PROLOQUE

The Story Begins || DISCONTINUED

1901

Equipped with guards around us, we make our way to the forest. None of the citizens of our kingdom is in the forest to hunt for food, because most vampire go on the hunt one night and bring a lot of blood home with them. It's a great idea, but it's not too realistic for us. Because our maids have to go into the forest a lot if they have to do that. Our family ,the Cha family, consists of 7 family members in total. And I am the oldest of the children, making me the oldest and making me the heir to the throne.

It's quiet in the forest and I honestly like the silence, it's very peaceful to listen to. Just like my mum, who spent a lot of time here during her pregnancies. My dad missed her a lot of times, but he felt relieved when he found her in the forest. We're not allowed to go out without guards, but my mum did that a lot. And we actually did it a lot too. We sneaked out of the palace many times when it was quiet enough to go outside, without any guards around us. My dad never liked it, but we didn't care.

''We're almost there, Hakyeon.'' my dad says and I look at him after I got lost in my thoughts a bit. We're going to hunt for some blood and I can't wait to drink some, because I am extremely hungry. I haven't had any blood for a few hours, so it's about time that we're going to have some again.

''I can't wait dad, I'm hungry.'' I tell my dad and my dad smiles. I'm the apple of my dad's eye because I am the heir to the throne, much to annoyance of my siblings. Because they want more attention of my dad too, but my dad doesn't care about my siblings so much. He only cares about me, because I have to take over his position once it's time. But until then, I don't wanna think about it too much.

''It's about damn time that we're going to drink something, because I am hungry too!'' Sanhyuk exclaims and I have to giggle. Sanhyuk is the youngest from the Cha siblings and came kinda unexpected, but he was an attention seeker. And he still is if you ask me. Sanhyuk is jealous for me being the heir and he ,kinda rude though, still hopes that he can take over the throne one day. How sassy?

''Yes Sanhyuk, we all are hungry. But hang on, we're almost there.'' My dad says and we keep on walking. The guards still walk on each side of us, protecting our with their lives. I have a lot of respect for these guards, because they protect us whatever it costs.

I hear Sanhyuk sighing with irritation behind me, but I understand why he sighs like this. He is quite done with whenever my dad says that we are almost somewhere, because we sometimes are not even there yet. But for now, we just have to keep walking and hoping that we are in fact almost there.

 

Then, I hear a baby cry and I stop. Everyone else stops too and looks at me with a surprised look on their face.

''I don't know if you heard it too, but I heard a baby cry.'' I say and after another few seconds of being quiet, everyone nods when they look at me.

''We hear it too. Go Hakyeon, find the baby.'' my mum says and I nod, before breaking through the protection of the guards and run towards the cries of the baby. As soon as the cries are near me, I look around me to see where this baby is. At first, I can't see the baby anywhere. That's when I see a white skin coming through the leaves. I squad down and I look around to see if this isn't a trap or if I can find the parents nearby. But as soon as I notice that neither of the two options is right, I pick up the small baby and I look at it.

The baby looks like a newborn baby, because it isn't that old yet. The baby has pitch black hair and as far as I can see, the baby has chocolate brown eyes.

''Hey sweetie, I'm going to take you with me. Hopefully you don't mind, but I bet you won't.'' I softly say to the baby and the baby responds with loud squals. Alright, the baby's answer is clear then.

I walk back to the rest of my family and I hold the baby close to me. I still don't know the gender, but we'll see later when we're back home.

''So that's the baby you heard right? What's the gender?'' my sister Jennie asks. I look at her and I raise my shoulders at the same time that the entire family is taking a closer look to the baby.

''I can't see well what the gender is, but we'll find out when we're back in the palace.'' I respond and my mum places a hand on my shoulder. I immediately look at her and she smiles.

''Why don't you go back to the palace with the baby? It loves to cuddle with you already and maybe you can calm the baby down, because I guess that the baby is terrified for being left behind.'' my mum says and I nod. Sounds like a good idea.

''But don't forget to bring some blood for me too okay? I'm really hungry right now.'' I whine and my mum nods, aswell as Jennie. Ah, good. I look down at the baby one more time and I get a look from the baby in response, a good one luckily. Because the baby smiles and squeals when it looks at me.

I run back to the palace and the guards that protect our palace from the outside let me in immediately. I rush inside and I take the baby with me to the livingroom, where I lay down the baby on the couch. The baby still squeals and doesn't stop smiling, so that's good. 

The baby is covered in a dark colored blanket and the baby looks dirty, it seems like I have to bathe this little thing. Then, I take off the blanket to see if I can find anything that might tell me what gender this baby is. I take off its clothes one by one and I quickly see something that reveals the gender.

''You're a baby boy huh? Alright then, sweetheart.'' I softly say and I get the baby dressed. I pick the baby up and I hold it close against my chest, while rubbing over the back of his head. The baby makes lots of noises and when he looks up at me, he smiles. Ahw man, this boy is adorable. I really hope that we can keep him to raise him as if he always has been a part of our family.

It doesn't take long before a name goes through my mind and I look at the baby I hold close in my arms.

I'm going to name him Taekwoon, that would suit him. Now, it's only hoping that the rest of the family agrees too.

A/N Here's the proloque of The Story Begins. It's similar to Tamed, but this one only contains vampires. I hope you guys like the proloque a bit. And if you haven't read Tamed yet, please subscribe and read it.