forward and grabbed the box, noting the weight of it. “Seriously? Why this heavy one?”

 

Taekwoon shrugged. “I knew you’d be able to carry it.” His eyes were bright with mischief that Sanghyuk had quickly learnt that Taekwoon rarely acted upon but instead focused on it in subtle ways.

 

Such as right now.

 

“Did you find any decorations?’ Taekwoon asked instead.

 

“Everything makes me feel sick.”

 

“So, I’m taking that as a no.”

 

Taekwoon dragged Sanghyuk through the store and grabbed a bunch of decorations, many of which Sanghyuk wanted to throw up at. Why did Taekwoon decide that all these decorations would be suitable?

 

About an hour later, they were both back at Sanghyuk’s place.

 

Sanghyuk had just finished putting the tree up when Taekwoon was unpacking his box of decorations.

 

Starlight stared at the tree with a look of confusion. “Why are we celebrating Christmas?”

 

“Because Taekwoon and Hakyeon want to throw it at my place.’ Sanghyuk replied to his familiar who now looked bored and unimpressed.

 

“So, you are admitting to being a weak person when it comes to Taekwoon? Good. It’s about time.” Starlight trilled and barked a laugh at Sanghyuk’s annoyed look.

 

“Hey, Hongbin, Wonshik and Jaehwan are coming over on that day to so you won’t be the only familiar.” Sanghyuk grumbled. “Not sure how I’ll be able to deal with four familiars in one house though.”

 

Taekwoon looked up, confusion settling upon his features. Sanghyuk cursed to himself when Taekwoon looked just a cute as normal.

 

“Uh…I forgot to tell you.” Sanghyuk laughed uneasily.

 

“Mind explaining?”

 

Starlight snickered. “Ooo, you are in trouble, master ~”

 

Sanghyuk sat down opposite Taekwoon on the ground. “Jaehwan, Wonshik and Hongbin are three of my closest friends. I have a best friend – Sungjae – but he lives in another country right now for work. Jaehwan is a witch like myself, and in fact helped me with my magic when I first started out. Hongbin is an electric mage and it shows in his personality. Wonshik is more of a whisperer, being able to understand almost every language and spoken dialect by anything – even if he can’t perfectly imitate it.”

 

“So…About the familiars…” Taekwoon asked. “If only Jaehwan is a witch then there should only be two familiars, right?”

 

“Jaehwan is a stronger witch in that department.” Sanghyuk admitted. “He is only a few months older than myself, but practised magic since he could walk and talk – he is one of the few witches that was raised by witches since his birth.”

 

“So?”

 

“Jaehwan is capable of making familiars for Wonshik and Hongbin even if they aren’t perfect.” Sanghyuk hummed. “Perhaps he’d only keep his own familiar just to play it safe.”

 

“What is his familiar?”

 

“A snake, last time I checked. They can change but usually remain as one animal for extended periods of time.”

 

Taekwoon nodded and wrapped his arms around his knees. “Will you tell them that Hakyeon doesn’t know about magic?”

 

“I won’t tell them that you know if you don’t want to be interrogated.” Sanghyuk suddenly blushed, rubbing his neck. “It’s…It’s a personal thing to show someone who doesn’t know magic your own magic. So me showing you my magic can be akin to…”

 

“Asking you to be his boyfriend.” Starlight spoke, flicking his tail as he came over to lay on top of Sanghyuk’s lap.

 

Taekwoon squeaked. “What?”

 

Sanghyuk shot his wolf a look but Starlight merely rolled his eyes and settled down to rest. A sign of telling Sanghyuk that he wasn’t going to be moving any time soon and he better get used to it.

 

Sanghyuk looked away and cleared his throat. “How about we figure out the decorations, huh? That is a safe conversation.”

 

~~~~~~~~~~

 

Ring.

 

Ring.

 

Ring.

 

Sanghyuk rolled over in bed and cracked open an eye to look at the clock on his table to reveal the time. The ungodly hour that someone decided to stop by at.

 

Five am.

 

“Jesus, .” Sanghyuk groaned, pushing himself up and out of bed.

 

Starlight was wide awake with ears pulled forward, and eyes narrowed at the door before leaping off the bed and taking off down the stairs to the front door. He wasn’t barking yet, mainly because a burglar wouldn’t ring the doorbell. They would just break the window.

 

Then they would be met with a very angry wolf that can tear them apart.

 

Sanghyuk rubbed his eyes and he opened the door to reveal someone who he did not know all that well.

 

It was Amelia, one of the care takers of the children in town. She worked alongside Taekwoon and that was how he even knew about her in the first place.

 

“Sorry for waking you at this hour, Sanghyuk.” Amelia apologised. “But…You are the only person I know that has a dog and knows the person I’m trying to find.”

 

“Who?” Sanghyuk asked, fear spiking up inside of him. It would have to be a child, Amelia wouldn’t be looking so distressed if it wasn’t.

 

“Rowoon.”

 

~~~~~~~~~~

 

Sanghyuk knew Rowoon.

 

The kid was incredibly bright and intelligent for his age. Even if he was only seven, Rowoon knew that Starlight was a wolf and not even a normal wolf – recognising the intelligence in his eyes far faster than anyone else.

 

He also knew Rowoon was an orphan, and that was probably the main reason for Sanghyuk’s attention towards the kid. His life bares striking similarities to his own after all.

 

“Rowoon! Where are you, kid!” Sanghyuk cried, knowing he was sounding more and more desperate.

 

Starlight growled and bounded forward, pushing through the undergrowth, leading Sanghyuk along a trail that he identified as Rowoon’s and someone else’s.

 

“Sanghyuk!” He heard the tell-tale sound of Rowoon’s cries and let his hands glow, surrounding his fingers with fire.

 

Before he could react, they heard a loud crackle of electricity.

 

Hongbin.

 

Sanghyuk broke through the foliage to see Hongbin, Jaehwan and Wonshik standing beside a man and Rowoon curled into a ball a fair distance away.

 

“Rowoon!” Sanghyuk cried, ignoring his friends in favour of the child who looked like he was on the verge of a heart attack.

 

Rowoon whimpered before looking up to see Sanghyuk run over to him. The flames dying off from around his hands, and when they were fully extinguished, Rowoon launched himself into Sanghyuk’s waiting arms.

 

Sanghyuk clutched Rowoon close to his chest while Starlight circled them, checking Rowoon over. When he was finally certain Rowoon was fine, he made his way towards the other males.

 

Sanghyuk scoped the child up into his arms and turned his head to face his friends. “Guys…”

 

“You know this kid?” Wonshik asked as they approached them cautiously.

 

“Can…Can we please go back to my place and I’ll explain.”

 

“What are we going to do about this guy?” Hongbin asked, sending a kick into the kidnappers gut, resulting in a loud grunt.

 

“Bring him to the police.” Sanghyuk stated. “They’ll know what to do with him.”

 

~~~~~~~~~~

 

Sanghyuk sat on the edge of the bed, fingers brushing through Rowoon’s hair.

 

Starlight had bounded to Taekwoon’s place when Sanghyuk returned home, despite the confusion from Hongbin and Wonshik who didn’t join Jaehwan in taking the kidnapper to the police. Taekwoon had come over, glanced at Hongbin and Taekwoon but pointedly ignored them to help Rowoon – who was bleeding from a wound that none of them noticed.

 

Taekwoon’s gaze was filled with a flutter of worry as he flickered between all of them who were in the room.

 

Sanghyuk bit his lip, not wanting to have this discussion – especially since the clock registered it was nearly seven am.

 

“Was he hit with any electricity?” Taekwoon asked.

 

“No.”

 

“Then I doubt you need to be watching over him so closely.” Taekwoon spoke, voice soft ignoring the startled noises that emitted from Sanghyuk’s friends from behind him. “He just needs to sleep.”

 

Sanghyuk sighed and nodded. “Yeah, yeah, you’re right.”

 

“Wait…What?!” Jaehwan squawked.

 

Starlight looked up at Taekwoon, curious. “I didn’t know you took a doctor class.”

 

“I didn’t.” Taekwoon shook his head. “It’s a requirement if you work with kids.”

 

“WHAT?!” Hongbin, Wonshik and Jaehwan yelped.

 

Sanghyuk shook his head and stood up to usher his friends out of the room. “You can ask Starlight to show you to the rooms you’ll be staying in.”

 

Taekwoon smiled weakly. “I guess I shouldn’t have said anything…”

 

Sanghyuk laughed uneasily. “Kind of, but what’s done is done.”

 

Two hours later, Sanghyuk and Taekwoon were in the kitchen cooking breakfast – a range of different types of food.

 

“See, your house looks so much nicer with decorations lining the walls.” Taekwoon teased, nudging Sanghyuk with his hip.

 

“Argh, you were the one who put up all my Polaroids on the wall.” Sanghyuk grumbled but even he couldn’t help the smile on his face.

 

“You act as though you don’t love the extra flair and appearance in your home.”

 

“I could but then I’d be lying.”

 

“See?” Taekwoon laughed when Sanghyuk flicked some water at him. “Hey!”

 

Sanghyuk leaned towards Taekwoon with a smirk upon his face. “Is there a problem, sweetheart?”

 

Taekwoon squeaked as he backed up against the counter when Sanghyuk took a few steps towards him. The latter had an almost seductive smirk upon his face as a hand rested beside Taekwoon, fingers flexing slightly. Taekwoon looked up slightly to meet Sanghyuk’s gaze and felt his entire body shake.

 

“Are we interrupting something?” Both snapped their heads around to see Jaehwan, Wonshik and Hongbin in the doorway, looking at them with intrigued and smug expressions.

 

“Yes, but you wouldn’t care anyway.” Sanghyuk grumbled, backing away from Taekwoon and huffing. “Anyway, breakfast is ready. We were going to go and get you.”

 

“Were you or were you just going to make out with your boyfriend?” Hongbin asked, eyes sparkling with mischief.

 

“Well, I never said when we’ll get you.”

 

Starlight hissed. “You have a child in the house, Master. Keep it PG.” The wolf tugged on Sanghyuk and Taekwoon pants and dragged them upstairs. “Speaking of said child, Rowoon is asking for you.”

 

Sanghyuk spent the entirety of the day with Rowoon, keeping him calm and making sure that he was comfortable. So much so that even Taekwoon stayed with him, mainly because Rowoon knew him well and trusted him. Except, Hakyeon crashed the house, demanding to meet his best friend but instead met Sanghyuk’s friends and was instantly hooked on Hongbin.

 

Hongbin was not as interested in him as he was.

 

Sanghyuk and Taekwoon found it hilarious as Hakyeon spoke wildly to Hongbin but instead got into a debate with Jaehwan which lost everyone in the house. Rowoon clutched onto Sanghyuk’s leg, looking at everyone else as though he didn’t know what to make of them.

 

He really didn’t.

 

Hakyeon had screeched when he realised that Rowoon would be staying with Sanghyuk for a while. Claiming that they needed to get gifts for Rowoon.

 

Rowoon shied away from Hakyeon but Sanghyuk reassured him that Hakyeon was fine – if not a little crazy.

 

~~~~~~~~~~

 

“Sanghyuk?”

 

Sanghyuk grumbled, eyes blinking open when he felt a hand shake his shoulder. “Hm?”

 

“Sanghyuk…Dad…”

 

He rolled over to stare at Rowoon who looked shy and curled in on himself.

 

Did he just hear that correctly?

 

“Kid? What is it?” Sanghyuk sat up and rubbed his eyes to bring him to full alertness. He must’ve misheard it, surely.

 

“It’s Christmas.” Rowoon looked torn between jumping up and down with excitement and worried for waking Sanghyuk up.

 

Sanghyuk pushed himself out of bed and pulled Rowoon to him side. “Is it now? Well, then we should make breakfast, huh?”

 

“What about presents?”

 

“When Taekwoon and Hakyeon are over, kiddo.”

 

“That’s hours away!” Rowoon whined but quickly shut his mouth, looking down and Sanghyuk could feel the guilt and worry seeping off of him.

 

Sanghyuk quickly scooped Rowoon into his arms, despite the screech that resulted in it. Rowoon tried to squirm in an attempt to escape Sanghyuk’s arms.

 

“Sanghyuk!” Rowoon squealed out a laugh when Sanghyuk turned around to tickle Rowoon who could only giggle in response.

 

“I’m not going to put you down, you are stuck with me.” Sanghyuk snickered as Rowoon gave up and flopped in his arms.

 

“Good morning!” Jaehwan cried as Sanghyuk entered the kitchen to reveal that he was with Hakyeon and Taekwoon. “Taekwoon and Hakyeon came over early today to make breakfast for all of us.”

 

Rowoon looked at Sanghyuk. “Can we open the presents now then?”

 

“After breakfast.” Sanghyuk responded then smiled at them. “I’ll be in the living room with Rowoon, ensuring he doesn’t open all the presents himself.

 

“Aww…” Rowoon huffed.

 

Breakfast, surprisingly, was an uneventful endeavour. Considering just how eccentric everyone was by themselves.

 

Rowoon eventually opened up to the others and spoke to them about his life while keeping his sentences short. That is until Taekwoon and Sanghyuk lightly urged him to speak about things that he absolutely loves.

 

After a short argument about who was cleaning the dishes, they all sat around in a circle in the living room. The presents all in a pile in front of them while Starlight sat with Sanghyuk, lightly flopped across his lap.

 

Hakyeon grinned. “So, who’s presents should we open first?”

 

Hakyeon had received a mug that said, “I don’t always dance, oh wait, yes I do,” a Christmas Sweater that involved Reindeer, a book series he had been eyeing and protection key charm. Hakyeon had hugged Sanghyuk on that latter item, gushing about how cute and sweet Sanghyuk was – despite the protests the latter tried to state.

 

Taekwoon gained a mug that said, “Don’t talk to me until I’ve had my morning coffee,”, a Christmas sweater that was covered in cats, a mood necklace, a journal and a bandana that had a galaxy design that changed every so often. He had blushed when Sanghyuk had wrapped the bandana around his neck and nuzzled his cheek. Rowoon complained about their affection, claiming that it was ‘disgusting’.

 

Jaehwan’s presents were a little harder to decide, but a sweater with Santas and a few CDs that he had wanted for a while. Except, Hakyeon had gotten him a mug that said, “Yes I’m crazy. Problem?”. Jaehwan loved it so much that he promptly used it with soda – not alcohol because Sanghyuk refused to have any in the house with Rowoon around.

 

Wonshik had been given tickets to an underground rap arena, which had caused him to draw Sanghyuk, Jaehwan and Hongbin into a tight hug. He’d also been given some information on a few different dogs that he might want to adopt, along with a collar that contained some charms that Hongbin had created himself.

 

Hongbin didn’t want much, but an elf hat and a new camera had impressed him a lot – even if he refused to wear the hat until Rowoon begged him to. There was also a book on the best locations for photography that Hakyeon and Taekwoon had found one day while out of town.

 

Sanghyuk got the Christmas scarf that Hakyeon had made for him, a book series and a few spell books that he didn’t have at the time. He had also received several more film for his Polaroid camera and a mood necklace as well (Hongbin thought he was so hilarious by giving Sanghyuk and Taekwoon matching gifts).

 

Rowoon…Now he was the odd one. He received two sweaters, a scarf, a flower crown and some sketchbooks and pencils and markers from Jaehwan. His new bracelet that Taekwoon gave him gained a few charms on it from Sanghyuk. They also gave him some new clothes in general.

 

Sanghyuk shook his head. “You are so spoiled, Rowoon.”

 

“You spoil me.” Rowoon chuckled after he had gotten changed into his new clothes, before cuddling up to Sanghyuk’s side with a cheeky grin.

 

“Maybe so…” Sanghyuk chuckled lightly as he ran his fingers through Rowoon’s hair as he settled into him, eyes drifting shut as he breathed in Sanghyuk’s calming scent.

 

Taekwoon chuckled and rested against Sanghyuk’s shoulder and Starlight stretched across both of their laps, head tucking into Rowoon’s stomach. “You are gonna spoil him, aren’t you?”

 

“Maybe…” Sanghyuk muttered.

 

Hongbin had returned to the room, holding Sanghyuk’s Polaroid with a grin across his face. “Hey guys, we should take a picture.”

 

Hakyeon grinned widely. “Yes, we have to.”

 

“Wait…what?” Sanghyuk snapped his head up out of confusion just as Hongbin told them to look at the camera before taking the photo.

 

Hongbin bounded back to Sanghyuk and handed him the film. “Tell us when it’s ready to view, okay?”

 

“Pfft.” Sanghyuk rolled his eyes as he put the film into his jacket pocket so it could finish without any issues. “Whatever.”

 

Taekwoon chuckled and Sanghyuk tilted his head slightly to shoot at glare at Taekwoon who had made himself very comfortable on his shoulder. “I am being nice, Woon. Don’t give me that.”

 

“Right, very nice.” Taekwoon teased quietly.

 

“You two are disgusting.” Hongbin muttered, shooting them both an annoyed look.

 

“You are disgusting.” Sanghyuk hissed. “Have you looked in the mirror recently? I swear your head has gotten bigger.”

 

Hongbin stuck his middle finger up at Sanghyuk in response but Wonshik was able to intervene before it could escalate. Which it tended to do between both Sanghyuk and Hongbin.

 

Jaehwan pulled Hakyeon into another conversation about movies and musicals that they both loved or had seen personally.

 

It was peaceful, for once really.

 

Sanghyuk checked the picture and smiled at what he saw.

 

Hongbin smiling at the camera, looking like he also hoped he framed it correctly, with Jaehwan in the middle of eating and Wonshik and Hakyeon in the middle of a conversation and only just glanced at the camera in time. Sanghyuk barely noticed his own look of shock as he studied Taekwoon leaning against him, Starlight in his lap and Rowoon supposedly asleep.

 

He was never one to celebrate Christmas.

 

But, perhaps, just perhaps, that train of thought can be altered.

 

“Sanghyuk, are you alright?” Taekwoon asked softly, drawing Sanghyuk back to reality.

 

Sanghyuk nodded. “Yeah, I’m fine.”

 

Taekwoon smiled at him and turned his head to brush his lips against the corner of Sanghyuk’s mouth softly. Sanghyuk hissed quietly at him and kissed him ever so softly. Taekwoon breathily reminded him that they weren’t together.

 

He heard Rowoon speak up from where he rested. “Dad…”

 

Sanghyuk and Taekwoon turned to look at Rowoon in shock, as did everyone else. Supposedly, they all thought they misheard it.

 

Sanghyuk knew they didn’t.

 

Had he really…

 

“That was disgusting.” Rowoon pulled a face and Sanghyuk could only laugh at Rowoon’s comment.

 

“You’re gonna get used to it, kid.” Sanghyuk pulled him closer and fully into his lap, even though it earned him a yelp from Starlight who was rudely woken up by it.

 

Rowoon huffed but allowed Sanghyuk to coddle him and Taekwoon to ruffle his hair.

 

Yeah.

 

Sanghyuk could definitely get used to it.