Old Friends Meeting

EXO Sword

“Jieun?”, Luhan called her again.

She wanted to sleep for a bit longer.

Luhan’s warm hand touched her cold skin as he tried to shake her awake. She would shoo him away if she had enough energy.

“what did you do to her?”, Luhan yelled in anger, his voice turned to someone else.

“nothing.”, Chanyeol’s voice recognized, “she is going to wake up anytime now.”

“nothing? Hu?”, she said weakly, trying to seat.

She just started to realize that they were in a tent again, but not the fancy one they'd spent last night in -if it was even the last night. It was a much smaller one with a lower standard.

“told you so.”, Chanyeol said before getting up to go to the other side of the tent which was just a step or two away from where he used to sit.

Another three or two steps and he was standing above her with something that seems like a goat-skin bottle in his hand.

“Drink, it will help.”, he said, not with a tone she’d counted as nice but not with none either.

“Thanks.”, she tried not to be bitter either, cause right now she really needed that water, but she couldn’t enjoy it when Luhan snatched the bottle away from her.

“We don’t need it.”, he said, making his point clear by throwing the bottle away.

“But I’m thirsty.”, she whined, trying to reach the bottle. Not unexpectedly Luhan grabbed her wrist to stop her.

Now she just noticed a golden bracelet in his hands and new questions started to form in her not-yet-functional head.

“Why are you here?”, she didn’t dare to think before asking cause it hurt already.

“finally.”, he said, rolling his eyes, “they kidnapped me too, what else?”

“what?”

But how in the hell?

“When Kai teleported you here Baekhyun’d attacked us and we’d struggled a bit before Kai appeared again and teleported me and only me here. And as you can see they put this bracelet -handcuff- on me which means I cannot use my power.”

“tell me you’re joking.”, she said, looking at him seriously, “because it would be a really funny joke.”

“guess what, it’s not.”, Baekhyun’s voice said, smirking as he crept in the tent and picked the water bottle up, drinking from it, “you could make everything easier, by giving us the sword.”

“in your dream.”

“Personally, I like the situation we stuck in, it means I can get my revenge afterward.”, Baekhyun said, drinking another sip.

“Baekhyun.”, Chanyeol said and Baekhyun shot up immediately. He put a small tray of food before her, turning to look at her he said, “eat.”

She reached for the not so fancy food when again Luhan stopped her midway, “don’t. Can’t you see he wanted to take revenge from you?”

“I could kill her if I wanted to, plus she has to eat to have enough energy to move.”, Chanyeol reasoned, still calmly and friendly.

“Why don’t you then?”, she found herself asking it, wondering why he really didn’t.

“you don’t give me a reason.”, he mumbled.

“yet”, Baekhyun said with a wicked smirk on his face.


Luhan’s golden bracelets were exactly made of the same material as Exo sword and they get your crystal power away, so Luhan technically could just use the sword as the weapon which wasn’t a good idea since their kidnapper could use theirs freely.

And it seems like her father did something really bad to Byun’s that made him hate her so much. every time they saw each other, Baekhyun’s hateful glare was sending toward her and to her wonder, it bothered her much more than she expected.

Most of the time people talking about her with hatred but she was getting used to it by time. Though Baekhyun’s case was totally a different one, she saw him being nice to her and it bothered her to see him treated like a trash just because of her father.

“you're a ransom not a princess you know?”, Baekhyun said putting his heavy bag on her back, “you could carry some of these too.”

“what’s wrong with you?”, she snapped finally, after baring him for the three past days, “what did I do wrong?”, she already has a heavy bag in her hand.

“your existence.”, he said, smirking, the smirk that dropped her heart to her stomach.

“it doesn’t seem like to bother you when we first met.”

“Everybody made a mistake.”, he said angrily.

‘So my father.’, she wanted to yell but she knew somehow that it was just going to be a fuel on the fire, “what do you want to do about it?”

“don’t let it continue.”

“I’m afraid you can’t. Do you think because something my father did you can punish me?”, she said, letting her anger to get over her.

“exactly what your father did to my brother, you .”, he yelled and before she could react he brought out his dagger and pressed it against looking at her with all the hatred, “you deserve to be eaten alive by the animals here, I wonder why Chanyeol doesn’t do it yet.”

“put your dagger down.”, it was Luhan’s voice. Kai beside him, standing with a mixed expression, sadness, and disappointment.

“why should I?”, he asked pressing dagger harder, “don’t you believe in justice in your country?”

“justice? Look who’s saying, the son of a traitor.”

Baekhyun’s expression darken and his jaw harden, “how dear you call my father like THAT?”, he roared, “do you even know his father send Hyukjea after you?”

“what?”, Luhan looked at her, without hesitation, looking to find if she’d known anything or not.

he smirked but it wasn’t as bright as Jieun remembered, it was bitter and it bothered her. She wanted to explain, but whatever she does it meant that she accept that there were many wrong with knowing this and not telling him.

“how do you know? It was supposed to be a secret!”, Luhan said calmly, having his smirk on, his gaze changed from her to him.

“well played, but you don’t really expect me to believe it, do you?”, Baekhyun lowered his dagger as he jogged toward Chanyeol’s direction.

His dagger was no longer pressed on but somehow it still felt like it was. Her heart still beating so fast and her gaze was on Luhan.

“are you okay?”, he said as he strolled toward her.

She didn’t expect him to yell at her but also didn’t expect him to be calm.

“don’t say anything.”, he whispered.

‘He doesn’t want to talk about it.’

“I don’t mind if you know Hyukjea was after us or what, I know your father well enough to know he was just worried about you.”, he looked at her and she felt uncomfortable under his steady gaze.

‘you’re wrong.’, she would tell him, just if she remembered how to speak again.

“let’s go.”, Kai said, looking at Chanyeol and Baekhyun’s spot that started to become smaller, second by second, “come on guys, it’s getting darker we have to camp.”

“What did my father do to him?”, she asked for the third time, “I can’t bear it anymore, how bad is this?”

“He killed his family, her brother was-“

“enough.”, Luhan cut Kai harshly, “what is she going to do with the details?”

Night came fast and brought Chanyeol’s turn to watch on. And so Baekhyun was sleeping beside her.

“do you know the reason why I bring you here?”, Luhan said from her right-side.

“don’t tell me it was all planned and you actually have the power to set us free.”, she demanded without hesitation.

“no, I don’t.”, Luhan chuckled, “my father always brought me to this jungle and I know it too well.”

“well enough too free us from this mess?”

“Sorry to disappointed my lady but even if I could, I wouldn’t, it’s too dangerous especially with you here.”

“then why are you waking me up?”, she asked, opening an eye to look at him.

“Actually, I’d been planned to know you better and made you free from this marriage if you want.”, Luhan said, waiting for her to open her both eyes. “I know your father forced you to this marriage and I need it for power, but you’re my people too I can’t just sacrifice you for my own good.”

Baekhyun snorted. But she was busy thinking that she didn’t notice.

dose it mean she can actually choose? Once in her life, could choose to go outside all the prison and live as a normal person. “no, actually-“

“he’s not here. Jieun, why don’t you choose when I know you want it.”, Luhan looked at her deeply and read her toughly.

her mind was like a library, have an idea of everything in it sorted in the best way and for some reason, hard to reached some books that were really special to her, the king noticed.

“you shouldn’t read my mind!”, she tried to be as quiet as possible despite her anger inside. “my King you don’t know anything about me.”

“And I can’t in the future either if you don’t be open with me.”

“no, your highness, I think I’m wrong, you either don’t know a thing about my father or you’re so gullible, do you really think my father send Hyukjea to look after me? Don’t tell me you really care about me so you lied because even my father doesn’t and I know I’m damn precious to him.”

“Jieun, I don’t know how your father treats you but your both precious to me and I care about you, do you think I’m going to spend the rest of my life with someone I don’t like?”

She felt herself blush slightly and thank to darkness no one noticed.

Luhan probably count her silence as a sign, so he continued, “I don’t say I love you or I feel deeply for you, but I like you and I don’t bare you always say the opposite of your mind, I don’t bare what did your father do to you.”

She’d known she was going to cry but didn’t expect it so soon, closing her eyes she rolled over to look at the pierce on the ceiling of the tent.

It was shown the peaceful of starry night. A star blinking at her standing straight at her line of vision.

“they say if you saw a twinkle star, it means tomorrow is a big day for you.”, Luhan stated smiley.

“who said this?”, she asked, raising an eyebrow at him and his weird quote.

“they.”, he smirked, closing his eyes and waited for his well-deserved dream to come.


 Staying put on his spot without moving was harder than what he expected it to be. But still he have to, someone is wandering around and it almost unlikely to ran away from him.

He could feel his body heat –not as good as he could fire everything- but he could tell he’s a young man with a calm heart.

“Jongin.”

“yes.”, he said with his morning voice and Chanyeol imagine his sleepy face.

Not stopping the smile, he ordered with a serious tone, “teleport Luhan.”

“what? Why?”

“do as I say, somewhere near so we can find you, save your energy.”, he said, his eyes still closed.

“yes, boss.”, he mocked before, turning to wake the king.

“what’s wrong?”, another morning voice but this time a little annoyed came from inside the tent.

“We have to go.”, Kai said politely and grabbed his hand.

Chanyeol’s attention shifted to the man that by time was very close probably eyeing them from just several steps behind.

“Park Chanyeol.”, it seemed like his deep voice was coming from the old memory on his mind.

“warrior Do.”

He has been going with this new name? Hasn't he?

“Kyungsoo!”, Luhan yelled, probably a little too late because Chanyeol clearly heard the ‘pop’ sound Jongin made every time he teleports.

Kyungsoo mumbled something, probably the combination of ‘king’ and ‘Luhan’.

He completely missed the smoldering coal around the tent before it turned into a blazing fire right in front of him, made him stop before going into it.

“Why don’t you wake up and fight me then Park Chanyeol?”

Chanyeol couldn’t put his friend on hold anymore, standing in front of him he dragged his sword out of its place, “it’s been a long time.”

“it has.”, Kyungsoo said approaching him, trying to corner him like a prey.

The fire stifled slowly behind him, “do you know how much I miss our little ChanSoo time?”, Chanyeol said, meaning it from the bottom of his heart, “let’s get started.”

Starting from the edge of the sword, it glared first with a red fleshes before it was ablaze in his hand with a dangerous yellow flame.

“is it your liking?”, Chanyeol said with a teasing smirk, move a flaming sword back and forth.

Kyungsoo moved the sword skilfully like it was part of his body and it didn’t like he used so much force which he didn’t but his strength power was enough to leave a big damage, just if had wanted. He didn’t hesitate to cling his own sword into Chanyeol’s flaming one.

The fire crept its way toward his hand like a poisonous viper and each second it was getting harder to fight it back, time was completely against him.

He pressed his sword down enough so that the flame was now against their lord throat, “I’m not here to play with your new trick Chanyeol, where is Luhan?”, he asked through gritted teeth.

“I don’t know, Kai teleported him.”, he pushed him with all his force and made a distance between him and himself, he couldn’t fight back if the fight drifted into a combat, he could break his bones just for fun.

“warrior Do.”, Baekhyun call out, coming out of the tent his dagger again pressed on where it’d been cut a few days ago, “put your sword down.”

“she is not under my responsibility.”

“not you, but imagine what would Kim Inguk do to your precious King if he found out her daughter had been killed because of you.”, he smirked.

Taking a deep breath, Kyungsoo looked at her eyes. All the people said, eyes are talking so much but it seemed like he wasn’t a good reader.

From the first moment he saw her, she was different, different from what he imagined all by himself based on people’s word, from Baekhyun’s hatred. Different from her father. Her eyes- though he couldn’t read between the lines- made him wanted to believe ‘she is innocent’.

Unexpectedly his sword fell down on the ground with a cling, “put your dagger down, Baekhyun.”

“and why?”, he said with a smug voice.

“you don’t realize that she is innocent yet? She doesn’t have anything to do with her father business.”, now, he could see the change in her eyes, they were wide open, been taken by surprise. 

‘is it impressed?’, Kyungsoo tried to read.

“are you siding her now?”, Baekhyun roared.

Kyungsoo noticed her flinched at the loudness of his voice but his attention quickly drifted to the loud pop sound in the background.

“someone attack us.”

Artificial black dust appeared behind Kyungsoo before Luhan’s panting voice vocalized again, “Xiumin attack us.”, most likely, Xiumin attacked Kai.

His cold body now was lying beside kneeling Luhan. His eyes were closed but his breath wasn’t cut out yet, although it was ragged.

“Jongin.”, Baekhyun yelled, letting go of her to run to his friend.

“What happened?”, Kyungsoo asked, eyeing Jongin with a terrified face,  like this, pinched his heart so bad even though it’s been a long ago since they were still with each other.

“We get there...but...it didn’t take much for Xiumin to appear...HE KNEW I WAS GOING TO BE THERE.”

“That bastard.”, Baekhyun yelled in anger.

“he threw his iced dagger at our direction, I did my best to dodge them but one of them go straight at his direction.”

“get out of my way.”, Chanyeol said, kneeling near Jongin’s cold body.

His hands moved to press on his heart, it was the only thing he could do, if the cold finds its way toward his heart it would be a dead end.

“what are you doing?”, Kyungsoo’s hand grabbed his wrist within a second, “you can’t do it, what if it goes wrong? You might kill him.”

“what if I not? He's going to die if I don’t do any-“

“can you live with the guilt of killing your own friend if it goes wrong? No, you can’t Chanyeol.”, Kyungsoo said like he care.

Chanyeol wanted to yell you wouldn’t leave us if you cared.

But honestly, he didn’t know if he can. What if it goes wrong?

“Please.”, Jieun soft voice was like a water compared to the males yelling even. it was like a relief though Baekhyun struggle not to admit in his mind, “let me try.”

“you-“

How? Isn’t she the one without any crystal power?

Luhan eyed her every single move. She sat down heavily beside Chanyeol, putting her hand on where Kai shirt had been torn open.

She needed everything to be quiet and it was actually the best moment, everyone was gasping at the sight of her trying to use the crystal power she’d denied she had just a few days ago.

A blinding light came out of the wound, finding it’s way out through the cracks of her fingers. She could feel the wound was healing slightly under her finger as her energy drained out of her body and went through his to fix the damage Xiumin had caused.

‘he is all good now.’, she felt everything vanished under her skin as feel her body went numb, jolting badly, ready to faint every moment.

She could hear her name was called repeatedly but it all seemed like coming from the end of the tunnel. She knew she was lying on the ground or was it somebody’s lap? He was shaking her and she didn’t have enough energy to yell 'stop' before she didn’t even see the darkness.