Afternoon Breeze

Excuses, Excuses

**was written during oneiric era

 


 

 

 

 

“Shouldn’t you be in class?” Chaewon smiles as she leans against the wall of the building, her hands shoved into her pocket and her eyes softly staring at the brunette who was peacefully resting against the wall in front of her.

 

“Shouldn’t you?” Hitomi simply replies, her gaze just as soft as Chaewon’s as she stares at the older girl. The brunette pats the empty spot beside her, dusting off the remnants of crumpled, dry leaves when she sees Chaewon slowly make her way towards her. With Chaewon comfortably settling into the spot; her back pressed against the wall and her posture slightly skewed towards Hitomi, the brunette takes the chance to lean her head on the bob haired girl’s shoulder, taking in a deep breath before letting out a satisfied sigh.

 

“So, why did you call me out here, Hitoma?” Chaewon questions quietly as she moves to entangle their fingers, taking a firm hold of the brunette’s hands within her own. She feels Hitomi nuzzle closer, almost latching onto her needily.

 

“I needed a cuddle buddy.”

 

Chaewon can’t help but smile at the words. Hitomi was never one to be straight forward; and especially not with her feelings. The only times Chaewon has ever heard the smaller girl be straight forward was when she was casually dragging one of their friends through the dirt with one of her infamous smart-mouthed replies. For Hitomi to be so calm and collected yet still be able to be honest and curt with her feelings was rare and Chaewon wants to think of it as a personal win and that it just means the brunette has grown to be a lot more comfortable around her.

 

“And you chose me?”

 

“Is it wrong for me to want to cuddle with my girlfriend?”

 

Chaewon smiles at the casual, snide remark and leans her own head against Hitomi’s; the gentle peach scent the brunette’s hair omitted reaching her, sending slight shivers down her spine.

 

“Well, no but your girlfriend is in her last year and has exams rolling up soon.” Chaewon slowly pulls their intertwined hands towards her, placing a chaste kiss on to the back of the brunette’s palm before settling it back down to where it had been laying earlier, her thumb continuing to lazily make its runs against the back of Hitomi’s hand.

 

“And yet she still came to my rescue when I called.” Hitomi’s answer comes lazily, humming as a slight breeze blows past them; the warm feeling as if it was acting a blanket. “And I love her for it.” A kiss to the junction of Chaewon’s jaw later and the brunette was already dozing off on the older girl’s shoulder, the hand in Chaewon’s own falling limp as the girl delved deeper into her much needed slumber.

 

It didn’t come to a surprise when Chaewon found the brunette sleeping; after all, the girl had been consistently texting her up until 1 am for the past week straight. Unlike her, Hitomi had always cherished and needed a decent amount of sleep to function through the day; at least needing about 6 hours. The reason the younger has been awake until such hours Chaewon doesnt know but she can’t help but be a little worried about the younger girl.

 

“I guess I’ll ask her when she wakes up…”

 


 

this was a warm up drabble so just ignore how ty it is