Grow Old With You

Grow Old With You

 

Gyuri took a deep breath as she stood in front of the brown door, she wasn't ready for this. Then in the middle of her nervousness, she felt someone holding her sweaty hand.

"Are you nervous?"

"What if they don't like me Saerom-ah? What if they think I'm not good enough? What if they want you to break up with me?" Gyuri looked at the woman beside her with a worried face, she started to lose her breath.

Saerom immediately cupped Gyuri's face with both hands, "Hey hey, take a breath babe. I already told them about you." She fixed Gyuri's hair and tiptoed to kiss her lips. She intertwined her hand with Gyuri’s, "They will love you Gyul. Like I do."

And that helps the younger woman feel calmer.

 

***
Gyuri and Saerom have been good friends since they attended college. Gyuri has actually been fond of Saerom since she saw Saerom in the same class with her. She tried to get close with Saerom but unfortunately, the older had a boyfriend at that time so Gyuri tried to get rid of her feeling by just being a good friend. Gyuri herself also had several times dating with other girls when she knew that Saerom couldn’t return her feelings.

But everything changed 8 months after Saerom ended her relationship with her last ex. In the midst of her solitude, Gyuri is the one who can make her feel safe. Saerom's feelings for Gyuri became deeper and Gyuri also realized that her feelings for Saerom were still there. So the younger gathered her courage to tell Saerom that she wanted something more than a friend. Their feelings became mutual and they started dating.

"Saerom told me a lot about you." Mr. Lee shook Gyuri's hand when they had met in the living room. Gyuri can feel the similarity on Mr. Lee and Saerom, the man looks younger than his age.

"I can say the same about you, Mr. Lee. She told me you like wine, so I brought you one. I hope you like it." She handed the wine to him.

"Oh, thank you. And please just call me uncle." Mr. Lee smiled and turned to hug his daughter. "And you are right Saerom, she's pretty."

Gyuri breathed a sigh of relief when she saw Saerom's father treat her with a warm heart, so her nervousness slightly gone. Saerom who was standing beside her father smiled. "Of course I'm right Appa."

"Your daughter is prettier actually. " Gyuri said staring at her girlfriend, making Saerom blush.

Mr. Lee grinned at her daughter and embraced her once again. Gyuri could tell that he missed her. "Yeah, she’s the prettiest."

"Hey, you only have one daughter."

"Oh right, I forgot." Mr. Lee chuckled, "Come on, dinner is ready."

 

***
Gyuri poured the wine she brought earlier into Mr. Lee's glass. Both of them are now sitting together on the terrace behind the house. They had talked about the basic introduction during dinner, 
so this time Gyuri guesses they will talk about something more serious. Plus there were only the two of them, without Saerom to back her up.

"I'm just going to be straight to the point, Gyuri. Are you serious with Saerom?" His tone sounds cold. Now Gyuri hopes this is not like that cheap drama where Saerom's parents oppose their relationship. She would hate that.

"I do, Uncle. I do." Gyuri replied even though her heart was beating fast for not knowing the direction of this talk. Saerom is the only daughter in this family, her father certainly doesn't want her princess to be with the wrong person.

In that short time, Gyuri’s mind filled with her journey to get Saerom's heart and she decided to be honest with him. "I love her since the first time I met her. It was my first class at the college." Gyuri confessed. Her memory returned to when she first saw Saerom and she can’t help but smile. "She is so beautiful, I can only see her in the class. But after I knew she had a boyfriend, I tried to stop my feelings and became her best friend instead. I thought that would be better than nothing."

"Does it work out for you? Stop your feeling?" He asked. This is a question she never thought will be asked.

She looked at the man then shook her head slowly, still with a thin smile on her lips. "No, no, Uncle. It doesn’t."

"So, you are good at hiding your feeling.." The man finally said after being silent for a while. He got up from his seat with a wine glass in his right hand, then walked to the window which shows his living room. Saerom just sat there and talks to her mother.

Mr. Lee smiled watching the two women that he loves the most, "But I hope you're not gonna hide anything from her. Her exes, they are seemed nice at first but they all cheated and lied to her. It always breaks my heart when I heard her breakup story. And every time she introduces someone to me, I have a big hope that someone will be her last."

Gyuri followed Saerom’s father and sighted her girlfriend who seems confused about what Gyuri and her father were talking about. She could notice there’s a slight anxiety in Saerom's gaze. So the younger’s mouth curved into a smile, just to tells Saerom everything is fine.

While Gyuri stared at Saerom from outside the window, she thoughts about all the words that Mr. Lee told her before. Then it hits her, Gyuri just knows what her heart wants at that time. It’s something that she wants Saerom to be a part of it.

Gyuri took a deep breath then flashed her sincere smile and said, "I won't. Believe me, Uncle. I really want her to be my last too."

 

***

"So baby, what did you and my dad talk about?" Saerom asked as she entered the blanket and snuggle to Gyuri who was replying to a message on her phone.

Gyuri put her phone on the table then pulled Saerom closer, resting her cheek on top of Saerom’s head. "It's about his gorgeous daughter who likes to eat a lot of food."

Saerom pouted and starts poking Gyuri’s belly, surely know that her girlfriend couldn’t stand a tickle. Gyuri laughed while holding Saerom's hand to stop her. "Alright, alright. He asked me if I'm serious with you."

With that answer, the older hand back to wrapped around Gyuri's waist. "And your answer?"

"I kinda told him that I want you to be my last."

"Is that true?" Saerom raised her head to look at Gyuri, who then fixed her bangs. Gyuri likes to see barefaced Saerom, it’s so captivating. She looks very pure and more mature.

"If only you want me too Saerom-ah. I can't do that if you don’t want it."

Saerom lifted her body and put her hand to Gyuri's cheek. She stared into her beautiful brown eyes, "I can picture that on my mind. You and me, growing old together, with one or two kids, umm or three? Because you ert."

Gyuri grinned, then pushed her forward until Saerom is now below her. The younger women rub her thumb to Saerom's cheek, admiring the only face she’s willing to see for the rest of her life.

"I know it's too early to say this, but I really want to grow old with you."

"Now you make my heart beat fast," Saerom stated a fact. It’s crazy how effortless for Gyuri to increasing her heart rate.

"I can make it faster." Gyuri closed the proximity between them, she kissed her until she can feel Saerom smiling and pulled back. Forehead touched and breathless. "I love you Saerom."

"I love you too Gyul. Let’s- let’s grow old together."

 

 

 

 

End.


 

Hi. Who's with me on this ghost ship?

I didn't proofread this so I'm sorry for all the mistake 

And feel free to leave a comment, that would mean a lot to me :))