Chapter 2

Take me to the sky

The smell of bacon and the sound of rain is what I wake up to the next morning. I fell asleep on the couch and they put a blanket over me. I slowly open my eyes and see Jungkook sitting at the table reading over a book. He lifts it and I see it's a spell book. Jin stands over the oven frying the bacon and flipping pancakes. I get up and walk towards the kitchen and see Namjoon standing over the sink looking out at the rain. 

"She really does love you." He says quietly but I still hear him. 

"She promised." I whisper. 

He turns and looks at me with a smile. I return the smile and walk over to him. He wraps his arms around me in a tight hug as I watch rain drops fall from the roof onto the window. Its beautiful and calming. Namjoon holds me even tighter. 

"You doin ok?" He asks and I nod. 

"Better." I say. 

"Even though she's gone, it's still our job to protect you ok? Don't be afraid to tell us things. Nothing has changed." 

It's that comment, I know he hadn't meant anything by it, a wrong phrasing, but its that comment 'Nothing has changed' that has me moving h is arms from around me. 

"Everything has changed Namjoon. Our protector isn't here anymore." 

"I didn't..." He starts and looks down "I know it's different without her... She was just gone all the time and it..." 

"Stop. Everything is different without her. Don't try telling me things..." 

He grabs my shoulders and I flinch afraid of his actions. 

"She wasn't just your mother either Arysta Anne. She was ours too. I know that things are different. You don't think I am afraid to look at you and tell you things aren't different. I'm terrified." 

I look in his eyes. Its the slight tearing up that has me leaning forward and pressing my head to his chest. He holds me tight and runs his hands across my hair. 

"Arysta I know its gonna be hard. But the 8 of us are inseperable ok?" 

I nod and turn to Jin who has just finished the breakfast. 

"Eat up" He says and I smile. 

Breakfast goes by silently. All of us are too busy eating the delicious breakfast our eldest brother has made, and listening to the calming rain, to say anything. Its weird looking at my brothers and seeing how much they have changed. The one that stands out the most is Jungkook. His once cute and babyish charms have dissapeared. The brother before me is a man. He looks up and catches me staring in awe and chuckles a bit. I blush and turn back to my food. 

I walk to my room and grab clothes out of my drawers. A grey and green California top, light colored jeans with gigantic holes in the knees and my silver combat boots. I quickly change before one of the boys decides to barge in. As soon as I'm changed I walk into the bathroom and put my hair in a messy bun and apply a bit of makeup. I stand in the mirror realizing that i don't have much use for looking pretty anymore. With my limited amount of socialization that I'll have, and my brothers always protecting me, its uselss really. But I still do it, out of habit I suppose. 

I walk into the living room where Jimin and Yoongi lie next to each other looking over spell books. Namjoon and Jin are conversing quietly in the dining room. Tae and Jungkook pour over the comic books Mom bought for them just last week. I look around trying to find my other brother. He isn't anywhere in sight. 

I turn back and walk down the hallway to the shared room Namjoon, Jin and Hobi are in. I peek my head in and see him lying on the bed, drawing over his scars with a teal pen, a practice I had seen him do several times. He hated the scars he was born with, the ones that appeared afterwards were worse. He had been taking pens for years and drawing up and down his arms. Lately they had been shades of blue. 

I knock on the doorway. He turns and faces me, his caramel skin glows with the sun coming through the window, his dark eyes shine as I smile at him. 

"Can I come in?" 

He nods and I walk towards his bed and sit down next to him. 

"You doing ok Ary?" He asks as he goes back to drawing. 

"I could ask the same about you." I say and grab his hand to make him stop drawing for a minute. 

"I'm fine Ary." He says and jerks his hand back to himself. 

"You don't seem fine Hobi. You know I can see right through the bull that you play?" At this point I sound more hostile than I mean to be. 

"Yeah and I can see right through the bull you play with Namjoon and Taehyung alright? You think you're fooling them, you aren't fooling me." 

I look down at my hands and begin to rake my nails across them. He reaches over and grabs my hand and pulls it towards him. 

"There's so much I want to tell you, so much that you don't understand about us. Trust me Ary if I could take you from this I would." 

I hold his hand as he leans forward and presses his forhead against mine. His breathing is low and shallow. I look down at his arms and see that a new scar has appeared but it's ripped open and he's bleeding profusely. 

"Hobi..." i barely say without choking on my words. He doesn't respond. 

"Hobi!" His eyes are closed but he's still breathing, barely. 

"Taehyung help!" i scream out as I clutch Hobi's hand even harder. "Help! Hobi's bleeding!" 

Hobi falls back onto the bed, the sheets are stained with the red liquid that pours out of his arm like rain. His pulse is barely there, his breathing worse. I begin to cry. Every sound is blocked out and it takes Taehyung, Jungkook and Namjoon everything they have to rip his hand from me. I'm screaming and kicking as they carry me out of the room. Taehyung throws me on the bed and puts a pillow over my face to get me to stop screaming. Just as I'm about to pass out from suffocation the pillow is removed and I can see the bright light and Taehyung standing over me. He pets my hair softly and myself into his arms as he holds me tightly. 

"It'll be ok Ary." He says with the calmest voice he can muster. 

Hours later Jin comes into my room, blood covers his hands. I look up at him. This might be the end. 

"He's fine. He lost a lot of blood but if he rests he'll be ok. We just need to watch him and make sure that this doesn't happen again ok? He's sleeping now. I think you should be the first face he sees when he wakes up Ary." 

I nod and stand up from my bed. I push past Tae and Jin and make my way through to Hobi's room. 

I look inside the door before entering. He's sound asleep. His arm is relatively clean, a few spots where blood is caked. His sheets are still stained with blood and I want to take them off and clean them but I know I won't have the chance for a while. Instead I just watch his chest as he breathes normally. I go in and kneel down beside him and push his dark hair out of his face. He's beautiful, always has been. Mom used to admire his looks. Said one day he could be a model. Even now I can remember how when we were young she would let him pick out his own clothes, he had a knack for fashion. 

"Oh Hobi..." i whisper. "I love you." 

I press my forehead to his and just lie there with him so close to me. I feel an arm around me pulling me closer, a hand on my face and when I pull back long enough I see his eyes flutter open. His lips touch mine softly and I breathe him in. He pulls away. 

"I love you too." he whispers before he falls back asleep leaving me alone with my own thoughts.