Ch 2

God Tell Her

Today marks the day as Heejin's first day in the university. She got there earlier so she could roam around and get use to the new environment.

With the help of Jiwoo and her girlfriend, Sooyoung, as her 'tour guides', she managed to get familiar with the campus grounds and facilities there till the older girl decided to accompany Sooyoung to meet her friend that had just arrived, leaving a clueless Heejin to wander around somemore.

As she was wandering along the corridors, Heejin's eyes scanned the papers she held as she tries to memorise her timetable and the location of her classes.

She wasn't paying much attention to her surroundings which made her almost bumping into someone. They stood a few feet apart from each other.

"Oh sorry I wasn't look-"

Heejin's breath hitched as she glanced up to look at the person from her papers.

Oh no.

The other person didn't move from her spot, instead she stared at her.

Heejin's eyes flitted down to the papers that the other girl held.

Kim Hyunjin.

Heejin's heart skipped a beat. Kim Hyunjin? The Kim Hyunjin? Heejin wonders as she lifts her gaze back up to Hyunjin's face, instantly locking gaze with the latter.

Heejin's eyes began tracing the features of Hyunjin's face.
 
Her raven hair tucked neatly into a low ponytail, calm brown orbs stared back at her, her slim nose that was carved perfectly, soft and plump lips that shows a bright red hue.

Heejin was trying to find that signature feature on the girl's face. The small mole on the corner beside her left eye. It wasn't there. Did she cover it up?

Without that detail, she couldn't be sure if that's the Kim Hyunjin. But nonetheless, her facial features and appearance has a striking resemblance. And besides, she's still cute.

No.

Heejin snapped out of her daze but was still rooted to the ground.

'What the hell Heejin, she could totally tell that you were checking her out.'

Heejin cursed herself. Heejin's eyes darted towards the latter's lips as the other girl was starting to talk, probably to question about her weird behaviour.

Heejin quickly stepped aside from the girl and walked away before she could mutter a single word. She could feel the other girl's gaze at her back as she quickly turn at the nearest corner.

Once she was out of the other girl's field of vision, she stood still. She clutched the papers and books close to her chest as she leans on the wall. Heejin's chest felt hollow yet there was this suffocating feeling that was overwhelming her.

Her body trembled slightly and she bit her lip, as if getting herself under control before she head to her first class, and trying her best to forget what had happened.

~
After her classes were done, Heejin heads straight to her apartment despite the puppy eyes and constant tugs and whines of the older girl inviting her to join her for some food.

Though, she did feel kinda bad for turning down Jiwoo. But she was sure that her girlfriend would be there and she definitely did not want to third wheel again.

Heejin slipped off her shoes and placed her stacks of books and papers on the counter. As she unlocks her phone, the device buzzed in her grasps, notifying her that there was a message. She opened the chat.

It was from Jiwoo

hachuu~
Heekkieee I forgot to tell you about Sooyoungie's friend! It's Kim Hyunjin! Isn't that wonderful><

Ah so it is, Kim Hyunjin

Heejin grimaced slightly. The name leaving a bittersweet taste in Heejin's mouth. The same suffocating feeling she felt in the morning came back and overwhelmed her once more. This time, she didn't need to get it under control, so she broke down.

Her phone buzzed again.

hachuu~
heejin? You ok? °~°. Did I struck a nerve? I'm sorry if I did, I really am.

With trembling fingers heejin tapped away on the keyboard, making an excuse believable enough for Jiwoo.

heekkie~
ye I'm fine. I just left the phone on while I was at the toilet.

She locks her phone and hugged her knees while letting out sobs that echoed throughout the room.
--
Heejin walks lifelessly towards her school building. Her eyes were puffy and she had a sunken look on her face. It was just a few days since she found out about her parents' divorce.

She could still feel the tears trying to spill out of her sore eyes. Her lips would quiver slightly and her body trembled. Passerbys' would throw looks at her odd behaviour.

As she reached the school gates, Jiwoo greeted her with an infectious smile that could instantly put a smile on anyone's face but Heejin. Jiwoo noticed Heejin's unusual gloomy behaviour.

"Aigoo, Heekkie ah I told you that those dramas aren't good for you. Look at your eyes, you will go blind if you keep crying over those sad films."

Heejin didn't pay any attention to Jiwoo as she was trapped in her own depressing thoughts. She was snapped out of it by the older girl's loud voice.

"YAH JEON HEEJIN"

"W-WHAT, I'M FINE JIWOO UNNIE"

Heejin unintentionally yelled before letting out a heavy sigh.

"Uh, I'm sorry. Where's Chaewon and Jungeun unnie?  I need to tell you guys something."

Heejin said while looking pass Jiwoo trying to find the mentioned girls. Jiwoo gave a questioning look at Heejin but shrugged it off afterwards.
~
The four girls sat at a bench near the gardens for lunch. The atmosphere was filled with loud chatter as Jiwoo and Jungeun couldn't stop bickering on who's the messiest eater in the group.

Before Jungeun could throw a mean remark to Jiwoo, Heejin cleared .

"Guys, I have something to tell."

Heejin told her friends about her parents' divorce as she observe their reactions.

Jiwoo had an apologetic look on her face while Jungeun rolled her eyes at a clueless Chaewon.

As Jungeun was explaining to Chaewon, Jiwoo consoled Heejin.

"Heekkie ah, don't worry, you have us, we can be your family. I can be your Mom and Jungeun can be your Father and Chaewon could be-"

"Your idiotic sister"
 
Jungeun butts in, cutting off Jiwoo's sentence which causes a hit to her head.

"What she meant to say, what we meant to say was have hope, Heejin!"

Jiwoo said with sincerity as she held Heejin's hand. Jungeun gave a reassuring smile and Chaewon who finally understood what was happening held Heejin's other hand and gave her a small smile.

Heejin thanked her friends and felt grateful to have them.

'Yea they're right, at least I have them as family'

Heejin thought to herself as she grinned widely at her friends.
~
Heejin packed her stuff quickly as the last bell rang. She met up with her friends and they walked together towards the gates.

"We should go to that new cafe that just open up nearby here!"

Jiwoo suggested, happiness radiating from her smile despite the dark circles underneath her eyes.

"We should! Especially to cheer up our Heejinnie!"

Chaewon agreed. The two girls looked at Heejin and Jungeun excitedly.

Jungeun heaved a heavy sigh before agreeing to the two vitamins' suggestion which causes the two girls to leap in joy. Jungeun rolled her eyes and started complaining on how tired she is.

As her friends continue bickering about Jungeun's whiny complaints, Heejin was yet again trapped in her daze again. But this time it wasn't about the divorce or some depressing thoughts but it was on something, or someone.

She'd seen many types of people in her life but those kinds of people never caught her attention at the first glance like that particular person. More specifically, a girl.

Her eyes glance at the black haired girl who wore the uniform of the neighbouring school. She looked like around her age.

For some reason, Heejin couldn't get her eyes off from the girl. She felt eager to know about this girl. She was so engrossed in her daze that she didn't realised her friends were worriedly checking up on her.

Jiwoo waved her hands continuously in front of Heejin's face while chanting her name. Jungeun slap her tap her cheek, but to no avail, the latter just couldn't snap out of her daze.

Just then came a faint shout, it was Chaewon warning the two to back away.

Sounds of waves of water crashing on concrete and skin was heard as Heejin finally snapped out of her daze as she felt ice cold water hitting her skin. Bewildered, she glared at her friends, especially at the culprit who was holding a bucket.

"What the hell, Chaewon. Why didn't you guys stop her? And where the hell do you even get the bucket?!"

Heejin complained as her friends burst out laughing at her. Jungeun clutched her stomach as she knelt down from the laughter while Jiwoo had tears streaming down her eyes.

"Yah you guys-"

Heejin couldn't form a sentence as she herself laughed at herself.

Once they had recovered from their laughter, Jiwoo ask Heejin.

"Um so are you going?"

"Going where?"

Heejin asked cluelessly which earns a flick on her forehead by Jungeun.

"Aish the cafe, dummy."

Heejin hums as an agreement.

"You really have to stop daydreaming and pay more attention to your surroundings Heejin."

Jiwoo advised sternly but no matter what, it ended up being cute.

"She was paying attention..  not to us but on a certain someone"

Jungeun said while wiggling her eyebrows and smirking which made Heejin giggled nervously.

"W-What?"

Heejin stuttered as her face shows a shade of pink.

"We aren't blind, you know."

Chaewon said bluntly.

"Oh my god, Heejin, you know what this means! You have a crush!"

Jiwoo cheered excitedly.

"I-I do not"

Heejin protested which earned a sarcastic 'sure' by the three of them.

For the whole time that they had in the cafe was spent on teasings and making plans on how to get Heejin to approach this girl.

Oh boy.
~
Turns out, the plan was just plain teasings and exaggerated acts carried out on to Heejin to get to know more about the girl. The latter was reluctant enough to follow the plan.

It started off with Jiwoo and Chaewon dragging Heejin to the neighbouring school's front gates to just strike up a conversation with the girl but Heejin end up breaking free from their inhumane grasp and cowering off before the girl could even glance at her.

Then Jungeun decided that restraining Heejin wasn't a great idea, so she dragged Heejin to follow her to a secluded area not to far from the school. Heejin was clueless at that time but left quickly as she was horrified to learn the purpose of Jungeun's plan.

"We aren't gonna stalk her,unnie. It's gonna make us look like creeps."

Heejin said before making her escape. Jungeun scoffed at her as she gazed on her retreating figure.

"Yah, staring from afar is already creepy. At least you won't get caught!"

At one point, where the three girls finally ran out of ideas, they concluded on dragging Heejin to the girl but this time with more restraints.

With Jiwoo's and Chaewon's tight grip on both of Heejin's wrists and with a steady Jungeun at her back firmly gripping on her shoulders as she pushes her forward closer to the girl who was having light chatter with her friends at the gates.

Heejin tried to break free from her restraints but to no avail, she just wasn't strong enough so she decided to carry out plan B.  But before she could bite one of Chaewon's fingers, she was already under the attention of the girl and her friends.

Heejin was hoping that her friends would lessen their grip as they have achieved their goal in getting the girl's attention but no, their grip only tightened making Heejin rooted to her spot as her eyes instantly locked onto the girl's brown orbs.

The girl was just.. beautiful. She was stunning enough from afar but from up close? She was just glowing and Heejin felt like fainting on the spot from her captivating beauty. She heard faint laughter in the background. Must be her friends.

Heejin realised that she was staring for far too long as she saw the girl's eyes darting awkwardly away. Heejin's brain couldn't function well from their close proximity.

"Uh..um..h-hi"

Heejin stammered as she squirmed from her friends'grip. Her greeting made the girl and her friends laugh to themselves.

The girl's laughter was like music to her ears. Her other friends' laughter and the loud bustling sounds of traffic were as if muffled or filtered by her ears as the girl's laughter echoed in her mind.  Once her friends were satisfied as they got their baby Heejin to greet the girl, they let go of their grips.

Heejin quickly took note of that and ran away with her face in a deep shade of red leaving her friends which were yelling and cheering at her.

Heejin wished that the ground would just split open and swallow her up so that she would not go through anymore of her friends' embarassing shenanigans.

No matter how much the reluctance showed on her behaviour or the amount of pleas and begs she does to her friends, they still carry on their plans. For the first time in Heejin's life, she was genuinely afraid of her friends and it wasn't for Chaewon's nuggets.

As her friends' shenanigans became more often, Heejin began to feel sad and trapped. She wasn't herself as days go by. Her friends didn't notice her changing behaviour of picking at her food or the less responsiveness of the girl.

From what seems like regular teasings became more like shoving Heejin to the girl which would draw attention to Heejin and would lower her self esteem even more.

She reacted less than she normally would but her friends misunderstood it.

"Yah Jeon Heejin, your reactions are less jittery and you're not as blushy as before. I think it's improving, you're getting comfortable! I'm sure by no time you would be able to get to know her!!"

Jungeun said as she narrowed her eyes at the girl trying to read what's on her mind.

"Yeah.. i-i  guess so"

Heejin said weakly as she stares at her trembling hands trying her best not to break down infront of her friends.

Heejin flinched as she felt contact with her skin. She looked up and saw Jiwoo with a troubling look on her face.

"Hey, don't worry, I know it may be hard for you but there's nothing to be shy about. I'm sure that girl is just as eager as you are and that she's waiting for  you to make your move first."

Jiwoo said as she gave Heejin a reassuring smile. Much to her dismay, Heejin was crumbling inside for a completely opposite reason. She knows that her friends were just trying to help. But forcing someone to do something that they didn't want was just really overwhelming for her.

Heejin would constantly be left out as she's trapped in her own world as she over thinks and gets paranoid on the littlest things. One of them was the reactions of the girl.

Was she annoyed of her? Does she thinks that she's just a joke or does she wonders about her too? Heejin would normally shrugged the thought off but it was getting harder as each day goes by.
~
The last bell rang and the girls met at their school's front gates. Heejin was staring blankly into space as usual while her friends bicker around.

Heejin snapped out of her daze as she heard Jiwoo's shriek of happiness before she sees all three girls turned to her with devillish smirks on their faces.

"Oh no.. please tell me you're not doing that again.."

Heejin said uneasily while watching how the girls' smiles resembles the Cheshire cat's.

"Well.. Heejinnie seems to be more comfortable with the girl's presence now that you are less blushy. So why not we take it to the next step?"

Chaewon said in a suggestive tone while the two girls by her side nodded as agreement together, the wide grin still plastered on their faces.

Heejin's stomach dropped as her friends shoved her and snatched her backpack from her shoulder. Jungeun loosely held the object on her right hand as she peered down at a trembling Heejin.

"W-What are you g-guys doing? Please give it b-back."

Heejin begged sofyly as her eyes darted to scan each one of her friends' faces.

Chaewon and Jiwoo were not acting as different as Jungeun was, giving her a Cheshire smile but Heejin swore she saw a glint of pity in Jiwoo's eyes.

"Well, we know that you're always abit shy. So why not we make this fun?"

Jungeun declared with a mischievous smirk before running away toward the wall that divides both schools.

Heejin's eyes widened as she pieced everything together. Soon she too broke into a sprint as she kept yelling at Jungeun to give her bag back to her. Before she knows it, Jungeun threw her bag over the wall landing with a plop on the neighbouring school's front gates.

Jiwoo's jaw dropped slightly as Chaewon whispered scream at Jungeun

"I thought we weren't suppose to throw her bag! What th-"

"Just go with the plan!"

Jungeun shushed her. As she gazed amusingly at Heejin who was already glaring at her.

Heejin turned away as she felt the stinging burn in her eyes. Her lips quiver as she tries her best to mutter her last plea.

"wh- Please help retrieve my bag, guys. I'm not feeling well"

Heejin said, her voice barely audible. Heejin bit her lip as she felt a sob trying to break out.

"Hmm I'm sorry Heejin, I can't, I have choir practice remember? That reminds me I have to go now. "

Jiwoo said uncharacteristically as she stretched a fake smile at Heejin but the latter didn't even glance at her.

"Chae-Chaewon? Could you?"

Heejin said slowly as she glanced at Chaewon with her slightly red eyes. Chaewon's mouth was agape but no words came out. Her eyes shook as she continues to stare at her friend's trembling state. The girl felt sorry for her friend, her eyes showed her emotions as she was hesitant to speak the excuse that was planned earlier.

"Ah, sorry Heejinnie, you know Chaewon and her bad memory. She was supposedly assigned to bake some cookies for the school's oncoming event and I will be there to supervise her. We don't want another kitchen to burn down again!"

Jungeun laughed as she waved goodbye to Heejin. She dragged Chaewon with her as the girl looked at Heejin pitifully before reluctantly following Jungeun.

Once her friends were no longer in sight, Heejin let her warm tears flow down her cheeks.

Heejin staggered out of her school to see a crowd of people looking at the mysterious object that had just been thrown over from the other school. The specific girl was there crouching down and staring at the details of the worn bag.

'Guess I will be going home without it'

Heejin thought as she slowly turn on her heel ready to go back home and drown her sorrows with ice cream when she heard a hoarse voice behind her.

"Yah, little girl. I think you may had forgotten something!"

Heejin turned to the direction of the voice. She saw a security guard that looked quite old for his job standing a few feet apart from her. His breathing was heavy, she assumed that he ran after her.

"I'm assuming that you lost your bag?"

The guard said as he extend his right arm that held Heejin's pink bag outward. Heejin slowly took her bag from the guard's hand and mutter a soft thank you to him whilst looking at the ground as her warm tears dropped onto the concrete.

"You got quite some friends there. It's not everyday, I see some kids tossing a bag over the walls."

The guard said as he bent down trying to get to Heejin's eye level. He brushed the tears that was escaping Heejin's eyes softly with his thumbs. Heejin felt secure and her shoulders became less tense as she glanced at the old security guard's eyes that brings warmth and sense of security.

"Don't be sad,  your friendly neighbourhood old man security guard is here!"

The guard said as he posed exaggeratedly that earns a hearty chuckle from Heejin. The guard smiled, his wrinkles became more visible as his grin grew wider.

"I should go now. It's getting late."

Heejin said to the guard before she gave a final thank you to him and turned around to continue her walk back home.

"Hey, I don't think you would understand this but, it's ok to love anyone. Don't beat yourself for it, that's just how it is."

The guard said with sincerity in his gentle voice. Heejin stopped in her tracks as she listened to what the guard wanted to say.

"I think your friends aren't wary of your feelings so you should forgive them. It's getting late now, have a safe walk home!"

The guard said before waving Heejin off.
~
Heejin arrived back to her vacant home. Her home used to have that comfortable feeling but now it feels cold and eerie.

She slid off her shoes and went up to her room. The floorboards creak ever so slightly as she makes her way through the blank hallway to her room.

She twisted her doorknob and it makes a creaking sound as the door opens. She tossed her bag beside the desk as she slumped face first onto her bed.

She groaned slightly as she heard her bag slumped forward and fall onto the floor.

She sat up from her bed as she pushes herself of it to go take a quick shower. She left the bag there lying on the cold ground.

After her shower, she got out of the bathroom, not bothering to dry those wet locks that draped around her shoulders and was dampening her clothing.

She proceeded to take her phone that was placed on her neatly arranged desk. Before she could unlock her phone, she noticed something from her bag that was out of the norm.

It was a piece of torn yellow paper sticking out from one of the side pockets of the bag.

Heejin set down her phone that was starting to buzz on her desk as she crouched down to look at the paper closer.

The yellow paper was torn in a rush manner that it kinda cut of some parts of the words written on it but it was still legible. Heejin picked up the yellow paper and brought it up close to her eyes as the writing was quite small.

'Chat with me sometime;)'
 
Heejin read that out loud. Her eyes glanced at the series of numbers below the sentence. It was a phone number. Heejin turned the paper to find an initial at the back.

'K.H.J'

Heejin didn't know anyone in her school that had such initials. So she felt a little uneasy to find out more about this mysterious person. Nonetheless, she found herself hurriedly taking her phone from the desk and unlocking her phone. The device vibrated in her grasp as she received a series of messages flooded her inbox.

As expected it was her group chat with her friends that had took up majority of notifications. The rest were private messages from each of them. She ignored them as she saves the unknown phone number into her phone.

Before she open the chat box, she decided to check her other messages first. The first one she went was the group chat that her friends made. It had 298 messages in it. Heejin rolled her eyes as she reads the amount before clicking it open.

Lippie~
OMG CHAEWON JUST BURNED DOWN THE KITCHEN.

ChaCha~
I DID NOT.. it was just the stove that caught on fire

jiwooming~
WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU DOING KIM JUNGEUN!! I THOUGHT YOU WERE LOOKING AFTER HER!

Lippie~
I was... well idk I just turn around for a sec and then the whole stove was set ablaze.

ChaCha~
Please, you were busy flirting with that catfish online!

Lippie~
No i wasn't! And that person has a name. Well that's what she told me.

jiwooming~
You know, one day we would be able to see your organs for sale in the black market.

Heejin groaned and exited their chat as she was getting bored with their nonsense. She proceeded to open the other messages instead, it was Jiwoo's.

jiwooming~
Hey, you alright? I didn't know that Jungeun would do that, I'm really sorry!

Heejin's insides felt warm by her friend's apologies. She typed a quick "ye I'm fine, thanks" to her before going to the next message, Chaewon's.

ChaCha~
I'm so so so so so sorrryyyy. Jungeun is really scary that time. I wished I could have helped you I really did. I hope you're fine right now.

Heejin grinned slightly as she read Chaewon's apologies. She typed the same reply as she did to Jiwoo but with a smiley emoticon and sent it to Chaewon. Heejin went to her last message. It was Jungeun's.

Lippie~

Yo, bunny, I'm sorry for what I did. I wasn't in the right mind that time. Anyways, can I borrow a stove?

Although, Heejin didn't feel as much as she felt with the other twos' apologies, she still felt abit more better that Jungeun was aware of how hurt she was. She typed a "no" to Jungeun.

She exited her chat box with Jungeun and her thumb hovered over the unknown number's chat box. Heejin unintentionally bit her lip as she ponders whether she should text with the person or not.

'What if it's some creepy dude? Or would it be some guy trying to sell my organs too??'

The thoughts that she was thinking were making her feel a little bit scared and uneasy. Nevertheless, she opens the chat box and typed the one question that was lingering on her mind since she noticed the paper.

Her eyes scanned the sentence she typed out and immediately pressed send without much thought.

heekkie~
umm..may I know who are you?

Heejin clutched her phone to her chest as overthinks and regretted her decision to text the unknown person. She was going to delete the text when the device vibrated in her grasps.

Unknown
umm..some guy tryna find some organs to sell.

Unknown
Just kidding

Heejin rolled her eyes at the humourless statement as her fingers swiftly tapped away on her keyboard.

heekkie~
funny. Anyways who are you and why did you give me your number?

Unknown
I'm Kim Hyunjin, you can call me Hyunjin. I've seen you around a lot so I thought you be fun to chat with:3

Unknown
You don't need to introduce yourself. I know who you are hehe.

Heejin's eye narrowed at the text sent by the latter. How did this person know me? Heejin wonders as she gazed on the three dots that had just appeared on her screen.

Unknown
I know what your thinking. Dont worry, I'm not a stalker or a creepy old guy. Is just that your name tag said so.

Heejin glanced to the corner of her room to see her uniform that she worn on that day with the top part of the shirt dangling out of the basket. The bold letters of her name were imprinted on the left side of the shirt.

Heejin clicked her tongue as she realised how obvious it was for someone to know her name. Her head snapped back to her phone as she typed another question.

heekkie~
Have we spoken to each other before? I don't remember or have I known a Hyunjin

Unknown
I don't think we did. Well at least now you would know a Hyunjin:D

Heejin was abit skeptical about this Hyunjin person. But she was a naive 12 year old, so she didn't ponder more. After a few more questions, Heejin caved in and have more casual convos with the latter.

They talked about their favourite food, favourite pets, favourite hobbies etc. Heejin would talk more to Hyunjin if it wasn't for the sudden vibration of her phone being low battery.

She looked at the notification oddly. It's only been 2 hours? Heejin thought to herself as she glanced up to her clock in her room. Her eyes widened when she saw the tiny needle pointing on the 1.

heekkie~
OMG omg, it's freaking 1 am. I haven't even touch my homework yet!

bread~
Oops, I forgot about the time. Well then talk to you later!:)

Heejin was about to shut off her phone when another question popped up in her mind.

heekkie~
Wait.. before I go. Can I see a pic of you?

bread~
no its a secret~  why? Cuz Hyunjin sounds like a pretty name:3

Heejin rolled her eyes as she read the latter's text. "I don't have time for this." Heejin muttered to herself.

heekkie~
 Yknow so I can recognise you when I see you. And no

bread~
I'll show you on another day okay? Now go do your homework!

Heejin placed her phone in the charger and whipped out her homework files. She grimaced when the bold letters that spelled out MATH came into her view.

It's going to be a long night for Heejin.
~
The warm rays of the next morning shone through the window, landing on the sleeping beauty's slumbering figure. Heejin was face down on her math homework that was yet to be completed.

The peaceful silence was disturbed as Heejin jolted awake from the annoying catchy ringtone of her phone that blared in her ears. The sound was so sudden that it caused her head to hit on the top of her chair.

Heejin hissed as she soothe the part of her head that came in contact with the chair and quickly pick up her phone.

Her poor ears had just stop ringing when they caught on to the loud greeting from the caller, known as Jiwoo.

"Yah! Heejinnie! Did you know that Jungeun and Chaewon were suspended for almost burning down the school?"

Heejin rubbed her eyes as she glanced at the clock before realising that she was going to be late for school. Heejin cursed under her breath and quickly got ready as she continues to talk with Jiwoo.

"For how long will they be suspended for?"

Heejin said as she threw her pajamas off and put on her uniform.

"About a week or a few days, hm I don't know.. Jungeun was half awake when I called her."

Heejin could hear Jiwoo's thinking face through the phone.

"Have you've tried calling Chaewon?"

Heejin said as she slipped on her shoes and sling her bag over her shoulders with one hand while the other held onto her phone.

"You think I didn't? She sleeps like she's hibernating for winter! I-"

Heejin moved her phone away from her ear as she heard the tiny shriek that was made from the latter. She heard shuffles and a thump from the other line.

Heejin heard some incoherent sentence and another person's voice in the background. She decided to end the call when she figured that Jiwoo would not end her apologies to whatever she had done whether it's her fault or not.

"Alright then,byeee"
 
Heejin hung up and placed her phone on the empty bookshelf before going off to school.

Her steps were a little jumpy which makes her have a little skip to her walk as she couldn't stop thinking about the Hyunjin person. About what's she's currently doing or where she was at the moment which kinda scares her.

She's thinking of Hyunjin as if she's that specific girl. Heejin stopped in her tracks as she realised that she didn't thought of that girl yesterday.

'Hyunjin really kept my mind busy huh.'

Heejin thought as she grinned and continue her walk to school. She can't wait to tell Hyunjin about that girl.

Heejin reached her school's gates but Jiwoo was no where in sight. She sighed as she concludes that the cheery girl probably went to buy ice cream for whoever she bumped into. That girl has always been too kind.

Heejin proceeded to walk along the wall that divides the two schools. She reached out her left hand and have her fingertips traced the pattern of the uneven painted walls as she let her mind wonder.

But her actions came to a halt when she heard a distant shout from a high place.

"Jeon Heejin!"

Heejin furrowed her eyebrows as she look around her surroundings wondering if she could find the source as she couldn't pinpoint it well.

"Yah, Jeon Heejin!"

The shout was heard again but more louder and clearer. Heejin snapped her head towards the other school and her heart stopped for awhile as she locked eyes with the source of the voice.

Her eyes almost went out of her sockets as her eyes landed upon that specific girl that she was smitten with.

"Yah, Jeon Heejinnie! It's me Hyunjin!"

The girl said with a wide smile as she waved at the stunned girl, leaning out of the window abit too far from the safe distance.

Heejin instinctively waved back as she still held that awestruck look on her face. The girl she had a crush on was the girl who she chatted with till midnight? The girl who basically live off on bread? The girl that she kinda thought was annoying? Heejin just couldn't believe it.

Heejin finally snapped out of her daze as the deafening ring of the bell rang throughout her school. Although, if it was not for the bell, she would be mindlessly waving to the other girl whilst having a blank look on her face which would make her look like an idiot.

Thank god none of the girls were with her at that moment or else she wouldn't hear the end of it.

"I guess you should get going! Bye!"

The girl yelled before giving a final wave and closing the window leaving Heejin still stucked to her spot.

Heejin only decided to move from her spot after realising how late she was as she heard the rusty metal gate of her school screeched to close off entry.

~
For all her classes, she couldn't pay much attention to the teachers infront as she kept on thinking about what happened that morning. So the day went by a blur for Heejin.

The final bell rang, snapping Heejin out of her daydream. She packed her stuff and walked out of the class. She strolled mindlessly through the hallways as she wonders about what her friend were doing, and also about that Hyunjin girl.

She reached the front gates and she immediately noticed the specific girl, Hyunjin, standing by the roadside. With cautious steps, she tried to make her way home as quiet as possible as she didnt want to be noticed by the other girl.

As she thought that she might have walked far enough, she glanced behind  to see if Hyunjin noticed her. She did. They immediately locked gaze with each other.

Though, it was quite a far distance, Heejin was able to notice the bright smile displayed on the latter's face. Hyunjin didn't say anything but she just gave a wave which Heejin returned.

Heejin reached home and as usual took off her shoes and took her phone from the bookshelf before going upstairs to her room. She plopped on her bed and unlocked her phone.

The device vibrated uncontrollably in her hand as the numerous notifications rained down in her screen. As normal, it was her groupchat, so she went to that first.

Lippie~
Can't believe that we were absent for a day and Jiwoo found herself love. Guess she bumped that girl's head quite hard by the street that she lost some braincells to fall for her.

ChaCha~
Ikr.. but at least I could get back the sleep I have been longing for.

jiwooming~
Hey! At least I know she's real.

Lippie~
Are you saying Jindollie is fake? How dare you

jiwooming~
Is that even her real name?

Lippie~
Uh I guess so.

Heejin rolled her eyes at her friends' antics as she herself decides to join in.

heekkie~
Jiwoo found love? How?

Lippie~
She bumped into someone on the streets and she claimed it to be love at first sight.

jiwooming~
I did not

ChaCha~
And she end up ditching school to hang out with that girl.

heekkie~
I'm aware of that...

jiwooming~
I'm sorry! I'm going to make it up for you I promise!

Heejin's phone vibrated as it received a different message. Her eyes scanned the wordings on the notification that popped up at the top of her screen.

'bread sent 3 messages.'

Heejin's heart skipped a beat as she read the sender's name. Her fingers quickly tapped on the chat and she immediately start reading the content.

bread~
Did the Princess finally reached home?

bread~
Did you think you could get pass me so easily?

Heejin chuckled as she noticed the pet name given by the other girl. She felt jittery and she kept on smilling as the butterflies in her stomach swarmed around.

Heejin's heart swelled twice it's size when she scrolled upon the image that was attached to the previous text. It was a picture of Hyunjin pouting and Heejin checked for her pulse.

bread~
why you seen me? :(

bread~
I know you're online!

bread~
Hey!

The device vibrates every second due to Hyunjin's constant replies. Heejin quickly thought of a excuse for her temporary brain freeze.

heekkie~
I was just setting your profile as that pic you'd just sent.

bread~
ew wait lemme send a prettier pic.

Heejin panicked as she saw the girl's text. She hadn't even recovered from the previous picture. Before she could typed something, the other girl beat her to it.

bread~
There this is better.

Heejin almost died.. from laughter as she saw what Hyunjin had sent. It was Hyunjin doing an exaggerated gesture. Heejin could barely typed a reply as she kept trembling as she laughed.

heekkie~
I can say that's definitely more prettier

bread~
Ikr

heekkie~
Should I send one too?

bread~
No, cuz a picture can't truly capture one's beauty.

Heejin's heart pounded hard against her ribcage. Was that suppose to be a compliment? Or was it a statement? Either way, it does bring a lot of effects to Heejin's poor heart.

bread~
especially yours;)

That's it. Heejin's going to die from the amount of butterflies swarming in her stomach and how fast her heart was pumping from that text alone.

They'd just known each other for a day and Hyunjin was already bold enough to be this casual meanwhile Heejin is a jittery mess.

heekkie~
I'm at the loss of words..

bread~
Who wouldn't? You'd just been complimented by the Goddess herself.

Heejin rolled her eyes but kept that lingering smile on her face. That's the Hyunjin she knows. And with that, Heejin spent the whole evening chatting with Hyunjin. The girl would throw occasional teasing remarks to Heejin and the girl would just giggly mess. They would have a small debate over anything and laugh it off during their chats.

bread~
It was fun talking to you but I have to go now.

heekkie~
Yeah, me too. It's getting late and I need to sleep soon.

bread~
Well then goodnight^-^

heekkie ~
Goodnight!

Heejin was about to shut off her phone when she received another message from the girl. The message made her heart skipped a few beats.

bread~
Have sweet dreams of me~

~
The once dull and depressing days became a little more brighter and the Heejin that was always down became the bright and sociable Heejin that was well known before.

Everyday, Heejin will always be greeted by the smilling faces of her friends and especially from that girl, Hyunjin who will always wave excitedly at her presence.

Heejin would not need to be afraid of her friends anymore as they stopped carrying out their plans. And as days go by, her and Hyunjin began growing closer.

As via texting is their only way of communication, they would spent the whole time after school texting with each other. Heejin was content with how her life has been going and finally she has hope again. She has hope that she would have a better life.

Heejin kinda wanted to thank her friends for tossing her bag over the walls as if it weren't for them, she wouldn't have gotten Hyunjin's phone number. But, she decided against it as she doesn't want to stir up anymore of their humiliating shenanigans.

This lifestyle of her's began to dwindle down as she was about to end middle school and go on to high school.

Jungeun and Jiwoo got transferred to a different school while Chaewon dropout. Hyunjin was going to another school too which left Heejin to go off to high school alone but they tried to meet up as frequent as possible.

Their conversations became shorter and simpler as the other girl will always be too occupied. As much as Heejin doesn't want to admit it, she felt as if Hyunjin was avoiding her or grown bored of her.

She would brushed it off as it brings an uncomfortable feeling in her chest that would began to hurt. But nevertheless, she always tries to bring up a conversation.

heekkie~
Hey, um are you free?

Heejin was on her desk, scribbling on her test pad as she waits patiently for Hyunjin's reply. Seconds turns to minutes and then turned to hours as Heejin held her phone expectantly.

Finally, she received that buzz she was waiting for but it wasn't the message she was waiting for. It was just another spam message. She placed her arm under her head as she looks down at the phone screen disappointedly.

The screen lights up as Heejin was about to dose off.

bread~
Not really, but I do have a little free time to spare.

Heejin slightly jump as she read what the girl had sent. Her fingers tapped hastily on her screen.

heekkie~
Oh that's nice, wanna talk like to catch up with things?

bread~
Sure

With that Heejin and Hyunjin tried to catch up as much as possible before the other girl needs to leave. It wasn't long till they stopped.

bread~
It was fun catching up with things but I need to go now

heekkie~
Oh ok

bread~
Talk to you soon.

Heejin let out a heavy sigh as she proceeded to shut off her phone and prepare to sleep.

But that 'soon', never came. No matter how many times Heejin tried to get Hyunjin's attention, the other girl was either too busy or just not online. Hyunjin never showed up anymore to their assigned location for meet ups. She made a few excuses and apologies  to Heejin for the few times it happened, but once it was getting too frequent she stopped. And before she knows it, Hyunjin began to fade away from Heejin's life as fast as when she first entered her life.

Heejin longed for the other girl so much. She longed for the cute wide grins that was plastered on the girl's face as she waves at her excitedly whenever she's around, she longed for the ridiculous acts that the other girl would do to put a smile on her faces and she longed for how Hyunjin's eyes would sparkle when she came into her view. She longed for everything.

Days became weeks and then became years but Heejin was waiting patiently for Hyunjin's message like a loyal, obedient dog waiting for it's owner. As each dreadful day goes by, Heejin slowly went back to her old self.

Every night, as she waits for the message, she would always ponder whether the girl hated her or not. Or was she really that busy that she couldn't talk to her? Her mind would always be filled with these thoughts that would slowly kill her inside.

A suffocating feeling lingers in her chest as she thought of Hyunjin. The girl whose name made butterflies swarmed in her stomach, made her smile in her saddest time, was somehow gone.

For those years, Heejin harboured her feelings for Hyunjin and never told anybody, not even her friends. She wanted to confess to Hyunjin but since the girl doesn't reply to her anymore, she opposed the idea.

Heejin tried to forget and move on but the feelings were too strong. She would always be bundle up in her blankets as she rocks herself to sleep, shutting her eyes close and telling herself over and over again to forget so it could hurt less. But it always ends up with her bursting into tears.
~
Heejin felt lonely especially at home due to her workaholic father. No more frequent spams or text messages from anyone anymore as they were either too busy or had plans with one another.

The sense of loneliness increases as her father bought her an apartment and made her live there when she turned 18.

One night, as she was doing her homework on the counter, something caught her eye, it was a shooting star. She had never believed in those kind of stuff but it's worth a shot.

She sat straight up as she closed her eyes to focus on her wish that she had sought for awhile.

"I wish that God would tell my feelings to Hyunjin once she had taken her last breath," She said shakily. "I don't want a better life, I just want you to tell her."

"I wish that God would tell her"

She prayed, this time her words are firmer. Her hands trembled as she gripped onto the counter. Once she's done, she opened her eyes to gaze upon the starry night.
 ~

As Heejin grew older, she thought she would have move on. She should be happier than before, but in reality, Heejin is hugging her pillow tightly against her as she chokes back her tears. The dried streams that stained her cheeks were soon replenish by fresh tears as the memories she had tried so hard to forget, to shove it to the furthest part of her mind, resurface again and replaying as if it's on loop.

Having to hear or see the girl's name had already stirred up some unwanted feelings and now having the girl to be at the same university as her. Heejin let out a sob as her hands clutched tightly on the fabric of her pillow. The heavy pressure in her chest suffocates her as each breath she took was sharp and painful.

"Why can't I get over you?"

Heejin chokes out as she spent the night crying herself to sleep like any other nights before that night.