The Beginning

Angela Kim

 

“Attention Attention, our flight will soon descend to Incheon international Airport in. Please kindly go back to your seats and fasten your seatbelts. Cabin Crew, 15 minutes to Landing.

 

Angela was watching an episode of Hello Counselor until she heard the announcement. She proceed to look outside the window, and for the first time saw the Korean peninsula. She is lost in her thoughts. ‘Am i really going to do this? Will appa be mad at me…’ She always wondered, why her father never mentioned about her mother. Angela always thought that her mother died giving birth to her. As it was always her father alone visiting for the past 12 years in Jakarta. 

 

“Eomma eodiyaa… Bogoshipda…” Angela silently thought. For the last 12 years she has lived with her grandmother. She never questioned about this arrangement… why is she not living with her father in Seoul? Why her father only come to see her twice a year? and why her father never allowed her to visit him in korea? 

 

Until one day, when she heard her grandmother Hye Seon talking to her father on the phone. Angela just came home from school and she accidentally eavesdropped to her grandma’s phone conversation in the kitchen, while she was cooking dinner. Fortunately the phone was set on loudspeaker for Angela to hear everything. 

 

 

Flashback

 

2 weeks ago…

 

“Andwaeee Eomma… Cholte Andwaeee… Hyorinnie Eomma gaa Jugeossda…” 

(No way Eomma… Hyorin’s mother is dead). 

Jong Kook Shouted to the phone. 

 

Angela can hear hatred in her father’s voice, she can’t seem to understand what made her father so angry about her mother’s death. To be frank this is her first time hearing anything about her mother from her father. As she never dared to asked, knowing how sensitive her father became when she once asked what her mother was like. 

 

Jong Kook have always been a loving father to Angela. Every time he came to visit, he always came with lots of gifts in hand. He spend as much time as he can with her, knowing that it will be a while until they see each other again. 

 

“Jong Kook aa… We all know that is not true. Isn’t it time for you to put your ego aside and let them meet. Its been 12 years Jong Kook aaa, she has been punished enough by not being able to watch her daughter grow up. Until when are you going to separate them Jong Kook aa?” Hye Seon tried to convince her stubborn son. 

 

Angela was taken aback by her Grandmother’s words. ‘Eommaneun Ajig Sala-issda??’ (Eomma is Alive??) 

Angela silently thought. She never thought that her father and Grandmother will keep such a huge secret from her. Angela may be 12 years old, but she sure is a very smart girl. She takes after her commander father. She can’t believe what she just heard.  

 

“Even until i die, I don’t think i let her meet Hyorin… i’m still hurting from what she did to me 12 years ago… We just had Hyo rin... why did she do that eomma?” We were so happy.. we’ve known each other for so long, i trusted her.” His Pain and frustration can be felt through his cries. 

 

“I know she hurt you… eomma also don’t know why she did that… But whenever i see Angela at school looking at other kids with both of their parents picking them up hurts me Jong Kook aaa. She never said anything but i can see it in her eyes that she’s hurting inside. Wouldn’t this be a good enough reason for you to forgive her even just a little bit for your daughter’s sake?” Hye Seon finally revealed to Jong Kook. 

 

She has always been an eye for her son. Since Jong Kook’s career have drive them all into this unfortunate situation. Jong Kook is a successful singer and entertainer with a clean dating history. He was never once caught by paparazzi’s, as they grew tired of following him just to be led to another gym. For this reason, He earned the title Han Namja, Korea’s hottest bachelor in town. 

 

If only they knew better…

 

“Geumanhae eomma… Lets not talk about this anymore… I am tired. Tell Hyorin I am coming to see her in two weeks. Tell her i always love her and miss her… I also have something to talk to you about eomma, when i come visit later. I have to go know eomma, Jin Young is already waiting for me. Take care and have a lot of rest ok eomma.” Jong Kook hung up right away without hearing her mother’s reply.

 

'Aishhh… what am i going to do about my stubborn son.' Hye seon thought, while chopping some scallions for the jigae. She was oblivious to the fact that a bigger problem is standing behind her. 

 

“Halmeoni…” Angela finally made her presence clear.

 

Hye Seon stood at her spot wide eyed. ‘Oh no…’ She thought.

 

 

Back to Present…

 

Angela snapped back to present went she heard Maria calling her name. 

 

“Angela… Ayo kita turun. Kita Sudah sampai” 

(Angela lets go. We are here).

 

Iya kak ayo kita turun” (Yes, Let’s go). Angela excitedly replied. This is her first time visiting Korea and she can’t wait to see what its like. She only heard stories from her best friend Erin. With the help of Maria she passed through immigration and also took her suitcase. 

 

When she reached the arrival area, she spot a tall man on his phone.

 

“Ne eomma, geogjeong hajimaseyo 

(Yes mom, Don’t worry). 

I will take good care of Hyorin… Eomma don’t forget to pick up Jong Kook later. His plane just took off… Let me know ok eomma… Bye2.” Jong Myun ended the call. He suddenly heard a high pitch voice calling his name.   

 

“JONG MYUNG SAMCHOONNNNN!!!!!” Angela excitedly pulled her hand away from Maria’s hold and ran to her Uncle’s embrace. 

 

“Aigoo Hyorin aaa… my yeppo niece.” Jong Myung embraced her tightly and pulled back to take a look at her, its been a while since he saw her. 

 

Before Angela leave with her uncle, she took out a wrapped gift from her bag and handed it to Maria. “Kak Maria, ini until kakak. Terima kasih ya sudah menjaga saya” (Kak Maria this is for you, Thank you for taking care of me). Angela bowed 90 degrees after handing the gift. She personally prepared the gift. Although she lives far away from Jong Kook, he never fails to teach her good manners, when he visits and to always respect older people.  

 

“Sama- Sama Angela, Terima kasih ya hadiahnya. Semoga Angela senang-senang ya di Korea.” 

(Your Welcome Angela, Thank you for the gift. Hope you enjoy your time in Korea). 

Maria smiled to Angela and nodded her head at Jong Myun. 

 

“Jokaleul dolbwa jusyeoseo gamsahabnida.” Jong Myung bowed. He cannot speak Indonesian and his English is not very good and so he thanked the guardian in Korean. 

Om saya bilang terima kasih sudah menjaga saya.” 

(My uncle said thank you for taking care of me). 

Angela helped to translate for her uncle. 

 

Fortunately Angela is a trilingual, she can understand and speak Korean because of her grandmother. Since she grew up in Indonesia, she can’t help but to pick up the language from her peers. She also speaks fluent English, as her father enrolled her to an International school. Hye Seon adores her very much, Jong Kook tries to visit her as often as he can. Despite having the schedule of a top celebrity, Angela is Jong Kook’s precious gem, nothing is more important to him than her. Her father’s extended family always send her gifts from Korea. She is actually very spoiled. She seems to be the girl who has it all. 

 

But deep down, she have always wondered what it felt like to live with both parents, what her mom is like, and whether or not she has one. She always assumed her mother is dead. That is until she accidentally eavesdropped her grandmother’s phone conversation with her father two weeks ago. At first she felt betrayed and lock herself up in her room. She wanted answers, and after 2 days of calming herself down she approached her Halmeoni to learn more about her mother. After listening to the story, she was shocked to hear that her mother is still alive. That fact alone made Angela teared up. She have a mom… the question in her mind right now is WHO? 

 

Despite telling her the story, her grandmother refused to reveal her mother’s identity, which led her to make a deal with her grandma. 

 

“Andwaeee!!!” was the first thing Cho Hye Seon said after hearing her granddaughter’s ridiculous demand. 

 

“Jeball halmeoni, dowajuseyo” (Please Grandma, Help me). 

 

Seeing her granddaughter beg her like that made Hye Seon feel guilty. She thought to herself. If her mother deserves to meet Angela, they will meet and if not they won’t. And so, Hye Seon allowed her granddaughter to fly to Korea with a condition, that it will only be for one week. By the end of the trip, if Angela cannot find her mother, she will have to come back to Jakarta and live her life as usual.

 

Little did Hye Seon know, Angela had a plan before all this ordeal. She believed that sending her concern to this show will help get her mother's attention. I mean… Who doesn’t know Kim Jong Kook, and whoever her mother might be will not forget ever giving birth to her right? Angela thought optimistically. She decided to agree with her grandmother’s condition, and flew to Korea 2 weeks later. The exact same day as her father’s flight to Jakarta. She purposely did so to ensure that her father won’t stop her from attending tomorrow’s Hello Counselor recording. At least by the time her father found out, she would already finish her main reason of coming to Korea in the first place. 

 

Fortunately the producers took notice of her application. They were surprised at first and thought they were being fooled by a 12 year old. That is until they saw a photo attached in Angela’s email. It was a picture of Kim Jong Kook holding a baby girl in his arms. Because the producers were sure that this will be a huge hit. They offered to buy Angela a plane ticket to Korea and appear on the show. Only her uncle knew about her plan, because Angela would need his help to obtain solid prove to secure her appearance on the show. 

 

When Angela and Jong Myung are settled in his car. Angela smiled and thank her uncle for picking her up. Before they leave the airport, Angela wanted to make sure that her plan is going its course. 

 

“Samchon, did u get it?” Angela asked nervously, because one glitch will lower her chances of meeting her mother. 

 

“Geogjeongma Hyorin aaa.” Jong Myung smiled. “Its all here.” Jong Myung open a cabinet in-front of Angela and pulled out a ziplock bag containing strains of hair. Those are Jong Kook’s hair. 

 

Angela smiled, the producers needed more solid evidence, and so she promised to submit a DNA Result that will prove she is Kim Jong Kook’s Daughter. 

 

‘Mianhaee appa, I hope you won’t hate me after this.' Angela thought.

 

 

Meanwhile back in Indonesia…

 

20:15 || KE627 || INCHEON || Arrived 

 

“Eomma!” Jong Kook called Hye Seon, who is sitting waiting for her son’s arrival. She is too nervous to realise her son is already standing in front of her.

 

“Hyorin Eodisseo?” Jong Kook asked, he felt strange not seeing his daughter. Her daughter always came with her grandma to pick him up. ‘Something is not right.’ he ain’t the commander for nothing. 

 

"She’s at home adeul aaa.” Hye Seon lied. If she’s gonna drop a bomb at her son, at least bring him home first and not cause a scene in public. She thought nervously and forced herself to smile as if nothing is wrong. 

 

Jong Kook tried not to think too much about it and followed her mother home. Once they arrived, Jong Kook went straight to Hyorin’s room, to his surprise she’s no where to be found. The odd feeling came back and he went to approach his mother in the kitchen. 

 

“Eomma, where is Hyorin? she is not in her room or anywhere in this house… Is she sleeping over in Ae rin’s house?” Jong Kook tried to remain optimistic that her daughter is somewhere close. 

 

“Sit down Jong Kook aaa.” Hye Seon led her son to the living room and sat him on the floor opposite her. Jong Kook started to feel anxious. Where the hell is my daughter he thought… Why is his mother so nervous? 

 

“Promise me you will remain calm ok?” Hye Seon tried to coax her son. Knowing her son, she knows he will react to any emotion but calm… But an old woman can hope right? She thought. 

 

Jong Kook’s anxiety level has maxed out beyond his sanity. A lot of scenarios is playing in his mind… Is Angela hurt? did she runaway? Is she kidnapped? He though of all possible scenarios until one that made his eye widen… Seolma… Jong Kook thought…

 

Ding Ding Ding

 

“Hyorin is in Seoul…” Hye Seon blurted out and proceed to Close her eyes facing down… Not ready to see her sons reaction. 

 

 

 

1… 2… 3… 

 

 

 

BWOOOOO???!!! 

 


A/n: Hi Guys, Hope you like the update. Make sure to comment and subscribe to this story. :)

Will Jong Kook be angry at Angela for going to Korea without his permission? What will happen to Jong Kook once word is out about her daughter? Will Angela be able to find her mom in one week? 

Stay Tune and find out in the next update! Cheers!! 

Stay safe and Healthy everyone. We will get through this! ^_^