The Start Of Something New

Tell Me Your Wish


*
 

|  C  H  A  P  T  E  R    01  |

 

 

Sunye's POV

I rushed forward, not even minding to stop for a second to breathe. This was a serious problem.

Like serious serious.

How the hell did Sunmi's lamp got lost? Wasn't it kept somewhere hidden? I should've been the one who kept it.

Foolish, careless Sunmi. What if somebody else got their hands on it?

Mom would absolutely kill us, no, not us but ME for sure. >.< Ever since my mom went back to our 'homeland', the unfortunate responsibility of keeping an eye to my younger siblings had been a cumbersome obligation to me. And boy you should know how troubling it is. -_-"

Sighing, I continued walking.

My stiletto's heels clicked underneath the pressure I applied unto my foot as I jaunted along the campus hallway.  

If only I could disapparate here, I would have done it the moment I received the news.

The thing is, I still don't want to destroy my almost-perfect human life and be deported back to our realm, facing the wrath of my mother and the Council. Everything is practically perfect here, & if not for my sisters it would've been flawless. >.>

I just can't let go of the conveniences I relish. All the posh luxury I've been savoring here is something I will never be able to flake out. I would be depressed and die. T_T

I exhaled heavily as I turned around a corner, my mind still wandering off Sunmi's lamp. It's high time I rummage our attic and look for scrolls containing tracking spells and such things. Oh no, I still have to practice my piano piece for next week's charity concert, then finish my Science Investigatory project, all complete with a hard copy and product.

GOSH! Why am I so stressed?!!!

I kept inwardly cursing my fate when all of a sudden, I felt something hard bump against me.

 

 


..

 


"Ouch!!!!" I shrieked. Ugh., I think I bruised my shoulder. T.T "Fudge!"

I looked up furiously at the perpetrator with my eyes flaming in anger; like literally flaming.

He seemed to be taken aback at first but when a sudden wave of consciousness washed over him, his aura changed and he smirked.

Wtf? How dare he smirk at me?!

Abruptly, I heard a glare from someone and only in that moment did I realize that the smirking perpetrator's arms were draped around a...y girl with a scantily-clad apparel. -_-

God, where did she get the nerve to wear those clothes at school? I mean, I wouldn't  even dare wear it in public.

The boy shoved the half girl aside, and placed his hands inside his pockets, a playful smile hovering on his lips.

"Well hello there miss beautiful. I'm Kwon Jiyong. Ya probably know me already." he gave me a lopsided grin, "Well, who doesn't?"  

Conceited jerk. .>_>.

So, he had the audacity to smirk and hit on me without even apologizing?!?

Great. Just great.

I glared at the both of them and decided that it was best to just ignore him. Rolling my eyes in response to his arrogance, I started off to walk to the opposite direction.

I still have more important problems to deal with than this .

But much to my agitation, instead of just doing his own thing, he got rid of the clinging girl away and tried to get my attention.

"So wassup, honey? From what department are you? "

I scoffed and walked past him.

"`Cmon baby. Don't be like this. Oh right, before I forget, may I know your name first pls?." He continued to follow me around. >.>

Baby? WTF? Are we even close?

I stopped in my tracks and turned to look at him, "Don't call me baby, coz I'm obviously not one plus, I don't talk to strangers."

"How about you start getting close to me today? What class are you in? Are you a new student?" he eyed me from head to toe.

"Not your business." I spewed and started walking again.

"Well, at least, give me your name."Ji Yong whined and caught my arm to pull me to a halt. "Lol, you walk like it's the end of the world, babe"

I shook free of his grip and turned around to shove him. It was then that he saw my eyes blazing in fury. The atmosphere between us was obnoxiously electric as we stood there in the hall staring at each other.

"Aww.. Well, if you won't tell me your name, then..."



"Then what?"



"I'll just call you mine ^.^"



-.-"
Wtf? So lame.

 


"Excuse me, but I gotta go somewhere and I'm running late. So can you just move your to the side and let me pass?" I brushed past him not even waiting for an answer. My steps were quick and they echoed strangely loud in the corridor as I rushed to put some distance between me and that Ji Yong. But his strides were long and he kept pace with me easily.

How does he do that? Ugh. I'm fairly tempted to disapparate right now.

 


Sunmi, you're dead.


***



"Why did you tell unnie, Yoona?!!!!!!" I bet I almost had Yoona's left ear deaf with my deafening scream. I don't even recognize my own voice. "Do you hate me that much, huh?"

Yoona rolled her eyes and looked at me lazily, "In circumstances like this, parental guidance or the knowledge of someone elderly is highly needed to..to..." Yoona's voice trailed softly as she tried to remember the following words. "Argh.. I forgot! Dang! Sunmi-yah, hand me "The Code of Conduct".

"How could you be so nonchalant about this? What if unnie punishes me?! Or worst, what if she tells our parents, or the-the COUNCIL?!! What would happen to me?"  I pulled my hair in frustration, frantically

walking back and forth with my hands fanning over my neck.

We were both currently supervising our family  business since we skipped school today, courtesy of my constant whining and ranting of course. -.-


"The Charms", the utterly cliche name of our business, is a store for, guess what, none other than, charms. Ok, that was stale. But I absolutely have no time to spare thinking of these things other than the possibility of what would become of me once Sunye unnie pops out from nowhere.

"Admit it Sunmi. It's your fault. If you weren't so careless, your lamp would've not been lost. What was on your mind anyway? Why did you have to bring it out of the house?" Yoona drank some water from her jug and idly pointed out at me.

"Well, how would I know that you're not going to mess up with my lamp again?!?! Last time I checked, you almost sneaked it out and rubbed it 7 times to make me a slave of your wishes!" I'm not kidding, Yoona really did that. She nearly got me to follow her whims. Had it not been for my ever lovely puppy Coco, I would have been a victim of this stick thin anorexic person.

"Stick thin anorexic person?" Yoona scoffed. Oops.. I didn't notice, I mouthed my last words out loud. "And what do you call yourself huh? Healthy? Come on, even a twig is healthier than you."

I rolled my eyes and pointed my index finger to a puff ball accessory on the set of display behind her. The puff ball shook a bit with a burst of animated glitter surrounding it. I traced my finger towards

Yoona's face, then the puff ball moved in accord with my finger and rubbed itself on Yoona's nose.

"Arghhh!! What the ? Get this thing off me Hwang Sunmi!"

I chuckled, she was too funny with her face contorted in annoyance. Yoona tried slapping the puff ball away but whenever she does, I move the puff ball to another direction, making her miss it by seconds, then  rub it on her face again.

She sneezed, sneezed, and sneezed the more. It was all too hilarious to stop, seeing her struggling over tht finicky little thing.

Finally, when she decided that she had enough, Yoona screamed. She screamed like a crazy witch. "HWANG SUNMI! I HATE YOU SO MUCH!  I hope you won't find your lamp again! Or if you do, a spoiled vicious human would find it first and make you his slave forever!" She then swung her arms towards me and opened her palms while uttering some familiar words, "I bond my words to a spell never to be broken, by tears and blood, heart and soul, flesh and bone. Ego sum Hwang Yoona. Grant my words, and bring it forth to fruition."

 She said it so quickly that I didn't even notice what was she talking about. The puff ball dropped on the hard floor, and I saw her nose reddening terribly.

The moment I opened my mouth to speak something, the realization of what she just muttered suddenly hit on me. WHAT THE FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ!!!!!

I ran to her and shook her shoulders violently. "Withdraw your spell YOONA! Retract your words, at this very moment!!!!!!!!" The chant she just said was 'inexorable' and 'unbreakable' and could only be

effective when the enchanter feels a sudden surge of strong emotion surmounting in her. And judging by how irritated Yoona was, it's quite obvious that the strength of her emotions is something remotely far from weak.

Yoona shoved me aside and pointed her index fingers towards the jug  beside her then squirted a thin layer of water towards my face. I gagged. She just spurted water inside my nose.. ow! "Serves you right. Look at my nose."

"Yoona, please....please....please...pleasee...withdraw whatever you said. I'll take any from you, not just this. Not this! You know how important our lamps are! Yoona..." My eyes swimmed with unshed tears as I practically begged her to abjure the spell, even when I know fully that there's no way  she could take back what she said.

"I...I..uh." Yoona's senses seem to wash over her as she looked at me anxiously. "Oh..i..Oh my god! Oh my god! OMG. Sunmi...I--.." She was lost for a moment, and I dove in anxiety with her.

"It..it was your fault anyway..if you just didn't stuffed that hairy thing on my face and made me 'Yoona the red nose genie', then I wouldn't have to silence you with...with that chant!"
 


"You're so freaky, and you're so dumb! You're a freaky dumb! What you did was illegal! It's against the Code of Conduct! You're not supposed to say that chant under any circumstances. That's unforgivable!" I shrilled at her in the highest pitch I could ever muster.

"Its unforgivable nature can only be determined by the severity of the predicament. So that's nonsense!! And what? You're calling me dumb? You're the dumb one for losing your lamp, idiot!" Yoona defended herself.

"And you don't consider that severe?!!!!! You're the dumb one, you freaky dumb idiot. I hate you!" I couldn't contain myself anymore as I charged towards her and pulled her hair hard.

"OUCH!!!!!!! YOU!!" She screamed while pushing me too. "You're such a dumb, whiny, b!tchy, useless, annoying excuse of a sister! I HATE YOU MORE!" She pointed her fingers upwards and flicked it to of them, causing the light bulb to explode.

I let out a brief squeal as I shield myself from the shards of glasses that fell from the ceiling. "I'm gonna call Sunye unnie! Oh no, better yet, I'm gonna report you to the Council, so you'll be imprisoned in the underground dungeons for the rest of your life! You deserve it!"

"Why you scheming bi-" Before Yoona could even complete her sentence, the front door burst open, and the figure of our eldest sister shadowed the entrance. Sunye unnie swung her arms in the air drawing an 'X' with her hands. From there, a thin red & purple smoke coupled with a burst of glitters blasted outrageously and I felt my feet get rooted on the store floor. Yoona's face wrenched in displeasure as well.

I'm assuming that she felt the same.

"UNNIE!?" I bleated. O_O.

"YOU TWO! GO HOME RIGHT. WE NEED A SERIOUS TALK." Sunye unnie's stern face told me that there was no explaining to do, and that one word from either of us will prompt her to turn us into dust.

"Uh...Unnie, our feet are stucked on the ground. How are we supposed to walk?" Yoona asked timidly. Urgh, YOONA!! Why do you have to open your big mouth?

Sunye unnie smirked and rolled her eyes, "I'm not an A- class genie for nothing." She snapped her fingers and I felt my right leg move forward; another snap and my left leg did the same. Yoona's legs were moving involuntarily like mine and she stared at unnie with open.

Nu uh. Not so happening.



***



TOP lifted his sunglasses a bit to check on his watch. "Is Seung Ri coming or not? What's taking him so long?" he and his friends were sitting in a lounge he owns waiting for the youngest one of their group.

Taeyang shrugged and ushered Daesung to answer him, "He told me he's coming. He said he wants to show us something."

"Well, he was the one who called us here. He shouldn't make us wait. I'm going out with someone today." TOP mumbled angrily. "And Jiyong, stop grinning to yourself. You look like an idiot."

"What's going on with you, GD?" Taeyang asked, noticing that the mischievous smile on his face. "Your lecherous smile gives me the creeps."

Jiyong turned to them, still grinning from ear to ear. "Well, there's this one girl...."

"I should've known. It's all about a girl again." Daesung sighed and scratched the back of his head. "Who is the unlucky girl this time?" Emphasizing on the 'un' so much.

With the question, Jiyong's smile dropped to a slight frown, "I didn't catch her name. She was pretty feisty."

"She's playing hard to get eh?" TOP snorted. "That's something new."

"Well, fesity girls . You should all see how gorgeous she is. You'll be envying me, I swear..Thing is, I saw her first so she's mine already." Jiyong childishly claimed that particular girl making the others sneaker in response.


"Girl? What girl?" Seungri suddenly popped up from behind as his eyes roamed in them with confusion. But instead of getting a reply, Top came over him & smacked his head hard. "Yah, why did you have to make US wait?!"

"I got caught up with some girls at school." He smiled sheepishly while rubbing the back of his head."Am I too late?"

"Do you really have to ask? Or do you want me to smack you again?" Grunting loudly, Top tapped Taeyang to ask Seungri on what purpose did he have to call them there. He was just too pissed to speak.

"Yah, what did you call us for?" Taeyang asked, "It better be something important or else you'll be getting more than a dozen smacks today."

Seungri gawked at them helplessly and grabbed something from his backpack. "Here, take a look at this. I found it at school."

The four boys stared at the thing Seung Ri was holding.

Silence descended among them.

What was it?

Then all of a sudden Top's hands landed right at Seungri's back again.  "Are you fu©ken kidding me? You made us wait for this sh!t?! This-this, lamp?!"

"Maknae, do you want to die early?" Jiyong glared at him.

Dasung came over him and poked his temple with such strong force that he almost stumbled down. "I can't believe I skipped Doraemon's special screening just for that stupid lamp, Seung Ri!!!!"

"Come over here and let me start the dozen smacks for you! Let me have that!" Taeyang tried to snatch the lamp away from Seungri but panda boy ran across the table and avoided Taeyang.

"No, hyung. This is my baby from now on."

"Baby? Are you crazy?" Top raised his hand to smack Seungri again but was unable to do so when Seungri ducked over.



"Stop hurting me! It's called child abuse already!" Seungri ran a meter away from his hyungs and the lamp many times. "I won't let you hurt my precious lamp either."
 


"Precious lamp? You're screwed maknae, screwed!" Daesung snorted. "The only ones I heard you label as precious are hot girls. Don't tell me you're hoping that a y- female genie would pop out from that lamp huh?"



And just when the other boys were about to ridicule at the insanity that Seungri was succumbing to, a storm of yellow smoke with requisites of glitters blasted right in front of them revealing a pretty girl looking all distraught by the sudden harassing situation.



"What the fu©k?!" Seungri's voice was almost inaudible. "How-how did you get here? Who-Who are you?!!"

Nobody dared to speak as they were all utterly bewildered and still in the state of shock. Were they hallucinating? Did the girl just really appeared from nowhere, in a puff of smoke?

The girl looked at them confusingly then her eyes traced down to the lamp Seungri was holding,

"HEY! THAT'S MY LAMP!!! WHY IS IT WITH YOU!?!"