Final

Name, please?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Oh my god!! Kookeu just puked on the sofa!!!” The girl yelped, while quickly making her way to the couch where the barf was at.

 

It smelled foul, almost as if the small dog had ate something so awful before this.

 

“Yah Im Nayeon where are you?? Get your here and clean this up!!” Almost screaming on top of her lungs, the girl hugged the small dog and placed it down the ground. The dog then crawled weakly to its wooden small dog house at the corner of the living room, almost like he knew he made a mistake. 

 

“Yes I’m coming, Jihyo!” The bunny-tooth girl said, as she rushed to the living room, just to see her housemate looking at the barf with a disgusted face while crossing her arms in front of her chest.

 

“I don’t care, Kookeu is your dog, you're cleaning this up.” Jihyo said, still scrunching her nose while pinching it.

 

It wasn’t her idea to raise a dog at all, it was Nayeon’s. Of course, Jihyo would play with Kookeu, feed the dog food, but when it comes to cleaning and bathing stuff, it’s always Nayeon who’s doing all the job.

 

“I think we’ll need to bring Kookeu to the vet, he’s vomited for three times today.” Nayeon said, as she cleaned the barf with a piece of damp cloth.

 

She felt beyond lucky at this moment because she had decided to buy a leather couch, instead of a fabric one. It’s definitely easier to clean it on a leather.

 

“But, uh, I have an assignment to rush….” Jihyo uttered, and she saw Nayeon looked up towards her. 

 

They've known each other for almost 10 years. And knowing Nayeon very well, she didn't even need to actually look at her to know that Nayeon would be attacking her with her cute puppy eyes.

 

“Please? I can’t do this alone. I need you, Kookeu needs you too.” Nayeon said in a soft voice, or rather the cute voice that she'd use to ask Jihyo for a favor everytime, almost pleading her housemate plus best friend to go with her. 

 

“B-But—Ugh—Fine! Stop looking at me with your puppy eyes and stop talking in that stupid baby voice! I’m doing this because I love Kookeu too.” The shorter girl finally complied to Nayeon who was staring at her with a pair of dazzling eyes.

 

She just couldn't stand Nayeon speaking in that annoying baby voice for the rest of the day, and she knew very well Nayeon would speak in that tone if she doesn't follow her to the veterinary clinic. 

 

///

 

It wasn’t a long ride to the nearest veterinary hospital. Although they had Kookeu for almost a year, it’s their first time to travel to an animal hospital. They always thought that a place like that would be quite a mess, expecting a ground full of dog hairs or having to put up with weird animal howling sound.

 

But they were wrong. 

 

The building looked new, like it was just renovated weeks ago. With white paintings on the wall, and useful infographics pasted on it, it’s definitely looking like a great hospital. And the greatest of all was that the lobby actually doesn't smell like dead animals, rather it smelled like light jasmine, which they wondered where did the scent came from.

 

Nayeon went over to the counter to register for Kookeu while Jihyo stayed at the waiting area with the dog. There’s another 4 more patients left until their turn. Kookeu had always been an active puppy, but this day, he's just resting on Jihyo's laps, which worries both the girls so much.

 

“Number 304, please head to the examination room.” The receptionist called out and both the girls brought their dog with them as followed the nurse to the examination room.

 

The room wasn’t quite big. There’s a desk on one corner and right in the middle of the room was a examine table that’s made of metal. Jihyo made a disgusted face upon smelling the air that’s probably a mixture of animal pee and antiseptic smell. It wasn’t really that pleasant.

 

“Please wait for a moment and the doctor will attend to you soon.” The nurse said before leaving the room.

 

The girls nodded politely at her.

 

And after a short moment, somebody opened the door and walked in.

 

Short-haired, tall and slim was one of the first few descriptions that popped in Nayeon’s mind when she saw the doctor. Nayeon thought the vet would be some old man who’s probably enjoy talking to animals or a lady who’s always fussy and cranky when the sick animals don’t obey to her.

 

But she made a wrong guess.

 

This girl who came in looked almost like an angel. Nayeon had never seen an angel with her own eyes, so she was starting to think that this girl might actually look prettier than an actual angel. 

 

“Sorry for the wait. I’m Dr Yoo—”

 

So, she’s Dr Yoo.

 

“—And let’s see what’s wrong with our friend here, shall we?” The doctor said with a soft smile on her face as she reached for Kookeu and placed it onto the examine desk.

 

Nayeon was probably too attracted by the doctor’s beauty, and she was just nodding at everything she said. The doctor looked young, around her mid 20’s, and she was wearing a doctor coat on the outside, but Nayeon could easily spot that she was wearing a plain black t-shirt with a pair of slacks. The pair of heels that she’s wearing does nothing but makes her looks taller.

 

“She’s hot.” Jihyo nudged her friend gently, as she whispered beside Nayeon’s ears.

 

Trying to cover how flattered she actually was for the ‘hot doctor’, Nayeon frowned and slightly push Jihyo away.

 

Deep down, Nayeon swear she's already drooling over this Dr Yoo.

 

“He has been vomiting, you say?” As the doctor started to speak, both the girls were suddenly snapped back to reality from how dreamy this vet looked.

 

“Yes, he just puked onto the couch just now.” Jihyo quickly replied the doctor, before Nayeon could say anything.

 

“Do you remember how many times he vomited?” The doctor asked, as she was still examining the dog.

 

“Hmm—How many times, Nayeon?” The huge-eyed girl leaned closer towards her friend as she asked, still whispering. She hasn't really been counting how many times the poor puppy had vomitted.

 

Nayeon was the one who’s been keeping track of Kookeu’s conditions.

 

“This started since yesterday morning and it has been around 6 times.” Nayeon answered quite diligently.

 

The doctor looked up, as she nodded.

 

Not losing the soft yet charismatic smile on her face, she asked, “Name please?”

 

Nayeon pretty sure she gulped, as she pushed the saliva down . She can feel her heartbeat rising rapidly, and it’s been a while since someone made her felt this way. She can’t believe the hot doctor just asked for her name.

 

“Jihyo. You can call me Jihyo.” Before she could even answer, the shorter girl beside her screamed. It wasn’t a loud scream, but rather a I-want-to-tell-you-my-name-so-that-I-can-ask-for-yours kind of scream.

 

The doctor seemed surprise at first. Her hands had stopped moving around the puppy’s abdomen, and she s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter