Prologue

My Husband's Lover

"Everything alright back there, Miss?"

Wearing a beautiful white dress, silk gloves, and a veil, the bride stared out the window blankly. Today on her big day, she seemed less than excited. Tuning back into reality, she stared at her chauffer who looked on from his rear view mirror.

"Yes, I'm fine. Just a bit concerned about the weather..."

The sky gradually became overtaken by cumulonimbus clouds. Thunder roared ferociously through the sky. The chauffer drove faster, in hopes that the two could make it before the storm erupted.

Meanwhile at the wedding chapel, the groom waited patiently for his bride at the alter. All the seats in the chapel were filled with guests: Family members, friends, and even higher ups of big shot companies. The minister patiently waited on the altar, and the guests murmured amongst one another.

"Sir, your betrothed has not shown up yet. Shall we..."

"No, Father. My betrothed will show up...Please have faith in her and our God that she may show up soon..." The groom assured the minister. As he uttered his statement, he looked down on the ground.

Moments later, the groom looked up and saw a black limousine park in front of the entrance. The chauffer exited the driver's side and opened the door for the bride. Thunder roared once more, and a slight shower grew into a torrential downpour. The bride slowly exited the vehicle, bouquet in hand. The bride gracefully walked to the entrance, despite the rain dampening her pearl white dress. The guests stood from their seats and gazed upon the bride. Even with the bride drenched, her true beauty lit up the chapel. The reverend played the wedding march on his pipe organ and the choir sang gloriously in honor of the bride. The groom smiled at the sight of his betrothed who slowly made her way to the altar. Once the bride reached altar, the groom joined his hands with hers. The two stared lovingly into each other's eyes. The minister opened his bible and the guests sat back down once the reverend finished his song.

"Dearly beloved, we have gathered here today..." The minister began his sermon and each guest smiled at the sight of two lovers, joining together in holy matrimony. 

"...If anyone can show just cause why this couple cannot lawfully be joined together in matrimony, let them speak now or forever hold their peace..."

"I object!"

A male voice roared through the chapel. The couple, the minsiter and the guests turned to the entrance and saw a tall man in a suit, drenched in rain. He had the look of pain, painted on his face, as tears streamed down. The bride, stunned and mouth agape, looked upon her groom. The groom had a look of sadness on his face as he saw the man standing before the crowd. The minister nodded.

"Young man, why do you object this ceremony? Why do you not wish for these two to join their hearts together in the eyes of God?" The minister's voice echoed through the chapel.

"...I still have feelings for that man...I always have, and my feelings shall not fade. Even if he dare not choose me..." The man sobbed and fell to his knees.

The groom shed a single tear from his eye, and the bride's unwavering gaze shifted toward the young man.

How can this be right, when you're not by my side. Should we give up, or should we try? Tell me this is not goodbye...