Planning

Melon

Squealing, Lisa kicked off her bed covers and jumped straight into the living room. 

“Lili?” Rose squeaked. She had just walked into he apartment when Lisa stepped out of her bedroom. “What’s wrong? What happened?” 

She could tell something was off. Lisa was bouncing up and down on her heels like a little girl.  

No.  She was too happy.         

“Rosie, you won’t believe who just texted me!” Lisa twirled and showed Rose her phone screen. The top of the screen read ‘Taehyung 💜’. 

Cute

“That’s great, Lisa! Now reply to him.” Rosie smiled. She didn’t really care for BTS or any other idol group. But she was happy for her best friend. 

“Oh my god. You’re right. What am I doing!” Lisa her heels and hovered over her cellphone. She concentrated on the keyboard.

“...Chae, I don’t know what to say...” The only thing Lisa was sure of was that she didn’t want to mess up whatever it was that was happening between them. 

“Why not just flirt back? You like him right?” Rose looked at Lisa expectantly. She looked away when the blond nodded. 

“Ok, then give me the phone.” Chaeyoung didn’t wait for Lisa to agree. She grabbed the phone out of her hands and started typing. 

< That’s exactly what I meant. 😏 > 

“Chaeng...oh my god. I’m in trouble! This is BTS!” Lisa felt panic and happiness at the same time. 

“Please, I did you a favour. Have fun, I’m meeting Jisoo unnie at the cafe down the street.” She stepped around Lisa and left the dorm without a second thought.

‘That’s exactly what I meant’. It was an easy response

I could’ve came up with that. 

Rose was right. Deep down, she wanted to be bold around Taehyung. 

Screw the rules

< I like what I’m reading. I’m all yours baby.  💕 > 

Did he really just say that? This is too good to be true. 

< Are you messing with me? This is really sudden. > 

< I’ve admired you for a long time. I finally got the guts to say hello and I guess I’m nervous. I’m sorry if I offended you. >  

< No...you didn’t. And you don’t need to apologize to your junior, oppa. I actually...>  

< You actually what? > 

< Umm, it’s kinda weird having this sort of conversation through text. Don’t you think? > 

< No. I don’t. You actually what? > 

Lisa threw her phone. He was pushing her for an answer. She felt her stomach turn. 

This is insane. Is this real? Am I dreaming? Something told her that if she was ever gonna confess, it had to be now. 

< I actually...like you, oppa > 

< Is it ok if I call you? > 

Lisa yelped. She was nervous. The thought of a phone call was making her queasy. 

< I’m sorry for being immature but not if you’re going to reject me. Please spare my heart. > 

I’m pathetic. I’m pretty much begging him for mercy

*Ring* 

[ CALLER ID: TAEHYUNG 💜 ] 

“Oh my god! What do I do? Rose, how could you!!!” Lisa trashed her legs. This whole situation was right out of a k-pop fanfic. 

She silently prayed for mercy, then answered the phone. 

“Hello?” Lisa’s voice was quiet. She was preparing for the worst. 

But if he’s not interested, then why did he say all those things before?

“Hey.” His voice was husky. It made Lisa twist her legs together in anticipation. 

She didn’t say anything. She didn’t know what to say. 

“....”

“Take care of me from now on.”

“What?” 

“I said take care of me from now on. As my girlfriend.” 

“Of cour-..wait. What?! ” 

Taehyung chuckled. “Lisa-ya...I like you too. Let’s date.” 

Her cheeks flushed red with embarrassment. She felt butterflies in her stomach. 

“...okay, oppa” Lisa whispered, fighting through the shock. 

“Good. Oh, and I called Rose. She said you have tomorrow off.” Taehyung paused, waiting for Lisa to confirm. 

“Yes, it’s my day off...” she said, and then the realization hit her. ”I can’t believe she knew!” Feeling grateful, she grasped her cellphone a little harder. Rose had pushed her to reply, too. 

God knows what would’ve happened if she didn’t.

 Probably not this

“I’m sorry. It’s all my fault. Please punish me tomorrow at noon at Ciuri Ciuri Italian restaurant in Hongdae?” He sounded playful. 

Lisa giggled. “Wow, straight to be point.”

“Yeah, that’s sorta my specialty. Oh and bring one of your members.” He was being cute and Lisa loved it. 

“Why? I want it to be the two of us?” She sulked. They haven’t even had time to meet one on one, not even once. 

What am I getting into? This relationship is gonna be a wild ride

“Don’t say those things...you’re too adorable” Blushing, Taehyung paused. 

“It’s just in case someone sees us. At least we could say we’re hanging out as friends.” He finished. 

“That’s true...” Lisa knew the repercussions of getting caught. 

She was putting her reputation on the line. They both were. Although she knew the public would be much harsher on her. She was a foreigner, after all.

Is this worth it? We don’t even know each other

“See ya, babe. Can’t wait to see you” 

Lisa her lips. 

Whatever this was, it was too late to look back.