Lamborghini

Half-Century Angel

30 November 2000

That afternoon, Naeun was sitting on the campus lawn, while waiting for her friend Jung Eunji. Under the winter sun, she raised her head and looked at the bristol blue sky, dazed. The clouds looked like candy floss, as they drifted in the wind. A gust of gentle breeze brushed against her skin, playing lightly with her silky long hair. She pulled the scarf that is around her neck tighter, and looked at her watch. This missy is late again.

Finally, a girl ran from the other end of the lawn, exasperated. She walked towards Naeun and squatted in front of her, panting, and said,"Sorry! I'm late again."

This girl is Jung Eunji, the rich princess of a rich family. She has beautiful features, with a pair of puppy eyes and long, curly hair. No doubt she was the ultimate enemy that most girls are jealous of. She is in the same class as Naeun, who is also studying socialogy, and has the best connection with her. If Eunji is a wild red rose, then Naeun would be an elegant lily, and when the both of them walk together, all the attention would be directed to Eunji first.

"Of course I know you're late, what's the excuse this time?" Naeun pointed at her watch, and squinted at her while asking. "I was waiting for the birthday present that my father had given to me, so I'm slightly late." Eunji said, apologetically. 

"I thought your birthday had passed?" Naeun asked her curiously.

"Follow me, I'll show you!" Eunji pulled Naeun up excitedly, and tugged her across the lawn, pulling her towards the car park. 

It was an open car park, so when they ran near it, the first thing Naeun saw was a fiery red sports car.

went agape, her eyes went wide, and she could not help but exclaimed while pointing at it, "Hey! It's a lamborghini!"

"This is my next year's birthday present." Eunji raised her eyebrows and replied excitedly. "And you are this sports car's first passenger!"

Naeun immediately walked closer to the sports car to examine it. The fiery red car sparkled in the sun, with scissors-way doors, and it looks like a firebird who is ready to fly. It is definitely a breathtaking dream sports car.

"Hurry up and get on! Let's go for a spin to the beach!" Eunji opened the car door, and smiled while hurrying Naeun. Naeun jumped in the car excitedly. Both of the girls liked top sports cars, it's only that she didn't have the money to buy a lamborghini, while Eunji is blessed with one.

"Your father unexpectedly bought this sports car, so tell me honestly, how did you manage to convince him? Isn't he concerned that you would die while speeding?" Naeun asked while using her eyes to study the facilities inside the car.

Eunji started the engine and said,"I know he had just finished a big business recently, so he asked me what present I wanted, and therefore I told him I wanted a lamborghini."

"That simple?" Naeun could not believe her ears and asked.

"Of course it's not that simple, how could he have given it so easily. He said girls that drive sports cars are too swag, and he is also afraid that I do not know how to drive and may get into an accident." Eunji said while smiling," Luckily, he believed in Feng Shui, so I advised him to consult the master that has always looked at my house's Feng Shui, to see if I have any problems with driving. Later, he really went and asked him. When he returned home he told me the master said that I will not have any problems driving, and he had to buy a really fast car, so that it can bring my father good luck. In the end, ha, he really bought it for me, and said this is collecting my next year's birthday present in advance!"

"You're so lucky! Did you bribe the master?" Naeun asked jokingly.

"How can I find the ability to bribe him! he is Korea's richest man's master, is you father's boss's brother who shared weal and woe, his assets are more than my father's in every minute. He only helps people who have affinity with him to see their Feng Shui, and my father had known him since young." Eunji explained.

"Then your father must have a great affinity with him." At this moment, Naeun had only noticed the rectangular talisman hanging from the rear view mirror. She pointed at that thing and asked,"Is this the price that you had to pay for getting this car?"

"Aish! To have this talisman hanging in such a stylish sports car is so old fashioned!" Eunji said with a look of discontent,"That master told my father to put this in my car, so that it can ensure my safety. How can my father not listen, and how can I not obey. My father listens to whatever he says, he totally treats him like a celestial being, to the extent that he will consult him whenever he had problems, and the master will also introduce businesses to my father, and even my name was chosen by him."

Eunji drove out of the school compound, and on the way it attracted envious gazes from some students. She turned at a corner into the highway, and she started speeding up the car. She praised, "This car is not only fast, it's stable too! Yesterday it just arrived to Korea, and the dealers said there are only two of this in the whole of Korea."

"Of course goods that cost four million will have to let you enjoy to the fullest!" Naeun enjoyed the scenery along the way, while experiencing the thrill of speeding on the highway.

"Will the chairman of the astronomical society be the second passenger?" Naeun asked Eunji suddenly.

"Erm..." Eunji said, slightly coyly,"He asked me out tomorrow night, and said he have something to tell me."

"Ah! Is he thinking of a confession?" Naeun felt excited for her. Eunji has been having a crush on Hoya for about two years and because of him, she failed her astronomy deliberately and became the vice-chairman of the astronomical society. Both of them often work together, and so they gradually became friends. But, fate seems to have become a round pond, where they can only keep going in circles again and again on both sides, failing to become a couple. 

"I'm not sure, he only said to meet at the school in the evening, and said there are some things he wanted to tell me. I also have no idea what it is..." Eunji could not help but smile sweetly.

"Aish, I guess after tomorrow night, I will be a loner!" Naeun sighed, exaggerating it.

"You also have a childhood invisible boyfriend!" Eunji looked at Naeun in the corner of her eye. "Any recent news about him?"

"It has already been a month since he stopped writing letters to me. In his last letter, he said we will meet soon, and it is the first time he mentioned something related about meeting." Naeun said, her mind disturbed.

"Did he ask you out?"

"No."

"Then how will you two meet?"

"He didn't mention," Naeun replied, feeling depressed.

"That invisible person is really mysterious, he seems to know a lot about you. In these twelve years, you have moved house for three times, yet he could still send the letter to your house accurately, so he must be someone who is always by your side you! How can you not notice?" Eunji slightly blamed Naeun for her carelessness.

"I have looked out for a lot of people, but maybe I had seen him before, but I just didn't guess it was him." Naeun puffed up her cheeks and said," He deliberately hid himself up, and that feeling is just like like air beside you. You can't sense his presence, although he is actually beside you."

"Maybe he is a ert, or he looks very ugly, so that's why he wanted to date you secretly." Eunji tried to scare her.

"Basically, we have never dated before, he only sent letters to me, and I had never written a single word to him." Naeun said, faintly, "I could feel that he has no evil intentions, even if he looks ugly, we could still be friends."

"So do you mean that it will become a problem if he becomes your boyfriend? Eunji added, "Our Naeun is so charming, if not why would there be someone to write love letters to you: 'That autumn afternoon, I met you unexpectedly in school, a gust of autumn wind blew by, gently waving your long hair. You opened your big and black eyes widely, and looked towards me...' Wow, it was so touching! If I had received such a love letter, I would have been moved to tears."

Naeun just smiled without a word.

That day, when she had received this love letter, her heart began thumping furiously in that instant. Had she seen him before? Why didn't she have the least impression of him? At that moment, she had desperately wanted to run on to the streets to search for him. But, she didn't know how he looked like, and what was his name... Her heart seemed to have millions of ants crawling around, is it happiness, or is it fret? She let Eunji see the love letter, hoping that there would be someone to calm her thumping heart. Who knows, after Eunji had read the letter, she had never forgotten about it. Instead of giving her "tranquilisers", she even read out the content sometimes to . 

Through these twelve years, this mysterious person has given her too much unforgettable memories. Even though she had not seen him before, their relationship has grown bit by bit, without even her knowing it.

Soon, the car had arrived at the beach. Naeun had been looking at the shiny sea all the while in the car, while throwing all her troubles to the back of her head for the time being.

"Earlier on, I had discovered this remote beach, so it doesn't have a lot of tourists visiting here. Let's sit there, okay?" Eunji asked.

"You take the lead!" Naeun nodded her head in agreement.

The car slowly turned into a lane, with tall pine trees at the sides, and they looked like as if they were soldiers wearing dark green uniforms, holding a welcome ceremony for the two visitors. After driving past the pine trees, they finally stopped at a spot near the beach.

Under the sun, they stepped onto the beach. Under their feet were soft sand, and a boundless blue unfolded before their eyes. This place appeared to be uncontaminated yet.

"This place is very peaceful." Naeun took a deep breath. It is the see breeze.

"There's a rocky beach not far away from us, we could sit there and watch the waves!" Eunji held Naeun's arm and walked forward, and they seemed like a couple.

There are rocks of all sizes beside the beach, and they picked a rather flat rock surface and sat down side by side. The waves hit against the rocks beside the beach, and it formed a variety of 'blooming flowers'. Naeun looked around, and admired the scenery around her. Suddenly, she saw a three-story white villa, and it sat on the small mountain beside the beach. That villa is facing the sea, and there are French windows. Under the sun, the radiance of the windows and the white external wall seemed to give out a refined light.

"Did you see that villa over there? It's so beautiful!" Naeun patted Eunji, and pointed towards the villa.

"Oh, I had seen it the last time I came here. It's indeed...attractive." Eunji stared at the villa with greed.

"Don't tell me Miss Jung wanted to buy that?" Naeun opened her round eyes and looked at her,"Great! If you buy that, I will then be able to go there for vacations!"

"Do you really think I know how to make money? My father will never buy a villa for vacation, he's too practical." Eunji pouted.

"But he will still buy a sports car worth four million for you!" Naeun said.

"That's only because he believes it will bring him good luck if I drive a sports car! Eunji shrugged her shoulders.

"At least you have the 'qualifications' to dream. You see, it's so good to be rich, you can have a big house, with a beautiful scenery... Aish, why is my father only a manager..." Naeun sighed, and rested her head onto Eunji's shoulder. Sometimes, she is really envious of Eunji. She is rich and beautiful, and can possess dreams that not everyone can have.

"I think I'm just lucky." Eunji smiled slightly,"I would often feel that there is Lady Luck by my side."

Naeun raised her head suddenly, and stared right into her eyes,"So you have this feeling too? Although I'm not as rich as you, but since I was young, I can also feel a...guardian angel by my side. Everytime there are problems at home or in me, it will always save the day."

"Really? We can really be sisters already, since we also have this kind of similarity!" Eunji laughed jokingly.

"Let's not talk too far back into the past, let's take last month's scholarship as an example. At first the money is supposed to be only enough for one person, without my share. Who knows suddenly there is another share of money, and I am qualified for it. Don't you think it's such good luck?" Naeun recalled,"Plus, my father will always draw the first prize on his company's annual Christmas party every year. If it is not a big prize, then it will be a super prize. When I was eighteen years old, we went to Austrailia for ten days, all thanks to one of the top prize that he had won."

"Maybe one day you will also win the white villa as the top prize." Eunji snuggled on Naeun, and said softly. 

She patted her head and smiled, "I hope so."

Naeun watched the mysterious and quiet villa from afar. That dazzling white seemed to be calling to her softly. How will the owner of the the house look like?


Sorry for taking forever to update and I know some parts don't make sense again! Now I finally knew the hardships to write a story... TTOTT I've been getting very busy recently and I can only update a short paragraph everyday. I think this will still carry on for quite some time, but I will try to update for as frequently as one to two weeks at most. Thanks for waiting and subsribing! I didn't expect so many subscribers at first, and now I suddenly feel so burdened. O.O Comment please! ^O^