Yours

Yours
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Yeah of course, I won’t be asking you about my acting, what’s the use of asking when I know you never watch my stuff?”

Kiara bit her lower lip and stood by the door way in silence. The man sitting on the couch changed the channel on the TV and stood up. “Here, now you can watch whatever you want. I won’t ever be asking you to watch my drama again.” He threw the remote control onto the couch and walked in to his room to bang the door behind him.

The girl sighed and quickly ran to the closed door. “Kyungsoo!” she banged on the door. “I didn’t say I don’t wanna watch your drama! It’s just... those parts with her are just...” she bit her lip again and sighed.

The door opened and Kyungsoo stood there, one hand resting on his hip and the other on the door frame. “Getting jealous about someone I act with? Just because I kissed her?” he raised an eyebrow at her. “Does that even make sense Park Kiara?”

Kiara’s eyes widened behind her glasses. “Is kissing some girl that simple to you? Don’t you feel the slightest guilt?” she asked, now at the verge of tears. “Are all celebrities like this Kyungsoo?”

Kyungsoo heaved a sigh this time, and the hand on his hip came up to brush through his raven hair. “You started dating me very well knowing I’m a celebrity and will be doing such things in my career all the time! And seriously Kiara? How old are you? I’m fed up all this whining from you every single day, sulking about me being with girls in dramas. What’s this? Should I act with men then? Will that do?”

Kiara watched his face reddening with anger, and tears started forming in her eyes in the end. “I’m just telling I don’t wanna watch your kissing scenes! What’s wrong with your girlfriend being jealous for such a thing?” she whined in a trembling voice.

He stared at her in silence for a while, and suddenly leaned forward to put his arm around her waist and pull her towards him. She gasped with his sudden action as her palms collided with his chest.

“So kissing? Is that the only problem you’ve got?” he asked in a low mutter. “Fine. Here you go then.” He enclosed the space between their faces, bringing his lips to barely brush over hers. “Stop being jealous over such trivial things.” He said, his plump lips almost touching hers. “Jealous girls are not my type.”

He tilted his head pressing his lips against hers, but in an instant, she turned her face away, making his lips brush over her cheek. “Then I’m not your type Do Kyungsoo.” She said monotonously. He drew his head back and glared at her. “I’m leaving.” She released herself from his hold, straightened her sweater and walked away from him, until she was straight out of his apartment, closing the front door behind her.

If she hadn’t closed the door, she would have heard him scoff at first and then bang his fist on the door in rage.

 

* * * * * * * *

 

“Aren’t you really gonna tell me who this man of yours is?” Chanyeol rubbed his temples and rolled over his bed, balancing his phone on his ear and freeing both is hands to hug a pillow. “Yah Angel! What if you’re dating some scoundrel?” he snapped at his cousin.

“Geez oppa stop calling me Angel!” Kiara replied. She only liked hearing her pet name from Kyungsoo, but the very thought of him made her frustrated just now. “He’s not a scoundrel, he has a good job and lives a decent life.” She mumbled into the phone.

“So why the hell can’t you tell me what his career is? Forget the career, at least tell me his name will you?” Chanyeol said glaring, as if his glare was visible to the girl at the other end.

Kiara pursed her lips. Both she and Kyungsoo had agreed to keep their relationship a complete secret from everyone, at least until he gains a stable position in the industry. And even more, Kiara was afraid to tell her cousin that she was dating one of his own group members, fearing that he might go ballistic about it and ruin things between them. Because of that fear, she even kept the fact that she was Chanyeol’s cousin secret, even from Kyungsoo. “Just... give me a little time oppa, I will introduce him to you very soon.” She said, and before he could snap at her again, she ended the call.

 

 

Kyungsoo hadn’t called in about two days. She knew very well how much he hated being stood up, and how much he hated when she ignored him. Yet she didn’t feel like visiting him or calling him, because through the whole time they were together, he never understood her jealousy, and she never could accept him being with actresses, she was now considering whether to continue their relationship like this or not. She loved him so much, and knew very well that she’s not at all able to let him go, but things were turning out for him to drift apart from her.

 

Her phone vibrated, and she looked at the message she just received.

Kyungsoo:

Let’s have dinner together. I’ll be going to Jeju tomorrow for shooting and won’t be back for a whole week. So let’s meet in an hour.

 

* * * * * * * *

 

Kiara stepped out of her apartment and walked towards the elevator, but before she could press any button, the elevator arrived at her floor and opened.

“Oppa?”

Chanyeol darted out of it, and caught the girl by her shoulders. “Angel I’m in trouble! If any reporter arrives here, tell them you saw no one okay?” he said in a great hurry, and even before she could ask further questions, he ran along the passage and quickly disappeared into her apartment.

Kiara stood there for a while trying to comprehend what just happened. But as the elevator door closed and it started going down again, she heaved a sigh and turned to walk back to her apartment.

She walked in and closed the door. “Oppa what happened?” she asked the guy who was already sprawled on her sofa and panting. “Why are reporters after you? And why here of all places?”

“I was downstairs, visiting Yoona noona.” He answered, staring at the ceiling. “It’s just because I was passing by her place! But those stupid rumours... why the hell would they think I’m dating Im Yoona?” and I don’t know where those reporters suddenly popped up from, they just started chasing me like I were a murder suspect or something!” he raised his hands in a hopeless manner and flopped again on the sofa.

“You should be more careful oppa!” Kiara said. “That rumour is quite a hot topic these days; you should have known they were after you all the time!”

“Ah...molla!” Chanyeol wailed. “Oh Angel were you going out? I brought you back in.” He suddenly raised his head from the sofa and asked. “Yeah, was gonna meet a friend.” Kiara replied in a mutter.

“Then leave. I’m alright here by myself.” Her cousin grinned. “Have good time with you namchin then.” He added with a cheeky wink which made the girl turn red and leave the apartment in silence.

 

* * * * * * * *

 

Kyungsoo looked at his watch for the umpteenth time. And his eyes travelled again to the entrance of the restaurant, and he bit his inner cheek suppressing his anger. Just then a girl in an orange midi dress appeared, and she came in quick steps to take a seat in front of him. “I’m sorry Kyungsoo. Something urgent came up. Did you wait for long?” she asked.

“Whatever.” He replied, the frown he had never leaving his face. “I’m leaving early tomorrow morning. So can’t hangout for long.” He leaned forward to press his elbows on the table. “What shall we order?”

Kiara stayed silent for a while. “Who else are joining you? Is the lead actress also going?” she finally looked up and asked timidly.

Kyungsoo heaved a sigh and looked at her. “Are we at the same thing again? Wont this ever end Kiara?”

She shook her head at once. “Aniya, it’s alright. I’m just asking...” she mumbled casting her eyes downwards. Kyungsoo put back the menu he took into his hands, and leaned back on his seat. “We can’t do this forever Kiara.” He stated after remaining silent for a few seconds. “If you won’t understand how my life and career goes on, I have nothing to do but give up on you.” he said looking straight into her eyes. And she stared back at him, her eyes widening as much as possible, unable to comprehend what she had just heard. “Go home safely.” He stood up from the table and went out of the cafe, leaving her alone in there.

 

* * * * * * * *

 

“When did Kyungsoo return to the dorm?”

Baekhyun walked into the kitchen and asked Minseok, who was busy doing the dishes after dinner. The oldest shook his head and looked at Baekhyun. “Is he in? I didn’t see.”

“He seemed a bit weird.” Baekhyun said thoughtfully. “Just walked into the room and banged the door close, and even locked it! He didn’t even open it for Junmyeon hyung.”

Minseok craned his neck to look at the room which still had the door locked. “Maybe he fought with his girlfriend or something. They’ve been having problems all the time.” he stated and turned back to his chore. Baekhyun tilted his head, thinking hard about the situation, which he never had a clue about. “He never even tells us he’s dating someone. Let alone her identity. If it wasn’t for Jongdae who saw him hugging her at the gate, no one would still know he’s seeing someone. Such a professional celebrity he is.” He grinned and sat at the kitchen table. “Hyung don’t we have any ice cream left?”

 

 

“Yah Kyungsoo! Open the door will you?” Junmyeon knocked at the door for the third time that night. And finally, the door unlocked from inside and opened halfway. Junmyeon opened the rest himself, and entered closing it behind him. “Fought with her again?” he asked seeing the frown on the youngster’s face.

Kyungsoo nodded curtly. “I’m thinking of breaking up hyung.” he muttered.

“WHY BREAK UP??? I THOUGHT YOU FOUND THE IDEAL ONE THIS TIME!!!”

Both Junmyeon and Kyungsoo jumped at the loud voice that boomed from the doorway. “Yah Park Chanyeol! Who opened the door for you!” Kyungsoo snapped at the guy standing leaned on the door-frame . And Chanyeol smirked in return. “Why would anyone else open the door for me when it’s my room? And who said you can call me by my name when I’m your hyung?” he stuffed his hands in his ripped jeans pockets and walked in. “Just a little quarrel and you gonna break up?”

Kyungsoo sighed and sat on his bed. “What else can I do if she won’t stop whining about me being with fellow female artists? I mean, does that even make any sense?”

Chanyeol flopped on the bed beside Kyungsoo, lying flat on his back and stared at the ceiling. “She’s jealous because she loves you Kyungsoo-yah! Is it that hard to understand?”

“Is it that hard for her to understand that this is my job? And nothing else?” Kyungsoo asked in return.

Chanyeol sighed. “I don’t know what’s wrong with all these couples. All are fighting tonight.” He said still staring at the ceiling.

“Why, who else had a quarrel?” Junmyeon asked, looking curious.

“My cousin. You haven’t met her hyung. She’s been dating some punk and they too had some argument today, she came home crying her eyes out and even refused my comforting.”

Junmyeon smiled at his reply and turned back to Kyungsoo. “Just be good to her will you? We all know you’ve been feeling less stressed and happy ever since you started seeing her, so don’t give up on her that easily. It’s not easy to find the right person, especially when you’re an idol.”

Kyungsoo heaved a sigh and lied on the bed beside Chanyeol. “You two haven’t even met her, but you’re taking her side instead of mine.” He grumbled. Chanyeol chuckled aloud and slapped on the pillow next to him, being careful not to slap Kyungsoo like he usually did with other members. “That’s because we know how hard it must be for her, to date a little devil like you.” he laughed out loud, his voice resonating through the whole dorm.

“Yah Chanyeol! Yongmin hyung is asleep!” Junmyeon hissed at him.

 

* * * * * * * *

 

“Thank you everyone for your hard work! And take this two days break and rest well, and we’ll continue on Monday!”

The director greeted everyone with a cheery wave, as the drama crew was about to spread up in the airport after returning from Jeju after a long session of shooting. Kyungsoo too, bowed to everyone and left the place, and walked out with his manager.

 

“Hyung I have to drop by somewhere. You can go to the dorm, and I’ll be there soon.” Kyungsoo said as they drove past the building where Kiara conducted classes for middle school students. His manager nodded in reply, and pulled over the van for him to get off. He put on a black cap and his black mask, and got off the van and waved them off. And he walked into the building, to head straight to the staff room where he knew she was in.

The young teacher was sitting at a table, busy marking some answer sheets, and she looked up hearing the sound of someone entering the room. He clearly saw her eyes rounding in surprise, as her glasses had slid halfway down her nose. “Hey,” he muttered an awkward greeting and walked up to her. She looked up at him, remaining silent.

“Wanna have ramyeon with me?”

The girl remained silent, not wanting to reply him. “Look here Kiara,” Kyungsoo dragged a chair closer and sat on it, and took off his mask and the cap. Leaning forward, his elbows pressed on his knees. “I’m trying to make things better between us, because I don’t want to let go of you. And you perfectly know that too! So can’t you just give me a chance? I’m saying this because we both have our own flaws.”

Kiara bit her inner cheek and sighed in silence. “Let’s go then, I don’t have classes this evening.”

 

 

 

They walked out of the building, the idol wearing his cap and mask again. She walked a several steps behind her as usual, not to make it obvious that they were a couple. He stopped after walking a few meters, and waited for her to catch up with him. “Come here, lets walk hand in hand.” He reached out for her hand, which she was about to gladly accept, when they heard his name being called in a foreign accent.

“Do Kyungsoo? Is that you?”

Both of them turned around, and saw a girl with somewhat foreign look coming to them in quick steps. “Kyungsoo lowered his mask and gave her a bright smile. “Hey Nancy, when did you return to Korea?” he asked holding out his hand. The girl ignored his hand and flung her arms around him, pulling him into a tight hug.

“I came for Mark’s graduation, and I won’t be staying here for longer.” She said as they draw back. “Shall we have coffee? I heard you’re so busy these days, so I won’t be able to catch you again if I let you go this time.” she said beaming at him.

Kyungsoo went silence for a moment. “Are you busy now Kyungsoo?” the girl asked, peeking at the girl standing behind him. “Who’s this? Were you having an appointment with her?” she asked curiously.

“Ah. No Nancy it’s not like that.” he blurted out. The foreign girl widened her eyes and a grin spread over her face at once. “Is this your girlfriend?”

 

“No Nancy!” he said right away. “She’s an SM trainee, I saw her on my way and just spoke, that’s all.” He turned to Kiara and quickly mouthed the words ‘I’m sorry I have to leave’. And he said out aloud; “I’ll be leaving then.”

And without even waiting for her response, he set off along the street with his friend, leaving her alone on the street.<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter