nayeon

Look Up

“Hey can I copy your homework for Economics?” 

She looked cute today Nayeon thought as she recalls seeing her in her class.

“Nayeon” 

Can she be any more cuter than she already is

“Nabongs”

I mean just look at her. Her smile. It’s like getting hit with a car in full speed.

“Ugly rat"

She can run me over if she wanted to but she can’t, that girl can’t even honk at anyone ever

“Oh hey Jihyo!”

I just wish that I can be her- Nayeon halts her thoughts to register what her companion had just said. Only to whip her chair around to see nothing 

“Wait where?”

“Oh wow. I said can I copy your Economics homework.The one due in two hours.” Her companion said unamused, waving her pencil infront of her face. 

“Ok first of all Jeongyeon, who in the right mind would think I actually did the homework?” Nayeon says swatting the pencil away looking very annoyed. “And second, use that word out loud again and I’ll throw you in the sewage.” Jeongyeon could only smirk at her friends remark. As far as she knows, Nayeon’s undying crush for Jihyo was a secret no one knows except for her. Thus, to make Nayeon more annoyed, she puts down her pencil and yells,

“Nayeon has a big fat crush on Ji-“ 

“Hey I didn’t know cinnamon cookies had cinnamon in them how cool is that” Momo barges into the small study room happily holding a cookie while Mina follows behind judgingly. Jeongyeon stops her sentence making sure she did not accidentally expose her best friend’s secret. “Oh hey Momo” she pauses, “By the way y’all, Nayeon has a crush on Jihyo” 

Or not. 

“You. ugly .” Nayeon spat, completely red, trying to find an object to throw. “That’s not a surprise” Mina says calmly as she sits down in front of Nayeon, who’s now glaring at Jeongyeon. “The girl practically drools watching Jihyo breathe in class.” Momo then sits right next to her, resting her head on Mina’s shoulder and agreeing to what she just said. “True that. A couple days ago Nayeon was distressed over if she should say ‘hey’ or ‘hi’ to Jihyo at the E hallway.” 

“Ok but you don’t understand, the girl is the definition of perfection” Nayeon argues, now pouting. “And a ing a gymnast. Nothing can beat a cute gymnast.”

“You forgot the part that she’s straight, a straight-cute gymnast. Opposite of what Sana is” Jeongyeon added. 

“So? I bet I can make her my girlfriend by the end of the year. All of you will be kissing my then.” Nayeon then flips her hair in an exaggerating manner. 

 

Mina gags. 

“Uh huh yeah okay whatever you say pig.” Momo says before biting on her cinnamon cookie. 

—-

It was a Friday, which meant ‘put all school work aside until Sunday’. Which also meant Nayeon had to go to work. Nayeon is hapy.

“Hi there what can I get for you?” Nayeon smiles at her 5th customer since clocking in. “Can I get water on a medium cup please with whip cream on top.” The teen boy says. 

“Would that be all for you?” Nayeon follows up after punching in the very odd order. 

“Yeah that’s it” 

“And a name?” 

“Disfatt Bidge” The boy turns around and laughs to his friends. Wow

Finally, A couple of seconds later Chaeyoung calls, “Order for Disfatt Bidge!” 

Cries of laughter erupted from a certain corner table. Nayeon just wants to go home. 

—- 

“Uno!” Nayeon shouts over the headset

It’s now 8:30 pm, with less people in the cafe doing their businesses, the crew were also doing their own sorts of business. “That’s cheating, you can’t put two green 7s at once loser.” Dahyun says while grumpily looking at her cards. She then drops a +4 for Chaeyoung, completely forgetting about Nayeon. “And that’s a plus four for you. Don’t cry okay?” Patting the shorter girl’s head softly. “Like you weren’t about to cry a minute ago” Chaeyoung mocks through her headset, sticking her tongue out ( because where’s the fun in yelling right in front of each other without the use of a drive-thru headset ). Before she could pick her next card, the bell rang, signaling a customer had came in. 

“I got it” Nayeon says stading up from their business table, “I’m gonna win anyway, take your time little kids.” Nayeon turns her mic off and walks out from their crew room to set up the cash register. “Hello welcome to our Look Up cafe what can I get for you?“ She says still looking down. 

“Sorry we're new here let me just look at the menu for a sec” 

“Sure! just let me now when you’re read-”

Nayeon finally looks up, only to realize that the customer in front of her was none other than Jihyo, with her sisters. 

“I won Uno! Take that baldie ” Dahyun cries to Nayeon after coming out of the room, Only to be met by a frozen Nayeon. 

----------------

HEY!

I'm very new to this so i'm sorry for any incorrect grammar jklghseli I wrote this when I was wide awake procrastinating at 3am and you can probably tell my usage of symbols are all over the place so all correction/critiques are welcome. I also wrote this half about me and my friends (and crush), half i made up so yeah (: idk what to say bye ily