Chance

Stranger

 

The next day was the concert I blew up all my money on. 

I reached the venue early, just to be on the safer side. This was my first concert and I was going to die (out of joy) there alone. What better way to go right?

I admit, I was overdressed. I figured if I'm spending so much money and getting front row tickets might as well look good while I'm there. 

After a lot of anticipation, the boys graced the stage. When they performed, they served – Enough to keep through the starvation I was gonna go through for the next two weeks. 

I even slapped myself to make sure I wasn't dreaming about this. The annoying girls who kept pushing me, the amount of heat, nothing seemed to matter. One girl got so excited when she was watching them she grabbed my sleeve so hard it tore.

Thanks to all the layers of clothing I was wearing, it wasn't a problem. I removed the ripped checkered shirt and threw it on her head. I pulled the oversized jacket over like a normal person, the black glitter rubbing off on my hands. Anyway, it was no longer just hanging on my back. In case that somehow got ripped, I had a yellow vinyl shirt wrapped around my waist. I wasn't entirely comfortable with how tight the top I was wearing on the inside was so I buttoned up my humongous jacket. I have a thing for oversized things.

I was concerned about people accidentally pulling my sling bag. That would be a personal offence. Glad no one did.

While this little incident happened, NCT announced they were going to play a game with the fans before the last song. The crowd cheered. 

The members were asked to pick random fans from the crowd. There was a part of me that wished that one of them would pick me but my odds were never that good unless I was the only one somehow situated next to the crazy aggressive fan.

All the members started picking. As they all started getting their "partners", the chances of getting picked decreased. 

'Lucas you haven't picked yet.' Johnny announced into the mike.

Lucas. Of course. 

His eyes landed in the area where I was standing, he scanned the crowd. I was too busy admiring him when he pointed out someone in the crowd. Strangely, it looked like he was pointing at me. I brushed it off, no point getting excited. Stuff like this usually happened to me - you know when you think someone is waving at you and then you wave back and it turns out they're not waving at you so then it gets super awkward. Yeah, story of my life. 

'The one wearing the glitterjacket?' 

DID I HEAR THAT RIGHT? As far as I knew I was the only one wearing a jacket, everyone else was wearing shorts and sleeveless as I was the only idiot wearing a jacket on such a hot day. 

I hurriedly held out my hand up and started to go towards the stage, when the staff stopped me and directed me to where the other fans were standing. They explained all the rules, most of which I didn't understand as they spoke Hangul really fast. 

I understood they said 'something-don't-something-touch them-something-something-behave.'  Uh-oh.

Next thing I know I'm on stage with NCT. What is happening? How did I get here? My karma is going to be terrible. These were my immediate thoughts. 

Johnny and Taeyong were not participating in this game. 

'Please go stand next to your partners.' Taeyong instructed.

I followed everyone else and stood right next to Lucas. I hadn't looked at him till now. Nervousness clawed at my chest. Lucas is tall, I was well aware. My head came up to his chest. He was wearing this white shirt with casual black trousers which probably cost more than my education.

At this point he leaned in and said 'Hi.' 

I smiled and said 'Nihao.' You know, just for some variation.

He looked a little amused but before he could say anything Johnny and Taeyong started explaining the game. I didn't understand the rules but I tried paying as much attention as I could. Johnny and Taeyong were going to be the judges & we had 10 minutes time was all I caught on.

'Let's begin Johnny's Fashion Evaluation.' The moment they said this I let out a little high pitched yelp. 

But what exactly was I supposed to do? Why were we teams? What? 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

[to be continued]

 

 

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

 

I've underlined the lines where the sentences are originally in Korean. I hope you guys like thisss. Please do review😬😬