Beginnings continued

Our little secret
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

thanks for the comments and upvotes and subscribing!

 

 

"Let's welcome the freshmen representative to present her speech, from Class 1A, Miyawaki Sakura."

Chaeyeon's jaw dropped when she noticed it was the girl who had pulled her to a seat that was slowly making her way up the stage with wobbly steps.

Never had she be so attentive to a mere welcome speech, nonetheless motivated at the same time. After ten long minutes of an earnest speech, the freshmen representative walked down the stage.

"Scary."

The girl muttered by herself in Japanese. Chaeyen chuckled. Chaeyeon had Japanese language lessons since she was younger, so she understood everything Sakura spoke to herself to relieve her post speech anxiety. She replied in the corresponding language. "You did well. I listened to every word."

"Oh..?" Sakura turned to her. "You speak Japanese?"

Chaeyeon nodded. "We're also in the same class."

At that moment, a spark of familiarity grew inside Sakura's chest. Almost overwhelmed, she held her breath, feeling an alien pressure of happiness wiping through her face.

The girl whom she knew nothing about yet blinked and expressed shock.

"Why are you crying?"


Sakura turned away.


"I'm not crying. I suppressed a yawn."

"Huh—"

Chaeyeon gulped when she saw a prefect stand next to her with a finger attached to her lips. "Silence." The prefect warned again.

She knew she better.


–––––––


It's a tradition for students to introduce themselves on the first day of the school year. While some are enthusiastic of making an impression, there are people who fear speaking loudly in public, especially Sakura.

Even though she had nicely presented her speech at the auditorium just now, it seems like expectations have been put upon her head as the students in her class all now recognize her as the outstanding freshmen that was give the role to represent on the first day of school.

Holding her fists tightly, Sakura kept her breathing equal as she was on the verge of freaking out. Borderline anxious, she was. She looked to her left, the person beside her stood to introduce himself and share his hobbies. It's going to be her turn soon.

"Hello, I am Lee Chaeyeon. I love dancing and i'd love to be friends with everyone. Let's make good memories together this year."

Sakura looked behind her, she didn't know the same girl from before chose to sit there.

The class applaud Chaeyeon and now it was her turn.

"I am Miyawaki Sakura, I like playing video

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter