*Chapter One*

Damage

“Yeah mom I’m about to go into my first class, I’m really excited!” Kyungsoo lied through clenched teeth.

“I truly think college is going to be an amazing, fresh start for you honey!”  

Kyungsoo let out a long, aggravated sigh as he hung up the phone. He never understood why his mom believed college was going to somehow cure him of social anxiety, if anything it seemed as though it may get worse. Kyungsoo was now dropped in a completely new environment, with people he has never seen before. Only having his roommate and best friend since kindergarten to lean on.

    Kyungsoo gripped the straps of his backpack until his knuckles turned white and scurried into the classroom with his head down. He was hoping that his English class would be a lecture, then he could easily hide in the back among the hundreds of students and not stand out in the slightest. The poor boy was never that lucky. The classroom seemed even smaller than the ones back at his high school and only had five round tables with computer chairs placed all around. He quickly claimed a seat in the very back corner and hid behind his laptop screen, staring at the syllabus the professor had emailed to everyone as if it was the most interesting thing he had ever seen. More students began to stumble in one by one, most of them confused and nervous freshmen just like Kyungsoo. The professor eventually entered and announced the beginning of the class. A small smile broke out on Kyungsoo’s face when he realized no one had sit next to him and he would be free to relax for the remainder of the hour and a half class. That was until one last student began to enter. He walked in with confidence and gave the professor a cheeky smile.

“Kim Jongin, you’re late.” The professor groaned.

“I know, I know. Traffic was crazy.” The man shrugged.

“I doubt it.” The professor rolled her eyes and turned towards the rest of the class. “Students, this is Kim Jongin, our class’s TA. If you are ever struggling or missed notes he is the person to go to.”

The man smiled and waved at the class, having everyone practically swooning over his good looks and confidence. Kyungsoo stared at him wondering what it would be like to possess such a large amount of self-esteem. As Kyungsoo lost himself deep in his thoughts, he failed to realize the newly introduced TA was heading straight towards his table.

    Jongin pulled out the seat adjacent to Kyungsoo’s and made himself comfortable. He smiled at the boy and held his hand out to shake. The boy’s eyes widened in fear as he stared at the tan hand that was stretched out towards him. He gave Jongin a quick, awkward smile and nod before returning his gaze to his laptop screen. Jongin stared at his hand in confusion, maybe the boy next to him was a germaphobe?

    The class continued without a hitch, Jongin didn’t want to distract the new student next to him so he just zoned out as the professor droned on. He started wondering if the money was worth it, as sleep and boredom began to take over his brain.

“That’s all for today, I will see you all Wednesday morning.” The professor stated before she left from the room first. Jongin began packing up his stuff and noticed the student next to him was all packed up, yet he wasn’t leaving. Jongin was confused at first, but figured the boy probably had questions for him but wasn’t sure how to ask. Jongin smiled cockily to himself. Freshmen’s helplessness made them quite cute.

“Did anything about class confuse you today?” Jongin turned towards Kyungsoo.

The boy tensed, confused as to why he was being asked this.

“Uh, I-I don’t believe so.”

“It’s ok if you’re confused,” Jongin winked. “I won’t tell anyone.”

Jongin felt his confidence rising. Everyone else bowed down to his attractiveness and swooned over how “kind” he was. This lucky boy was getting special one on one time with THE Kim Jongin. He must be struggling to contain his excitement.

    In reality Kyungsoo was becoming highly agitated. Did this guy think he was the Earth’s gift to mankind? He had an obnoxious aura of cockiness surrounding him, and Kyungsoo wanted nothing more than to escape it.

“We only went over the syllabus.” Kyungsoo muttered.

“What?” Jongin asked, leaning in closer to the student.

Kyungsoo instantly leaned back, not wanting his private bubble further intruded on. His agitation was rising even higher and he knew he had to say something.

“I don’t have any questions. We only went over the syllabus and the books we need to order for the class.” Kyungsoo stated as firmly as he possibly could before rushing out of the room.

All this happened because he wanted to wait for the TA to leave first so he hopefully wouldn’t have to walk by him. He couldn’t tell who he was more angry at, the self-absorbed TA or himself.

    Jongin scoffed and rolled his eyes. That was the first time he tried to be helpful, or so he thought, and he was treated like a pest. Underclassmen were becoming more and more rude every year. Jongin’s mind just can’t seem to grasp why someone wouldn’t want his help and undivided attention. He was the most beautiful thing to ever grace this damned campus. He slung his backpack over his shoulder and calmed himself after he stood up. Once he felt ready enough, he did his best to look unbothered as he began to strut out of the room and down the hallway, shooting perfect smiles to everyone that waved or called out his name. He may have looked calm on the outside, but he still felt so irritated by the earlier interaction. He took out his phone and texted his best friend Suho

I need a drink wanna go party tonight?

Suho: Jongin….it’s a Monday night and the first week of classes.

You didn’t answer my question.

Suho: ….I’ll go

Kyungsoo let out a sigh of relief when he was finally back in his dorm. He threw on a pair of comfortable, baggy sweats and curled up in the covers of his bed. Eventually, he was drifting to sleep when he heard a loud creaking and felt his bed shake. He rolled his eyes and turned around to see Baekhyun standing on the ladder to his bed with a mischievous smile on his face.

“How long have you been here?” Kyungsoo groaned.

“I was perfecting my hair in the bathroom! Looks good right?” Baekhyun posed on the ladder for Kyungsoo, eliciting a small chuckle from the boy.

“It looks wonderful.”

“Good, because we are going to a party tonight.”

Kyungsoo instantly stopped laughing and glared at his best friend. There was no way in hell he was going to a party. He was already socially drained. All he wanted was to stay in, sleep, binge eat ramen, and maybe even watch a drama. Baekhyun instantly recognized the look on Kyungsoo’s face and knew he had no choice but to play dirty. He put the best pout he could muster on his face and laid his head on the bed near Kyungsoo’s legs.

“But Kyungsoooo! I heard the frat Chanyeol is in is having a huge first week opening party tonight and I would die if I missed it!”

“You’re still hung up on that guy?”

Kyungsoo sighed, Baekhyun had been obsessed with Chanyeol since their freshman year of high school. The boy was two years older than them and only spoke to Baekhyun ONCE when he thanked him for grabbing the water bottle he dropped in the cafeteria.

“Yes! I need my best friend’s support!” Baekhyun whined.

“No.” Kyungsoo turned over in his bed attempting to ignore his childish friend.

“I’ll buy you that gudetama notebook you were looking at.” Baekhyun smirked when Kyungsoo quickly turned back around. He knew the boy couldn’t resist his favorite character.

“Promise?” Kyungsoo raised an eyebrow suspiciously.

“Pinky Promise.”

    The amount of people in the small fraternity house was making Kyungsoo’s head spin. People were smashed next to each other like a can of sardines. He knew he shouldn’t have come, why must he be so weak to Baekhyun’s peer pressure? Said boy was having the time of his life, talking and dancing with everyone he met. Kyungsoo was always confused as to why they meshed so well together considering they were such different people. He doesn’t know what he would do without the loud boy in his life though, Baekhyun has been his rock throughout most of his life. And even more importantly he is understanding of Kyungsoo’s social anxiety. Although he tries to push Kyungsoo’s boundaries, he knows when to pull back and let the boy be true to his introverted self. Kyungsoo suddenly noticed how red Baekhyun’s face was, and it definitely wasn’t from the dancing. He pushed through clusters of rowdy college students to get to the center of the living room where Baekhyun was currently giggling uncontrollably.

“Baek are you drunk right now?”

“Whaaaat? No! I am perfectly fine.” Baekhyun continued to giggle.

“Stay here. I’m getting you some water you .” Kyungsoo ran off.

“Aye Aye Captain!” Baekhyun jokingly saluted.

`    Jongin was just slightly passed the tipsy stage, but not drunk. He always tried to hide the fact that he is secretly a massive lightweight when it came to drinking. He had already made out with five different girls before taking a quick break to pee and take a few more shots.

“I can’t believe your ego was so horribly bruised by an awkward freshmen.” Suho rolled his eyes and Sehun laughed.

“Listen you s. I am more disturbed by this guy’s lack of taste. How could he not take the opportunity I was so generously blessing him with?” Jongin downed another shot.

“I can’t tell if you have a god complex or secretly have the worst self esteem ever.” Sehun joked.

Jongin flipped him off before throwing back two more shots. Suho glanced at him worryingly.

Jongin looked up only to see the demon freshman on the other side of the kitchen. He rubbed his eyes, wondering if the vodka was making him hallucinate only to realize the boy was actually there.

“Speak of the ing devil.” Jongin smirked and headed straight towards the boy with two beers in his hand.

    Kyungsoo was scouring the room for a clean glass to fill some water, but it was more difficult than he was expecting. Everyone was crowding the kitchen and he to awkwardly shuffle past them during every attempt. He could already feel his face getting red with embarrassment every time he had to interact with another stranger. He suddenly felt a tap on his shoulder. He swung around, ready to scold a Baekhyun that he believed had drunkenly followed him. Instead he was met with the tall, beautiful, and painfully arrogant TA from the morning.

    “Funny running into you here,” Jongin plastered a fake smile on his face and held out one of the beers in his hand. “I got one for you.”

“I-I uh don’t drink” Kyungsoo frantically shook his hands in front of himself.

Jongin took that as an opportunity to shove the drink into the flustered boys hands. Kyungsoo quickly clung onto it, fearing he would spill it and bring attention to himself.

“Don’t be so nervous kid, you’re in college now. Everyone drinks.”

People began to look over at the boy and quietly chuckle, one of Kyungsoo’s nightmares. He quietly nodded and began to chug the drink, hoping to draw the attention away from himself.

Jongin could tell the boy was embarrassed, but he took it as karma for the student’s rude actions earlier. Jongin took a quick swig of his own beer before shooting Kyungsoo a drunk smile.

“There ya go kid, I’ll go get ya another.”

    Kyungsoo’s head was pounding, he felt as though his brain was about to explode. The boy had only experience a hangover once before and swore to never go near alcohol ever again. He obviously failed to uphold his promise to himself. He rubbed his temples and reluctantly opened his eyes, yet he didn’t see any of the posters he kept on the ceiling above his bunk. Infact, the ceiling was a dark gray instead of the usual dingy white he was becoming used to. He shot up and clutched his head, the quick movement making himself feel sick. It was in that moment he noticed that he was lacking a shirt, Kyungsoo never sleeps shirtless. He started to exam the room until his eyes fell upon the body of his TA in the bed next to. Kyungsoo gasped when he noticed he was also shirtless. His heart felt as though it was going to beat out of his chest as he slowly reached for the blankets. He lifted them up and to his dismay the man next to him was completely . Kyungsoo didn’t know what to do so he just followed his instincts and screamed.

 

Hey everyone!!! So I finally got chapter one up! Although this is totally gonna contain the usual amounts of fluff that I love writing, I was thinking of adding some more mature content. What do you guys think??? Thanks to everyone that has subscribed already to this story!!! I appreciate you all so much! I hope everyone is having a wonderful winter season so far, whether you celebrate the holidays or not!! See you guys next chapter~