003

His Love Child

Joon came home to see Seo Ae playing with Leo, smiling to at the sight of Leo playing, Joon quietly walked in. But though he was quiet with his footsteps, Leo's sensitive hearing picked up the sound and he immediately turned around with a grin, "DADDY!" The little squirt shot up in the air and ran with his arms wide, hugging his father's legs, Seo Ae couldn't help but melt. Joon patted the boy's head, "Leo, how was your day, did you have fun with auntie?"

Leo nodded, "Very much!" 

"That's good," Joon said as he walked towards the sofa, sitting down, he took off his jacket. Leo ran towards him and jumped onto Joon's laps, with his nimble and small hands he started to massage his father's shoulders, "Ahh, Leo. You're such a good son!" Hearing his praise Leo worked on Joon's shoulders more diligently. Joon started to relax closing his eyes he slowly fell asleep, when he did, Leo hopped off of his father and quickly ran into his room. Seo Ae looked after Leo who came running back five minutes later with a big blanket in his arms. He slowly walked forwards as his arms were straight like a pole; when he reached his father he let the blanket fall to the ground. Wiggling his arms a little he then picked up the blanket and started to wrap it around his father. When he was done he looked at Seo Ae and grabbed her arm, then putting his little index finger to his lips he tried to pull her quietly towards his room.
 
When they were in his room, he went to sit down in his little chair. Staring at Seo Ae he smiled, she smiled back. This little boy loved his father dearly, he was so small yet so thoughtful. She looked around the little room everything was like a typical four year old boy's room, the room was light blue with airplanes painted around the room, there was a small car bed with a small night stand beside it. Seo Ae smiled at the simplistic yet adorable room Leo had, staring at every single detail of the room her eyes focused on one thing, a photo. A photo of a little baby and a beautiful woman. She walked up towards the photo, and carefully picked it up, examing the picture she could not help but notice how beautiful the woman was, "Is this your mother?" Leo nodded his head slowly as he grabbed a piece of blank paper and took out his colourful crayons, "Isn't she pretty?" Seo Ae nodded as she put the picture down and walked towards Leo. Sitting down on the floor she watched him color. The artwork, she noticed only had the colours black, brown, dark blue and grey, the warm crayons never touching the white sheet of paper. The art was a piece of darkness that was emitting from the young boy's imagination or... feelings.
 
They sat in the awkward silence for a little while until Leo spoke, "Do you think my mom will come back for me?" The sudden question caught her off guard as she didn't know how to reply to the boy's questions, "Do you think my mom will come and live with daddy and I?" His doe eyes looked into her eyes they seemed to be pleading for her to say 'yes' but she had no idea, she didn't know his mother nor did have any idea why she even left such a cute son. But she knew that a mother's love was not something that could be taken lightly... well that's what she thought but she didn't know, heck she never had a mother figure in her life! Seo Ae smiled at Leo as he looked for her for answers,
 
"I'm not sure Leo, but your mother probably really loves you, maybe one day she will come back." 
 
"Do you think that if I'm good she'll come back?" 
 
"Possibly."
 
"If there is a chance, I will be good then," with a small smile on his tiny face, he continued to draw.
 
"Thank you for taking care of Leo today," Joon said as he walked her to the front door, "I really apperciate it." 
 
"No problem," Seo Ae said as she put her hood on, "I'll be back though."
 
Joon didnt say anything as he looked at her, then after a few seconds he spoke, "Are you serious about this? About coming back and--" 
"
Why wouldn't I be? I mean this is a big scoop and if you want me to not report this, I need a reason why not to. By spending my time around you guys, I can decide." 
 
"The more you spend time with us the more information you get, doesn't this only benefit you? Why can't you just leave us alone? Can you just never come back here? Isn't one day enough for you?" 
 
"If you drive me off today, then by tomorrow you'll see your face and Leo's face on the front page of Entertainment Weekly. But if you allow me to stay and do whatever I want, you'll get days of peace."
 
Joon closed his eyes as he thought for a while, then sighing his head in defeat he nodded, "I got it." 
 
She smiled at her victory, "I'll call your home phone to tell you when I'm coming over and I gave Leo my number so if you need to contact me ask him for it." Nodding her head at him she left the house with him rubbing his temples. 
 
.
 
"You've been M.I.A for the pass two days, what have you been doing?" the snotty reporter asked Seo Ae as she breathed down her neck, "Do you have a scoop?!" 
 
"None of your business Yeon Hee, deal with your girl group problems and stop asking questions that doesnt concern you."
The girl smirked, "Everything about you concerns me Seo Ae, you're my rival, and whenever you're M.I.A I can trust that you are around investigating on a story, a big story. Now tell me, what have you been doing these pass few days that didn't allow you to pick up any calls from your collegues?" 
 
"Like I said, it's none of your business," Seo Ae pushed the girl out of her way as she made her way to her small cubicle. But the more she pushed her away the more the girl got close, "Come on tell me, let me in on what you're investigating on. Let me see if it's even worthy." Getting annoyed Seo Ae, slammed her papers onto her table and looked at the girl with a pissed off face, "Why are you asking so much question, is it because you have no scoops that is why you're trying to leech off of me? Come on Yeon Hee, if you're going to be my rival do something that makes you worthy. Find your own stories, don't go around trying to leech off of people. You're a reporter right? Do some of your own research." Yeon Hee glared at Seo Ae as she stomped away, obviously angry. Seo Ae rolled her eyes as she sat down on, turning on her computer she began to write up her new article about one of the newest scandal about a entertainment company being associated to an underground business."
 
Yeon Hee carefully followed behind Seo Ae, she was not going to let the girl get away with calling her out like that. She was going to find out what the was doing and she was going to steal the scoop. She didn't care, she was playing fair and because of Seo Ae defaming her she was going to do what Seo Ae had accused her of doing. She was going to steal her scoop and she was going to make Seo Ae become nothing. " said I'm not her rival, ey? Well she's wrong, she's not MY rival." She watched carefully as Seo Ae walked to the nearest convenience store by her house, waiting outside for her to come out, Yeon Hee looked around the area. Admiring the beautiful homes Yeon Hee almost forgot that she was following Seo Ae, until she saw Seo Ae from the corner of her eyes carrying two bags of junk food. Walking quickly behind her, she began to jot down notes of every movement Seo Ae made. She was going to get her and she was going to get her bad! Story and all.