A Notification

Infinity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You sat in the freezing atmosphere of the classroom, watching everyone hurriedly walk in before they were deemed late by the bell. Your eyes wander to the petite blonde seated next to you that idly fiddled with her hair, staring off into space like she was in deep thought. A small smile graced her lips as always during this class. You knew that before arriving to this room, she would secretly meet up with a guy who hasn’t been on the market for a while. As much as you didn’t like the idea of her being the other woman, you could tell how happy they made each other. It didn’t make any sense though. He should pick her if he truly knew in his heart that she was the one.

You didn’t approve much of the boy either. He was a “bad boy.” Smoker, drinker, a punk. But those were just assumptions based on the stories you had heard about the weekends. He was completely different in her description of him. She didn’t tell you much about him though and hadn’t let you officially meet him. It had just been a simple hello in the hallway before they scurried off to hide from the view of the judgmental entities haunting around.

Seulgi was her name but insisted on being called GiGi because it was simply a better fit. You had known her for as long as you can remember. Though you’ve only been close friends for a few years now, it feels like you haven’t skipped a beat of her life. But he was driving a wedge that you couldn’t pull out even if you were three times stronger. Drifting apart. Going back to the way the two of you were before. That wasn’t going to stop you from trying to be her friend. She was truly the only one you could turn to.

“Y/N, he did it.“ She whispered to you without giving you a glance.

"What?” You quietly uttered.

“He broke up with her.” Her ecstatic eyes finally met yours.

You sat back, not quite knowing what to say. He didn’t seem like the type to take relationships seriously enough to actually make her his only. But you smiled anyway to show you were happy for her. You were tired of it though. Faking all the smiles and advice. She always told you her boy troubles, knowing you hadn’t had much experience in that ball field. Being the great friend you were, you’ve it up and went along with it. It was depressing hearing about all your friends love lives while yours has been empty for quite some time. It will remind you what you’re missing out on, all the cute moments, all the rough sensual moments, and all the painful moments. And you craved them all. For your age, you should have experienced a lot with relationships, but what was making out, , and blowing? Will you ever know what any of those feel like? The spark you feel just from a simple touch? The undeniable urge to kiss someone? The emotional attachment you find yourself in? As desperate as you sound, you’re pretty picky. But you’re still lonely.

“I think he’s going to ask me tonight.“ GiGi continued, "But I’m scared.”

The annoyance overcame you and flowed out, “What is there to be scared of? You should be happy someone wants to be with you.”

Her facial features drooped slightly with the realization of who she was really talking to, “Nothing, I guess.”

You mumbled an apology for your bluntness, turning your focus to the front of the room just when class was beginning. You don’t mean to be short with her. Sometimes you’ve just had enough of her ridiculous complaints. Maybe you’re in the wrong, but you’re done with putting yourself through the painful reminder of loneliness.

“You know his blonde friend is single. He’s pretty cute. I could hook you up.” GiGi whispered to you after you were given your worksheets.

“It won’t work.” You shot down her offer.

“Why not? Because you’re too independent? Good one.” She joked.

“But really, it won’t. I’m not their type. They like the hardcore styled girls and I’m just so preppy.” You explained, hoping she’d understand.

“Y/N, look at me. I’m not hardcore by any means and he still likes me.“ She smiled, and just for a moment, you thought she was actually being genuine. You figured she was doing this so you’d stop complaining about being single and not hanging out with her as much. A double date was probably what she was aiming for. You’ve

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter