KangTeuk: The Jokes on You

Tattoo on the Wrist Leads Right to the Heart

Mentions of ual harassment. 

Leeteuk is arriving at the indoor pool that he helps lifeguard for, he didn’t know exactly what to expect. He knows that something is being filmed and that there needed to be a lifeguard just in case something happens. When he gets inside the pool there are cameras set up around these catapults and he had a sinking feeling. What kind of filming was this? He sighs scratching his wrist where a tattoo is visibly written the initials KYW on his right wrist.

Each person had the initials of their true loves on their wrists, one was romantic true love and the other was meant to be their best friend. Leeteuk had already found a best friend probably in the most unlikely of places and to be honest he wouldn’t have picked him out but as they grew to know each other their bond and friendship grew stronger. He pulls up his sleeve to reveal a paled tattoo on his wrists with the initials KHC, which stood for Kim Heechul. He was a hairstylist and costume designer.

Leeteuk strips himself of his shirt walking over to the lifeguard duty post. He watched as people walked in and out of the locker-room. That’s when he sees him, his stomach producing butterflies but that soon turned to bitterness as the people around him start to catcall him.

“Whoa, lookin’ good, Kangin! Couldn’t find a more revealing bottom?” One of the men says staring at Kangin’s . Kangin tries to cover up but has hands all over his chest.

“Didn’t we tell you, new cast members are fresh meat. You, my dear boy, are the freshest we’ve ever had.” The man Leeteuk was assuming was the main host says. Leeteuk scoffs, fresh meat, who do these men, think they are? This was bordering on ual assault.

“Places everyone!” The director calls. Leeteuk watches as the host and other cast members disperse from the man named Kangin. Kangin slowly makes his way over to one of the catapults sitting on it his hands in his lap. Leeteuk grimaces, are they going to make him or catapult him into the water? They were in the wrong place; they should be on the other side where it wasn’t so shallow. A hundred things could go wrong depending on the force of this catapult. He must have zoned out because he hears the host talking into a microphone.

“Let’s have a demonstration shall we? Our newest cast member has oh so graciously volunteered.” The host says grinning. Before Kangin can even prepare the cast members push the button hard as Kangin is back into the water. The force of the catapult him back so hard that he hits his head on the bottom of the pool. Blood starts to make its way to the surface. Leeteuk leaps off the post into the water grabbing the heavy man to the surface. The camera crew starts to help pull Kangin out of the water. Leeteuk starts to do CPR pushing on Kangin’s chest.

“Come on! Come on, breath!” Leeteuk says. Kangin coughs sputtering water out of his mouth. “That’s it, that’s it. It’s alright, you are okay.” Leeteuk says. “Can you sit up for me? Get me a first aid kit and a cold compress, NOW!” Leeteuk shouts staring daggers into the other cast members and host who are in shock. “I’m Leeteuk. It’s alright, Kangin. Are you dizzy?”

“Why are you calling me Kangin?” He asks.

“I just…I thought that was your name.” Leeteuk says. Kangin shakes his head sitting up slowly.

“Names, Kim Young-Woon,” Kangin says. “Kangin is just my stage name.” Leeteuk blinks looking down at Kangin’s wrist his face full of shock. It was his initials on Kangin’s wrist, it looks as if the tattoo had just recently faded and reappeared given that Leeteuk’s name change was officially taken place a couple weeks prior. Kangin winces as he puts his hand on the back of his head. When he pulls it away, he looks down and it has blood on it his face goes pale. “Blood.”

“Yeah, you hit your head,” Leeteuk says. “Can you tell me if you are feeling dizzy at all? Nauseous?”

“No, none of those. Kind of stings.” Kangin says. He flinches as the host kneels down and hands Leeteuk the first aid kit.

“Hey, sorry, kid. We…we didn’t mean it.” The host says.

“Yeah, just like you didn’t mean to ually harass him just a minute ago? I plan on writing to your company and telling them what happened here. He could have had a concussion; he could have had brain damage. He could have died if I wasn’t here. Get out of my face before I lose my temper.” Leeteuk says. The host scoffs walking away.

“Thanks,” Kangin says.

“So you are a variety show actor then?” Leeteuk asks.

“And comedian,” Kangin says.

“Well, maybe you’d like to try some on me.” Leeteuk grins.

“Are you asking me out?” Kangin asks. Leeteuk blushes, Kangin takes one look at that smiling face, that cute adorable dimple appearing and he’s in love. Leeteuk holds out his wrist, Kangin looking down at it. He gulps as his initials are tattooed on that small pale wrist. “Is there…did you change your name recently?” Kangin asks looking down at his own wrist.

“I did. Used to be Park Jeong-Su.” Leeteuk says. Kangin blinks in shock. “Your wrist tattoo changed didn’t it?”

“Yeah, happened in the middle of the night when I was in the US visiting my best friend Kim Kibum. Hurt like a , I woke up to a horrible burn and I looked down and it was all red to the point where I couldn’t see it anymore. But it went away in a day and it had changed. I thought…I thought maybe because of what happened here that my true love changed. Because I wasn’t strong enough.” Kangin says. Leeteuk sniffles pulling Kangin into a hug. He had caused his true love pain, not only physical pain but mental and emotional pain as well. Just by changing his name. He promised himself at that moment that he would spend his whole life making it up to him.

This is inspired by EHB (Explorers of the Human Body) episode 12 https://www.dailymotion.com/video/xuhblr