Bonus: You, me and the moon

Name, please?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


"Would it seem rude if I ask why you're busy cleaning up without actually helping?" The shorter girl asked, leaning against the white wall as she took another sip on her glass of juice. 
 

Nayeon didn't look up, still busy wiping the coffee table with the thin piece of cloth, "Very rude." 
 

Jihyo chuckled, "You're finally letting her visit our apartment?" The girl placed the now empty glass onto the same coffee table that Nayeon was busy cleaning, earning a click of tongue from the older girl as she plopped herself onto the couch, being joined by a white fur puppy not long after. 
 

"If you're not helping, at least don't make it worse." Nayeon replied, obviously ignoring her friend's question, referring to the empty glass staining with some orange-coloured juice on it. 
 

"She's your guest, not mine." Jihyo shrugged, letting out a huff, fingers running through the fluffy hair of the puppy. 
 

"I thought you said this is our apartment, so my guest is yours too." The bunny tooth girl argued. 
 

Jihyo didn't say a thing next, not seeing a point in actually arguing this any further. She just watched as Nayeon walked around cleaning up all the entire month's worth of mess that they've made to the place. 
 

"Do you need help with preparing the food, actually?" She asked, don't really have the heart to leave her friend burning on her own. 
 

"Yes please." Nayeon glanced over the clock, realizing that her cleaning up schedule had taken up more time than she had expected. Never thought these two girls could mess up a place this much. 
 

The younger girl hummed, getting up from the couch as she walked over towards the kitchen and Nayeon hears the sound of water running next. 
 

Nayeon swears she felt like she was the busiest person for the past hours, she had done so many things for the time being, clean the living room, doing the laundry, prepare food with Jihyo assisting her, getting a shower, putting on makeup and choosing a perfect outfit for the night. 
 

She knew she shouldn't be overdressing, but she end up picking a half length black lace dress, which she had gotten a mockful snort from Jihyo when she saw her. 
 

"You're going all out tonight, aren't you?" Jihyo asked, eyeing the girl who's seemingly nervous as the time passes, getting closer and closer to 7pm. 
 

"Shut up." Nayeon rolled her eyes, fixing her hair one last time before leaving her room. 
 

Jihyo let out a chuckle, "Good luck. Just try not to embarrass yourself." 
 

Nayeon scoffed, "You better not embarrass me, Park Jihyo." 
 

Nayeon waited and waited, but it seems like the time had slowed down ever since she's ready. But her long wait ended with a ring on her doorbell. She flinched, sending her friend a nervous smile, as she reached for the door. 
 

"Hey." The girl who was standing in front of the door greeted, with the same warm smile that Nayeon has always liked since the day they first met. 
 

"H-Hi. Come on in." Nayeon cleared , hoping that it wouldn't be too obvious that she had just been struck by the tall girl's beauty. 
 

She went in, and Nayeon shut the door behind, fixing her dress and made sure she looked presentable. 
 

"Did I-- Am I underdressed?" Jeongyeon asked, after measuring Nayeon from head to toe, had noticed the fact that the girl was actually wearing a very very cute dress while she just wore a plain sweater with the brand name Stussy printed on the top right of it. 
 

"Oh, no, you look great!" Nayeon replied almost immediately, while her own cheek getting warmer and warmer, thinking that the dress that she had chosen, perhaps, was a little too overboard. 
 

Jeongyeon nodded, "I bought extra fries, I've been craving for it." She said, lifting the food bag in her arms, as Nayeon took it over and placed it on the dining table. 
 

"Dr Yoo!" Jihyo called out, almost yelling when she saw Jeongyeon has arrived. But mostly feeling excited. Jihyo has been over the past incident, and it doesn't embarrass her that much anymore, especially when she knew how her best friend has had a big fat crush on this girl. 
 

"Jihyo!" Jeongyeon answered with another louder greet, and when Jihyo has reached beside her, both of them pulled in for a hug. 
 

And Nayeon was hoping that she could hug Jeongyeon without having the feeling of the sudden rush of blood to her brain and make her heart beats like crazy. 
 

"Were you busy at the vet earlier?" Jihyo asked, initiating a conversation with the taller girl who just sat down onto the couch, leaning in comfortably. 
 

Jeongyeon replied only after Kookeu jumped into her lap shortly after Jihyo's question, "Nah, we had a mock test just now, that explains why I look so... devastated..." 

 

Jihyo chuckled at how Jeongyeon was having agape, trying to act like she's actually affected by the mock test that she probably did well in. She stood a little bit straighter from where's she standing at, trying to get an angle where she is able to get a view of both the other girls, one near the dining table setting out cutleries and dishes, another sitting at the living room playing with the puppy. 
 

She walked over towards the dining table, helping Nayeon out. "She said she looked devastated, what do you think?" Jihyo asked, making a face telling Nayeon to say something the exact opposite. 
 

"No of course not! You look charming as always, Jeongyeon." Nayeon quickly said, part of her hoping that Jeongyeon would love the way she just complimented her, while another part of her hopes that Jeongyeon did not just heard how she just said it so awkwardly. Jihyo gave her friend a quick thumbs up, and the moment she hear Jeongyeon's footsteps approaching the dining table, she kept her hands busy with arranging the cutleries and acted like nothing happened at all. 

 

"You won't think I'm charming after drinking these." Jeongyeon commented, referring about the few soju bottles that they've prepared to pair with their dinner. Nayeon doubted, but she just smiled. 

 

/// 

 

Nayeon's doubt was proved right. Just a few shots down, Jeongyeon's cheeks were flushed red, and she kept smiling and giggling at something she was saying. They had done eating dinner, savouring the kimchi flavoured fried rice that Nayeon and Jihyo had prepared in a rush earlier, but it still tastes good. At least Nayeon heard Jeongyeon said it tastes good and asked for a refill. 

 

"It's not called Parkinson's anymore if a dog has it!" Jeongyeon yelped, pouring another glass of soju in her own glass. 

 

"Then what is it? You have another name for it when it happens on animals?" Jihyo asked, seemingly interested in the topic that Jeongyeon had brought up. She sounded serious, as if she really wanted to know more about it. 

 

The doctor let out a chuckle on her own, took another sip on her glass and she said, "It's called Pawkinson's!" 

 

Jihyo took in a deep breath, and let out a huge sigh, looking over at Nayeon who just let out a giggle. She leaned over towards Nayeon, whispering to her friend, "I swear she has the worst jokes." 

 

Nayeon gave her friend a slight nudge, which Jeongyeon was obviously way too tipsy to even notice. But Nayeon just seemed happy, happy to have Jeongyeon around at their place. They've went on a few dates, well, Nayeon couldn't say if it was a date date, but she had been to the movies and some matcha ice cream date with Jeongyeon. Nayeon wouldn't say that they're actually a thing, because she had never asked Jeongyeon, but she was hoping that Jeongyeon actually feels a thing for her, as for how she felt towards Jeongyeon. 

 

Their drinking session paused momentarily when Jeongyeon asked for a toilet break. "I can't believe you fell for the lamest jokestar." Jihyo teased when she heard a click of lock on the bathroom door, while Nayeon just giggled. 

 

"But I'm glad that three of us are able to get along well." Nayeon hummed, as if she didn't minded Jeongyeon who had been cracking weird irrelevant jokes the entire night. 

 

"Why is it important for me to get along well with her? It's not like I'm going to date her." The huge-eyed girl sounded astounded, leaning her back against the leather couch. 

 

"Because she will be coming over very often once me and her start dating." Nayeon said while nodding her head, flipping her hair and she landed a playful slap on Jihyo's lap when she heard her faking a puke after heaing the reply. 

 

"Just promise me one thing, Nayeon." Jihyo jolted up, suddenly grabbing Nayeon's hands in hers and looking at her face. 

 

"What is it?" 

 

"No loud ." Jihyo said, and let out a loud laugh after that. 

 

Nayeon laughed too, trying to hide her blushing cheeks behind her palms as she rolled her eyes, "Oh shut up." 

 

But the two friend's bickerings were interrupted by a loud thump coming from the toilet, to which Jihyo quickly pushed Nayeon telling her that it's her chance to drag Jeongyeon into her room and offer her to stay a night. 

 

Nayeon rushed over to the toilet which was at the end of the hallway to check on the girl who was taking extra long in there. 

 

"You alright?" Nayeon asked, walking over towards Jeongyeon who just came out from the washroom. 

 

"Yeah I am. Just accidentally bumped my leg on the door." Jeongyeon replied, minimizing the distance between herself and the bunny-tooth girl. 

 

Nayeon smiled, as she pursed her lips for a short while before she gathered all her courage to look up towards the taller girl and asked, "Do you want to stay the night?" 

 

She didn't get a reply immediately, while Jeongyeon was just looking baffled upon the offer. Just then, her phone chimed and she took it out from her pocket. She read the message and replied, it wasn't long until she's done with replying. 

 

"Actually, do you mind if my friend join us?" 

 

///

 

Nayeon never thought the friend that Jeongyeon had invited looked this gorgeous. She has this long silky hair that she had tied it into a high ponytail and her bangs still looked so fixed although she claimed that she had been busy with her shift in the vet clinic the entire day. Her eyes were soft as well as her voice. Nayeon had stared at her angelic face for the longest time ever, thinking how'd the three moles could look this perfect on her face. 

 

"Minari you want a refill?" Jeongyeon asked, as the girl just nodded. Jeongyeon stretched her long limbs, reaching for the soju that's at the other end of the coffee table. 

 

Minari. 

 

Nayeon's heart clench upon hearing how Jeongyeon just called her. They must be close, closer than Nayeon had ever imagined. 

 

"So, you're Japanese?" Jihyo directed a question to the girl who just joined them. She didn't sounded too friendly, arms crossing and brows cocking, as if she was trying to scare her off for the sake of the now secretly sulking Nayeon. 

 

"Yes I am. But, I've lived in Korea for a few years now--" Mina replied, but Jeongyeon cut her off. 

 

"It's your 5th year here. How can you forget that we've been friends for 5 years?" Jeongyeon said, placing her hand on her hips as she pretended to be pissed at her friend. 

 

Nobody laughed except for Mina, as she just nodded, admitting that she had been forgetful recently. Nayeon had just been drinking on her own, constantly zoning out as though there's so many thoughts running in her mind. And of course her best friend could see it, but the only thing she could do is send Nayeon an apologetic smile, while Nayeon just shook her head as she sigh. 

 

"Nayeon, you okay?" Jeongyeon asked, and Nayeon felt thankful that she had finally divert some of her focus on her. Ever since Mina got here, everything had been Mina-centered, but Nayeon couldn't tell if she liked it or not. 

 

"Sure." She faked a smile. 

 

"Are you tired? You have a test tomorrow right? Do you want to get some rest?" Jihyo spoke in a hurry, as if she had found a chance to get rid of something very unfavourable for them. 

 

Nayeon paused for a while, looking over at Jeongyeon who was waiting for her reply, and her gaze shifted to the beautiful girl sitting next to Jeongyeon. Everything about Mina screams perfection, and Nayeon thought if Jeongyeon's friend were all like Mina, she could never even stand a chance. Not even close. She had never been a confident person, and at this moment her mind is playing tricks with her again, and she wished her mind could just stop telling her how she could never be enough for Jeongyeon. 

 

"We should get going, Jeong. Let her rest." Mina said softly, but Nayeon could hear her well as she had been paying whole lot of attention on this particular girl the entire night. 

 

Nayeon couldn't remember much what happened next, she just remembered herself standing behind Jihyo, waving her hand awkwardly at Jeongyeon and Mina who left their apartment together. Jihyo turned around after shutting the door, placing her hand on Nayeon's shoulder. 

 

"You feeling fine?" Jihyo asked, a hint of empathy in her tone. 

 

"I don't know how to feel anymore." Nayeon let out the heaviest sigh, plopping onto the couch with her face facing down. She wanted to bury herself in a hole, thinking that she can never deal with all the chaos that's going on in her mind. What if Jeongyeon and Mina is dating? What if Jeongyeon is into Mina? What if Jeongyeon doesn't like Nayeon and Nayeon had been making things up on her own all these while? What if Jeongyeon-- 

 

"Then don't. Wash up and get a good night sleep." Jihyo said, gently patting on Nayeon's head, her hair, breaking off Nayeon's trance of thoughts. 

 

Jihyo let out a small sigh, never expected for the night to end this way. 

 

Neither did Nayeon. 

 

/// 

 

9:38PM yoojeongsunBAE: I think I made too much weird jokes

9:38PM yoojeongsunBAE: What if she thinks I'm a weirdo? 

9:39PM MyouiiiMinaaa: Don't tell me you made that Pawkinson's joke again....

9:39PM yoojeongsunBAE: I did... that's why I'm panicking... 

9:41PM MyouiiiMinaaa: ...

9:41PM MyouiiiMinaaa: Well at least she had seen the worst of you.

9:41PM yoojeongsunBAE: Not helping, Myoui. 

9:41PM yoojeongsunBAE: What time does your shift end? 10? 

9:42PM MyouiiiMinaaa: No I'm not going to join you 

9:42PM yoojeongsunBAE: Please I'm begging you...

9:42PM yoojeongsunBAE: Their place is not far from the clinic. It's just 10 minutes. 

9:42PM yoojeongsunBAE: Minari please... I need some moral support... 

9:43PM MyouiiiMinaaa: Can I not? You know how I'm awkward with strangers... 

9:43PM yoojeongsunBAE: How is she a stranger? 

9:43PM MyouiiiMinaaa: How is she not a stranger when all I've seen about her is her pictures you show me?

9:43PM yoojeongsunBAE: For 3 whole months!

9:43PM yoojeongsunBAE: I've been telling you everything about her for 3 months. You know her as much as I do. 

9:43PM yoojeongsunBAE: So she's not a stranger to you. 

9:45PM MyouiiiMinaaa: ......

9:45PM MyouiiiMinaaa: I'm just going to pretend you did not just said that

9:45PM yoojeongsunBAE: Please Mina

9:45PM yoojeongsunBAE: PLEASE

9:49PM yoojeongsunBAE: Are you ignoring me? Why aren't you replying? 

9:52PM yoojeongsunBAE: Okay I'll buy you the Stranger Things lego set if you come here after your shift ends. 

9:54PM MyouiiiMinaaa: I was reporting my last patient to Dr Kim.

9:54PM MyouiiiMinaaa: Deal. I want the Upside Down 75810 collection. 

9:54PM yoojeongsunBAE: FINE. DEAL.

 

///

 

"I think I have a conclusion." Jeongyeon blurted, eyes not leaving the screen as her thumb tapped on the buttons on the controller. 
 

"On what? Winning the game?" Mina asked, fingers tapping on the buttons i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter