READ IMPORTANT NOTICE 02/09/19

Don't Diss My Ability

Dear Reader,

 

I hate it when authors usually do this but I felt the need was necessary this time.

 

I have to postpone the production of this story for various reasons (expanded below). I want to thank you for waiting patiently this whole time and I must also apologise for bringing up false hope. If you have been following this story for long enough, you'd know that I haven't been able to keep up with the deadlines that I had set for myself. A solution to this would be the remove the deadlines but I have come up with a better one: I will upload all of the chapters in the same week. As for when, I cannot be sure but it could possibly a whole year from now due to:

 

1) This year I am graduating - I am quite young and am graduating from high school this year. Like all students, I have my final exams coming up mid-October and had some pretty important exams that I had throughout the year. Since I put my studies first, I really only had time to work on stories that were easier to write when tired - my linear stories. Although this story is linear, it is more like a game where each choice has a consequence and impact. I had thought the idea was cool and despite my planning couldn't rewrite each pathway without considering all the little details such as the 'what if's and the 'this could happen too's. This story is complex, the most complex that I have ever seen, and without detailed planning could all fall apart. I don't want it to fall apart so I kept postponing when I would work on it until it reached the point where I am at now - stuck.

 

2) Mental state - I am human (yes, I am not a godsent, I'm just human) and like other humans, I have my ups and downs. However, I also have been diagnosed with a mental illness and have been for a few years but it wasn't until recently that it had started to get to me again. I'm not putting this here for you to feel sympathy or empathy - this is a legitimate reason that has been hindering production. Although I have had editors, I don't put anything up until I am satisfied with it and my insecurities have gotten the better of me and caused me to delete all my plans. Without backups. I realise now how stupid that was but rebuilding takes time and I need more time to create a better story than the one I deleted. My mental illness has also been diminishing my motivation recently, even with my school work and studying for exams, and it's frustrating but I am also doing my best to overcome it. 

 

3) The choices - I am one person who is writing the outcomes of decisions that many people will have to choose between. It is not easy rewriting one scene, it's like spending months on a painting and then being asked to make a replica exactly the same way. It seems useless but the aim of the story is that you don't read all the outcomes at once. However, writing out the scenarios are different - I have to write as if I do not know about the other choices and that proves to be difficult since I don't get the reactions right. This is the reason that is delaying the production the most: in my final year of high school, I don't have time to sit and write out four outcomes of the same event in a week. 

 

Keeping all of that in mind, I will later add in all the chapters in the same week or maybe even day, depending if I can format them quick enough. However, that is all probably a year from now and very far away. I'm sorry I have kept you all waiting for so long. I thought you all deserved an explanation so here it is. I am always working on this story in the background and the main foundations are set - it's more of how the outcomes tie together at this point. Once I have a plan that is fully complete, I will write and write and write until my fingers are numb just to meet the deadline.

 

If it's not up on the 02/09/20, you all have permission to scream at me.

 

Yours sincerely,

SeaChelle623