Month 00 | Day 01

Zero One Twelve

December 01, 2018

12:14 AM Korean Standard Time

...

...

Dear Kyung Soo,

Hmm.... Hi? Sorry, I don't know how to start this. 

/ deletes the whole part /

Dear Kyung Soo,

Hi.

/ deletes the whole part /

"This is too formal."

Dear Kyung Soo,

Hi!

". I sounded so lively."

/ deletes the whole part /

"Hmm.. How should I start my letter?" I thought to myself.

Dear Kyung Soo,

I know you wo—

"Wow, so now you don't even want to greet me? No Hi or Hello at all?" Kyungsoo annoyingly asked. I saw him raise his eyebrows. We're sharing screens through our laptops while also in a video call. He's in Honolulu and I'm in Seoul. "Can you atleast give me a proper greeting before starting any of your letters to me?"

"Ah," I sighed. "Why did I even allow you to watch me while writing my stories? I can't concentrate." I sheepingly and sighed afterwards.

"Yah~" Of course, he'll whine back at me too. To be honest? Kyung Soo is the type of person who whines a lot. Like.... really A LOT. But not that Chen-type of whine we all know about, okay. His whines are more like... a sigh and a whine. If there's a word for something in between those two, please tell me, I'd like to know it. Or if you still can't imagine, think of a man who's about to alre—

"You mean, moan?" He asked.

"Yes, moan. Wait... Don't tell me what to write! I'm the author here!" I protested.

"Don't say words like , then."

"Ugh, alright, alright!" And yep, that's us. We always fight over little things. Sometimes, he's right (just like that one). Sometimes it's me (most of the time).

"Pff. Show off..." He mutters.

"Ya~ It's the truth!"

"Okay, okay." He said half-smiling. "Go on."

...Or if you still can't imagine, think of a man who's , but that kind is a long one. Kyungsoo's moan, I mean, his whine is just a short "Ahh~"

"Ya!" I almost skipped a heartbeat with his voice. 

"Hey! Lower your voice! The boys are still sleeping, right? And aren't you supposed to be sleeping? It's 5:26 AM there! Go back to sleep now, love. Please?"

"What is this?" He asks in Korean. "What are you saying? My moan? Delete that part." Of course, I know he won't listen to what I just said about him sleeping already. And mind you, for sure, he'll ask that question back to me. "And why are you asking me to sleep? You also have a flight back home to Manila early tomorrow, right? Go to sleep now." Told you he'll get back at me. "And don't call me love if you're just gonna tell them about us having ." I hit one arrow. He hits two. Yep, that's him. But nope, not me. I also have a say. This is my story anyway.

"Wait, I'm not telling them, though? But, hey! Nice suggestion. I'll note that!" I . "But... Ya, oppa, why not? Just curious."

"Just don't. It's.... I don't know. Embarassing?"

"Hmm," I think, "It's not? I don't know, but for me, it's not. It's an expression of love."

"Ugh, actually, I agree." He says back. "I really love it when you argue with sense. Why do you have to be the only one who can knock me out? But, love, c'mon, you're telling them in the first chapter we already had ?"

I laughed so hard.

"Ya..." He called. When I ignored him and just kept laughing, he finally whined again, "Ahh~"

"There you go! There you go!" I laughed again. "You just said 'Ahh' and oh my, I wish the readers can hear you!"

"Ah this girl... You purposely laughed at me so I can whine again?" He shakes his head. "Ah really... Ah this girl..."

I wish to laugh more but when I saw him put his hand on his face from.... probably embarassment or disbelief at my tactics on how to annoy him, I didn't laugh anymore. Aside from the fact that I saw a glimpse of the time, I have this habit of annoying him first, but making it up to him afterwards. So I closed Word. I closed Twitter. I closed YouTube. The only software left on was Skype. I called him out. "Ya, Kyungsoo-ya."

He removed his hands from his face, now looking back again at me. His eyes now fixed on his camera. He doesn't speak a word. But even if we're miles apart, it feels like he's just here sitting in front of me, returning my stare, eye-to-eye.

"Are you mad?"

He instantly raised his eyebrow again. "Huh? Why would I be mad?"

"Nothing..." I said. "I just wanted to make sure."

"Make sure of what?"

"Nothing. Don't mind it. Hmm, I love you."

"Ya," He's not letting me slide. "What is it? Why would I be mad? Did you do something again? Did Sehun-"

"Hey, hey! Don't mention Sehun yet. I'm about to start saying sweet things to you as my apology so I can put this part on Day One and yet you already spilled about Sehun."

"So now it's my fault? Who spilled about us already having then?"

I looked everywhere except on the monitor.

"Ha ha, look at me baby!"

"But it was implied! You butted in and now they know! It wasn't even supposed to be part of the story." I sounded furious that time but believe me, we are both not mad, it's just the way how we talk to each other.

"Hey babe, you're like Taylor Swift."

"Huh? Taylor Swift?" Now I sounded so confused. He was questioning me awhile ago, then he laughed and teased me, and now he's saying I'm like Taylor? "Uh... Why all of a sudden?"

"She composes songs about her past lovers. You write poems and stories about yours."

"But... you're not my past, though?" I frowned. "I mean, are you? Are we really still breaking up?"

It was his turn to frown. "Hmm. You know we can't be together, right?"

As much as I wanted to frown again, or breakdown and cry, and talk to him about it (again, for the nth time), instead I cheered up and responsed in a positive way. "Yeah! I mean, that's the reason why I'm writing a story about us, right? To have a keepsake of our memories."

"Yes, you're right, Sea."

"Yes. Hmm, okay."

"Okay."

We both stared at each other.

No talking.

No smiling, giggling, and whispering of I love yous just like before.

Just us.

Our split-screen video call.

And silence.

Until he finally breaks the silence.

"Will you still love me after a year, Sea?"

Without hesitations, I answered back right away. "Of course, Soo, I'll still love you after a year. And maybe a year more times one hundred and twelve."

[ END DAY ONE - 01:26 AM KST ]