General Bao's daugther

EXO Sword

She tiptoed into the room, opening the door slowly as it squeaked.

Baekhyun was sleeping on the bigger bed soundlessly and it made her rolled her eyes.

“What a jerk.” She scoffed, “I’m still injured, should I sleep on the small bed?”

“It wasn’t my fault, you’re late,” Baekhyun said, didn’t sound asleep at all.

“I knew you weren’t asleep.” She smirked, walking away from the doorstep.

“Was it lovely?” Baekhyun asked sarcastically, sitting up on the bed.

“Was what lovely?” she asked walking toward the dressing screen which she changed her dress sooner that day. Her old dress was still hanging on it.

“Your date,” Baekhyun said, probably rolling his eyes but she couldn’t see behind the thin fabric.

“Oh, the city was great, you know there were so many cherry blossom.” She said, ignoring him, which shut him up for a good two seconds.

“You probably should change your bandage.” He said, the playfulness had gone already, and she didn't like it.

“Should I?” she mumbled more to herself.

She didn’t know how to do it, because the first time Baekhyun had done it, and she couldn’t ask Baekhyun because the first time she had been unconscious.

“Do you want me to bring you some clean band-aid?” he asked again and she nearly cursed him.

Why is he so in rush?

She needed to think more about whatever she should do it at all or not.

“Are you dead?”

“Will you let me-“ she yelled but Baekhyun cut her off.

“Let you what?” Baekhyun said calmly. The sound of his footstep getting closer.

“Give me the band-aid.” She said, extending her arm out if the dressing screen.

He gave to her faster than she expected and again she heard his footstep getting further. “I’m right here if you need me.”

Even the first move for removing the band-aid, made her hissed in pain.

“You okay?” Baekhyun asked.

“I’m not,” she reached for another time, but it was as painful and she gave up, “I can’t, I can’t do it.”

“Do you want me to help you?” he suggested calmly, and it made her more nervous.

How could he be so calm about it?

“I wouldn’t even try anything.”

“Okay.” And she couldn’t believe she said that.


Changing the band-aid was just awkward although she wouldn’t even saw his face -and she was happy cause her face was probably so red- it just didn’t feel right.

But the realization of sleeping in the same room with Baekhyun, and just the two of them was even more awkward.

“Why aren’t sleep yet?” Baekhyun said sounding so tired.

“I can say the same thing.” She said rolling her eyes in the dark although Baekhyun couldn’t see it.

“I can see you rolling your eyes, and I can’t sleep because you move every second.” He said, and she imagined he raised an eyebrow ‘cause someone didn’t have control over light.

“Why is it bother you, were not even on the same bed!”

‘But in the same room.’ She screamed in her head.

“Do you want me to help you?” Baekhyun suddenly said, rolling around to her side to face her, and somehow she saw his face clearly.

“Help me with what?” she asked confusedly, wondering if she missed a part of their conversation.

“Sleeping, do you want me to make it dark for you?”

Make it dark for me? 

But why would a person want that?

“Why would a person want that?” she asked anyway.

“Many people ask me to do it, you don’t want it?” he asked, very confused as it was the first time someone rejected his offer.

“But it’s scary, isn’t it?”

“I don’t know.”

“You don’t know?” she asked looking at him now questioningly.

“I can’t. It’s never dark for me.” He said, his lips dropped, as if he wasn’t happy about it, “part of my power.”

“I’m sorry.” She said feeling guilty, and Baekhyun’s silence didn’t help at all either.

“Is it scary?” Baekhyun asked, his voice didn’t show anything.

“For everyone? I don’t-“

“For you?”

“Yes.” She muttered, remembering the cold feeling it gave her, even if it wasn’t cold in there.

It wasn’t a real feeling, she knew, it was her father. But somehow she could feel the darkness crept into her heart. “I’m going to sleep.” She said, wanting to escape from probably the most awkward conversation she and Baekhyun had ever had so far.

And soon she drifted to sleep, still thinking about how it could be hard for someone.


Baekhyun got up from bed slowly, not wanting to make unnecessary noises as it was ten in the morning and birds were noisy enough.

He looked out of the window just across his bed, the weather seemed good and there was no cloud in the sky to block the ray of sunshine on his face.

He didn’t like it. It was harsh and so bright, it hurt. He didn’t remember if he ever enjoyed the light if it wasn’t for him fighting against his enemy and trying to survive.

The fraction of their last conversation came back to him.

It wasn’t just that she thought whoever wants to sleep in dark is stupid, but more like she didn’t understand why a person would want that. And he knew a lot of people who want it.

He looked at her for a good ten second before realizing that would be so awkward if she wakes up and sees him staring at her like a creep. And he actually had something to do.

So he put on his clothes, casting another glance at the sleeping figure before closing the door behind him.


“Do you know where to find a beautiful woman at 1:11?”

“Follow me.”

It was code for a secret society and seem like Baekhyun said it correctly. Jung’s sister society was kind of a dealer. Information dealer. But also they would do some special tasks for their beloved customer.

The boy was young and he walked swiftly but calmly. It was like he was half teleporting and it was kind of hard to catch up with him till the end. Which happened to be the back door of the tavern.

“We’re here. What’s the job?” despite his young age, he seemed confident and bold.

“What’s your name, young man?” Baekhyun said, smirking a teasing smirk that he knew was a little unnerving.

Not for the young man though.

“That’s beyond the point. What’s a job?” He repeat bluntly.

“Even though you don’t tell me your name, I’m going to tell you mine, my name is Byun Baekhyun.” He said, taking a long glance to watch his reaction carefully.

And when the boy stood upright and darted his eyes to the floor, that’s when Baekhyun knew his reputation taking ahead of him.

“I-I didn’t know sir.” He bowed a complete ninety-degree bow.

“That’s okay you can compensate. But before that, this is the job.” Baekhyun brought out an envelope and handed it over to the boy. “Deliver this letter to Park Chanyeol, in person. You know where to find him right?”

“Yes, sir.” He said, bowing again, “I’m well trained, one of the best at my job.”

“You didn’t tell me your name.”

“Park Jisung, sir.” He said nervously, eyeing him. “Are you going to...”

“Going to what?” Baekhyun said, playing dumb. He knew he had to pay the price. But it was amusing playing with the young boy.

“The money?” he said, his tone totally different from the tone he used at the first.

“That’s my compensate.”

“b-but, I don’t have any money! And the Jung sisters want money, or else I’ll lose my job.” He looked flustered, and that was Baekhyun knew it was the time to the job he was here for.

“You know what’s the motto of Jung sister right?” he said calmly, approaching the poor boy like a pray.

“What?”

“Yes. If you don’t give money, we buy information.” Baekhyun repeats the words, emphasizing each word.

“No, they’re going to kill me if they find out.”

“They’re not going to.” Baekhyun whispered, nodding to reassure, “and aren’t you afraid if I’m going to kill you?”

“What do you want to know?”

“What else but Kim Inguk?” Baekhyun said trying hard not to wince as he said his name.

“it’s going to sound as creepy as it is, but nobody knows, whenever I tried it, it just seems like people don’t want to talk about it at all. Some of them don’t know anything at all but some of them are genuinely scared.”

“Knock it off, it is not the answer to my question,” Baekhyun said trough gritted tooth, his patient obviously wearing thin.

“Bottom line is I don’t know anything about it. But I can tell you who can give you some information.” 

“Who?”

“Do you know the old general Bao? Aside from Lee family, He knows, and so his family.”

“Where can I find them?”

“Tonight at the fiesta.”

“No, that’s too late. ”

“His daughter is arriving tonight for the fiesta, and believe me it’s definitely a better option than Lees, you ask them about Kim Inguk, and they’re going to kill you right away.” He ended it with a knowing eyes

“What about his parents?” Baekhyun sighed. Their schedule was tight and he already asked for more time from Chanyeol, staying for the fiesta would just make things worse.

“No one knows, except the Lees.”

“Damn Lees. All of them are a pain in the .”

“What?”

“Nothing. Good job.” He tossed a bag of golds at him before exiting the tavern from the same door he’d enter.

He couldn’t possibly wait for the fiesta, they have to leave this afternoon, and nothing could change his mind.

At least he thought, until he saw Lee Taeyong right in front of himself with a girl behind him.

“Nice to see you here Mr. Park,” Taeyong said bitterly.

“Nice to see you with your new girlfriend too.” He smirked, already knowing that he was going to tell Jieun as soon as he came back.

“I’m not.” The girl said faster, coming out from his back. She approached him slowly and extend her hand with manner, “Bao Ming-Mei.”

The name caught him by surprise, he didn’t know what he had to do with hand for a second. And when he realized, her eyebrow was raised already. He grabbed her hand and kiss it gently, “Park Baekhyun.” He said smiling.

“Do you have any plan Mr. Park?” the young lady asked, still eyeing him with interest.

“Nothing specific, my lady.” He said polity and Taeyong rolled his eyes.

“Then could you accompany us to the mansion? I come a long way and the only person I see so far is Taeyong, and his not helping me refresh.” She asked excitedly, glancing Taeyong to make sure he wouldn’t protest.

“My pleasure.” He said. But it actually took him a moment when he saw her hand extended in his direction before he took it gently. And a second later they were walking side by side toward the lee mansion.

“How do you like Xikown already?” Baekhyun asked suddenly it even took himself by surprise.

“Not really, but I guess the boys are really handsome.”

“Such a pity, I’m not from here then.” He said, moving his head from side to side slowly.

“You’re not? Then where are you from?”

“I’m a traveler, so nowhere?”

“That must be fun. You should visit Yunhan.”

“By any chance, are you the daughter of general Bao?” he asked a question that led to the main reason finally.

“And you’re so smart.” She giggled and tapped his nose, and Baekhyun really resist the urge to just leave them and go back to Jieun.

“You must be really powerful since your father was the right-hand man of Kim Inguk when he was young.” He said pretending to distance himself from her but she caught his arm.

“Yes, but it doesn’t mean anything.” She said obviously struggling to sound convincing.

“Why? Are they not in good terms?”

“Oh, you wish.” She chuckled but stopped when saw his confused face, “they are so close, why do you think Kim Inguk is still on power? My father knows enough about him to destroy him.” She whispered quietly, barely audible.

“What about you? Are you as powerful?” Baekhyun whispered back with a smirk, hoping to charm his way.

“Why?”

“Because I love powerful women.”