[TW] Two

Just Wait Until Yesterday

It was too long.

I'd been waiting outside his house for an hour- he ought to have woken up. I finally stepped up, cautiously, and knocked. 

But a woman answered it. 'Who are you?' She snapped. I didn't know her either. 

I saw him hit by the lightning. Where is he? 

'Does Oh Sehun live here?'

'No. Nobody by that name.' She started to close the door. 

'Wait!' I stopped her. 'Did you buy the house from him? When did you buy it?'

She squinted at me. 'Kid, I don't know him. I've lived here for five years and never met him. You got the wrong place.'

'What year is it again?'

'2018.' 

That was the right year. So where was he? 

 

I checked all our meeting places. Nothing. I was beginning to panick- what the hell was happening? 

'Excuse me-' I tapped a man's shoulder. 'Was anyone hurt or killed in the storm last night?'

He looked at me like I was crazy. 'There was no storm.' 

Was I crazy, then? 

I pulled out my phone. Of course. I'd call him.

I checked my contacts. Where was his number? I knew I had it there. 

In tears, I accidentally tapped the 'photo' app- and then it all made sense. 

All my pictures of him were gone, all my pictures with him were just me now. And I finally saw it. 

 

Ten years later. The boy who died everyday, I didn't even remember his name or face, but I remembered that I loved him. And I missed him. 

 

 

'Hello.'

The voice was deep and quiet, a bit shy. I frowned because it was so familiar- it warmed my entire body. I felt happy for the first time in years.

'I'm sorry for bumping into you,' the young man behind me apologized. His face- cold but with a hint of gentleness behind it- seemed familiar too. 

'Do I know you?' He asked. 

I said no, but we kept talking. He was really sweet. He told me his name was Oh Sehun, a name that I was sure I'd heard before. 

 

Three years. We're married now. I remember something about the past- someone vanished, they also died, my first love.... but Sehun is here, and I am here, and we are alive in every second; and it will all be okay.