twenty first

Look Up

‘First impressions are the key to meeting new people.’

“Nayeon stop looking up how to make up bad first impressions. Nothing’s gonna change the fact that Jihyo now knows you’re balding.” Jeongyeon says after peeping over Nayeon’s shoulder. She, of course, brings it up once again.
Sitting at their usual table for lunch, Momo, Mina, Jeongyeon, and Nayeon are all waiting for everyone else to arrive. 

( “The three kids wont be able to make it to lunch today” Mina softly says, “They got in trouble for copying each other’s math tests.”

”Wild.” )

Nayeon puts her phone down on the table and sulks while bringing her knees up to her chest, hugging them. “Taeyeon’s blog said that it takes 21 different meetings of each other again to recover a bad first impression. And it all has to be good memories like hell I’ll ever show my face again.” After the ordering incident last Friday with jihyo, everything went by suspiciously weird right after. Maybe it was because Nayeon mumbled to herself for the rest of the shift. Or that Dahyun laughed at random times. The kind of laughter she does when she’s scared, nervous, panicking or all of the above. For some reason, it only happened when Nayeon was around. 

“That’s not alot though, just bump into her in the hallways. Say some stupid stuff you always say and maybe she’ll fall in love right there and then” Momo suggest, eating a fry off of Mina’s plate. 
“Wow thanks Momo, That just solved my ongoing crisis. I’m totally gonna date Jihyo that way by this year”
“bet” 

“Everyone move out the way! Sana coming through!” Sana practically yells at nobody. The group of friends turn their heads around to see Sana dodge around people clumsily. 
Surprisingly, Jihyo was trailing right behind her 

Well. 

“Hey guys Jihyo’s gonna sit with us for a while is that okay?” Sana asks the group once they reached them. 
“Yeah sure that’s fine with us. The more the merrier am I right?” Mina speaks up with a growing smirk on her face. Everyone agrees and teasing looks were being made all around. 



“Thanks guys, sorry if I bothered you.” Jihyo says apologetically before smiling, her big eyes turning into crescents. She then follows Sana to sit down. “It’s no problem, I’m sure we love your company here. Right Nayeon?” Jeongyeon asks not so innocently. All eyes were on her.
“Y-yeah, it’s fine really.” Nayeon forces out, looking somewhere at a distance. If she weren’t such a coward, she would be able to see Jihyo’s amused stare.

“Soo, does anyone wanna volunteer to buy me lunch?”

——————————
Math was the last class of the day and Nayeon couldn’t be happier at the fact that it was one of the classes they both shared together. There she was, listening to the teacher intently and writing notes diligently. Acting as if she understood everything when in reality Nayeon understands nothing. All of this is only because of Jihyo, who is seated right across from her. As much as a coward Nayeon is with Jihyo, she wasn’t gonna back down from her bet. But for now she must think of a way to approach the girl the right way. 

“Next class, you will be having a quick quiz on derivatives. No homework for today. You all are now dismissed.”
Nayeon packs all her belongings quickly in order to get out of school before it gets crowded at the gates. She wants to go home, make a plan and take a fat nap. 

“Hey Nayeon” There goes her plans. 
“Oh h-hey Jihyo” Nayeon couldn’t believe it. But she tries to keep her cool. “I was wondering if you wanted to study together tomorrow for the quiz. Only if you want to though.” Jihyo says full of hope.

“I mean sure I need help anyways. Help like on the lesson not help because I’m- Y-yeah let’s study together.” Nayeon panics. 

Jihyo chuckles at her answer. She begins to walk backwards towards the exit “Well great, I’ll see you tomorrow at lunch then.” She gives Nayeon the same smile she gave at lunch and turns around a couple steps later. “See ya!” she hears Jihyo yell before heading down the hallway. 

Nayeon doesn't know what just happened but she was the very last person to leave the school gates that day. 

 

------------------------

gee