With Open Arms (Part 1)

STORIES FOR ONCES (requesting ideas)

"How was your day today?"

"I woke up with Ray, walked with him in the garden, and worked on a jigsaw puzzle, and....."

Momo loved this. She loved how her face glowed up when talking about the things she loved (being with Ray, completing a jigsaw puzzles, building lego sets, and although her jealously rose up a bit, her love for the mighty tomato sauce). Her tone got automatically higher, her voice louder and her speaking faster. It didn't matter that it was a mix of Korean and Japanese because it was rare that Momo got to see her this excited. Although she couldn't physically be there, Facetiming her ketchup loving penguin girlfriend every two days was more than enough. They could've called everyday but they had agreed together that it would be difficult considering Momo's work schedule that already didn't allow her to sleep much and upon Momo's consideration that the precious girlfriend need time and space for herself. 

"Momo? Baby?" The screen showed a pouting Mina who was starting to worry about the spaced-out Momo.

"Momo? You ok? I think you need to get more rest" 

Upon hearing Mina's worried voice, Momo, as if struck by something, immediately came back to Earth.

"No, I'm ok. I was just spacing out because you're too beautiful. And I love how cute you are being happy and excited like this"

Mina blushed, even after 3 years of dating, still not used to Momo's direct and pure compliments.

Suddenly, Mina put on a more serious face and started to fidget. The atmosphere suddenly turned tense. Momo notices and asks her, "Hey what's wrong? Anything on your mind?" After a few moments, Mina slowly starts in a whispered voice, "I'll go back on the stage starting next month."

Momo, who had dearly missed her dancing partner, could not believe this. She was happy about being able to perform side by side with her after such a long time but she was also suspicious why she suddenly made a huge decision like that. She knew that there were plenty of harsh comments on the internet especially upsetting ones about her penguins like "She's too quiet, she doesn't stand out, her existence isn't obvious in the group" to which she would shout out to the whole world except the fact the company would definitely hold her back, "When she does get comfortable, she's talkative and funny, when she dances she is mesmerizing, charismatic, and elegant, and her voice is of an angel if you listen to her lines carefully!". Holding back her obviously excited expression, Momo asks, "Are you sure? If you're 100% sure and want to come back, I fully support you and help you all the way. But, if you are not, it's okay to keep resting. The girls and I are patient to wait for you to feel perfectly happy and comfortable enough to perform again. I'm just worried if someone forced you to feel obligated to come back."

Understanding why Momo might be worried about (she reads stuff online, she knows what anti-fans are saying), she reassures, "No, it's not about the negative comments and stuff. I've been thinking lately. It been about 5 months since I performed on the stage. I feel like I should come back soon or else I might stay like this until I'm a grandma." 

"Are you sure? I'm excited to be dancing with you again, but you're certain you want to do this?" 

"Yes I'm sure, I miss dancing with the 9 of us. I miss the stage, the fans, the thrill of performing with you by my side." Mina concluded.

Taking a deep breath, realizing that this is real, Momo puts on the biggest smile on her face. "I'm here for you 100%. I'll show you all the dances we have planned. I'll tell all the girls you're ready to come back first thing tomorrow. Hehe, I'm so glad to see you in front of me again." 

"Me too, I'll fly to the Osaka arena the day after tomorrow, visit your hotel room and we can fly back together the day after. Do you mind if I bring my luggage to your room?"

"Not at all, I'm so excited!" 

Both of them smiling (Momo widely and Mina's gummy smile), they forgot about the time, passing almost three in the morning. Knowing that Momo had another full day rehersal tomorrow for the Osaka concert, they bid goodbye and went to sleep. The sky was a navy blanket clear of clouds and full of tiny bright stars.