Prologue

PSYCHO

The boy stood there staring at the building that looked like it was built in 1940 or even before that.  The marbles were now yellow in colour, only having little patches of white in middle.  The rusty, iron gate made a cringing noise when his parents pushed it open.

The boy looked at the old trees that stood proud without having any traces of leaves.  The dried leaves made crunching noises when he made his way inside along with his parents who were following a bald man.  He didn't think the man's name was important enough to remember. 

When he came a little inside, he saw children playing idly with the little supply of toys they had received.  He didn't take much time to observe them as he was dragged inside an office with his parents on his tail.

"Welcome Mr. and Mrs. Oh.  Mr. Kim had already told me your reason to be here; however, I would like to hear the reason from you.  I am Daisy and in charge of this orphanage."  The lady in her mid-fifties politely said with a commanding undertone that could not be ignored.  The boy just stared at her for a minute before losing his interest in the old hag.

"Nice to meet you, Madame.  Our boy, Sehun, is a mute.  He is already five years-old and hasn't said a word yet—not even a sound.  We haven't seen him cry ever.  The doctors think it's because he has selective mutism as his vocals seem pretty much normal.  We were very disappointed when we came to know that.  With my wife being pregnant, we don't have enough time to take care of such child.  Mr. Kim is a very good friend of mine, so he suggested we leave him here."  Mr. Oh explained while wiping the sweat beads that formed on his forehead.  The old lady stared at the rounded belly of Mrs. Oh who seemed five to six months pregnant. 

The lady looked at the boy who had this dangerous glint in his eyes that the lady could not help but cower a bit away.  Illegal stuff was common for their orphanage, so it took only an hour to get over with the paper work.  Now that boy was officially orphan and his parents no more had any right over him.

Mrs. Oh looked at her child with teary eyes.  As much as she did not want to leave him there, she did not have much of a choice as her husband practically threatened her.  Mr. Oh might seem like a gentleman from outside, but only she knew what a monster he was inside.  Once he was drunk, he could easily forget anything in the world along with his humanity.

She always knew Se-hun was a special child who needed more attention; however, he threatened to end her along with Se-hun if she did not get rid of the child soon.  He might not have told her but she knew her husband received a huge amount of money from Mr. Kim as she saw a suitcase full of money in their closet the other day.

Even though she was afraid of what might happen to Se-hun, anywhere was better than living with his monster of a father.

Finally it was time for them to leave.  Mrs. Oh kissed Sehun's forehead for the last time and hurriedly left before she would breakdown in front of him.

"Don't be a brat..  They won't treat you nicely and remember this ain't your home.."  Mr. Oh hissed under his teeth as he hugged his son.

"That place was never my home."  As those words left from his mouth, Mr. Oh looked at him, flabbergasted as well as Daisy.

His father just gaped at him with wide eyes as the 'mute' son of his told his first sentence without stuttering.

He could not take him back now as he had already signed the papers.  Not that he wanted to anyway.

He could not deal with a weirdo of a child now as he was going to have another addition to his family.  There was no way he would let go of all the money just to show fatherly affection.  The way Sehun spat those words he, even though being an adult, was frightened a bit.

For the last time, he just glared at him before leaving the place with the intention of never coming back.

Daisy took a minute to compose herself before her authorative aura returned.  She stared at the boy with narrowed eyes, trying to figure him out but was surprised when the boy returned the favour with same intensity. 

"Don't give me the attitude boy!  All my life I have been dealing with brats.  I would advise to keep your tantrums to yourself or else you would not want to know the punishment."  Daisy told him in a stern voice that usually would make a child afraid to death or a crying mess; however, Sehun only gave her a smile that sent chills through her old body.

Sehun took steps forward in her direction and Daisy unconsciously started taking steps backward until her back hit the wall.

Sehun offered the lady a hand for handshake, surprising the old woman.  She cautiously stared at the hand before shaking his hand with her trembling one.

The handshake started as friendly as others at first.  Then the lady's face twisted in pain as Sehun held her hand a little too tightly for her comfort. 

"You see Daisy.."  Sehun started and the lady trembled in fear hearing the way he said her name, "the thing is not what I would not want to know but more important is what I want you to know.  Accidents happen on a daily basis.. you could fall from staircase or slip in bathroom or get stabbed in your sleep and not even notice.  Now you would not want to go through that in this age, would you?"  Sehun asked while making his hold tighter as he saw the lady struggling to free her hand.  The ignorance to his question made him angry as the lady didn't show any sign to answer. 

"Would you?"  This time his voice raised an octave higher as his hold was now enough to break Daisy's hand.

"No-no, I wouldn't!"  The lady stuttered out, clutching her hand to her chest as soon as it got freed. 

A satisfied smile played on Sehun's lips and never in her life has Daisy had found the smile of a child this dangerous.

"Good.  Now don't worry about me, I am going to get familiar with the place.  You should just be careful of accidents."  Sehun said, stressing on the word accident as Daisy audibly gulped in fear.

He gave an exaggerated parting wave towards Daisy before leaving the room like he was the owner of the place.

Daisy exhaled the breath she didn't know she was holding this whole time. The boy was giving her that paranoid feeling and she could practically feel the danger oozing out of him.

That moment, she realised no one would be safe here anymore.  Not that they ever were in the first place, but now in the orphanage resided a demon.  A demon dangerous like no other and afraid of nothing.

"Oh God!  Have mercy on us!  Send us an angel to fight this demon!"  Daisy sent a mental prayer to the Almighty as she slumped on her office chair. 

What she didn't know was this time the angel could do nothing to save them as the angel would be one of the victims of this demon.  This time, the demon would not run away from the angel but the angel would become his obsession and he would be her psycho.

 

 

A/N:so I know I am taking long to post the chapter but I will post it soon..Hope you guys like the prologue and get a little info about Sehun. Please comment your opinion below :)