002

Marry Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

4. Your jewelry box is definitely not the way you left it. It's entirely possible that he was double-checking your ring size. Just keep in mind that not all rings come with the promise of eternal love. Some of them are just regular rings. And, unless he's the kind of guy that's incredibly blunt, if he outright asks you for your ring size, it's almost definitely not for an engagement ring.

 

“Junmyeon?” you stir at the feeling of someone clutching your arm and the sound of a camera shutter going off. “What are you doing?”

 

It takes a while for your eyes to come into focus from a very good nap you’ve just taken. It is a Saturday and you’re pretty sure you’ve slept for a good three hours. You are then greeted by a sheepish Junmyeon who has let go of you. “Hi?”

 

“What were you doing?” you ask again, voice raspy with sleep. “Were you holding my hand?”

 

Noticing his phone in his other hand, you tip your head towards it. “What were you taking a picture of? If it’s an ugly picture of me, I’m giving you one chance to delete it.”

 

He laughs. “It’s not an ugly picture of you. C’mon, I’m better than that.”

 

You shoot him a look which says ‘Are you?’. “Show me the picture! I don’t want anyone seeing me look like a troll in my sleep.”

 

Junmyeon sighs before handing the phone over. He knows there’s no way out of this. “For the record, you make an adorable troll.”

 

You huff when you scroll through his gallery to find that the first few pictures are of you with your mouth open, deep in slumber. You whack him playfully on the arm for that. Then, you catch a glimpse of what seems to be just your hand before he snatches the phone away.

 

“Why did you take a picture of my hand?” you ask confusedly, glancing down at your palms. You check your hands but cannot find anything out of the ordinary. “What did you do?”

 

“Okay… fine. Sehun had this bet with me that I had the smallest hands compared to you, him and Yoora. I had to prove him wrong, obviously.”

 

“Why couldn’t you just ask me?” you probe. Boys never made any sense to you. “You could’ve gotten better proof if both of our hands are in the shot for comparison.”

 

“So you’ll let me take a picture of your hand?”

 

You laugh at the strangeness of it all. “Yeah, sure. Why wouldn’t I?”

 

Junmyeon happily goes over to the window, proclaiming about natural light for better pictures. He really seems elated about winning the bet. You don’t even try to hide your laughter.

 

He is very satisfied with the pictures, patting himself on the back for having taken such a good picture. It is so ridiculous that you can’t stand another moment of it and push yourself off the bed. With the rest of the Saturday left, now would be a good time to prepare your outfit for Yoora’s engagement party.

 

“What should I wear for Yoora’s engagement?” you think aloud.

 

“The blue dress looked nice on you the other time,” Junmyeon offers helpfully. “You know, the one from my mum’s birthday party.”

 

You rummage through your closet and dig the said dress out. “This one?”

 

He gives you two thumbs up and gestures for you to try it on. You do as he says, stripping off the oversized shirt you were wearing to sleep and shrugging on the blue dress. You look at yourself in the mirror for a moment. The dress hugs your body very well, showing off your waist and glutes, in a royal blue colour which matches your skin very well. Junmyeon admittedly has good taste.

 

“What do you think?”

 

You turn around to see Junmyeon staring dazedly at you, a low whistle escaping his lips. Somehow, it looks as if he is not entirely focused on you in the present, but stuck in a sort of daydream. You cannot deny that it makes you feel quite confident.

 

Raising an eyebrow at him, you clear your throat. This snaps him out of his thoughts, and his eyes do another once-over. He grins smugly at you. “I have good taste, do I not?”

 

“You have me as your girlfriend, of course you have good taste.” You roll your eyes as you search for your jewellery box to complete the outfit. You are not much of a jewellery person, so it takes quite a while for you to find it.

 

Junmyeon approaches you from behind, encasing you in a tight backhug. You squeal in surprise, turning around to face him. He runs his hands over your body line beginning from your shoulders slowly but surely. Oh, he definitely remembered this dress for a reason.

 

“I’m not done with my outfit yet,” you giggle, pulling away from him to open your jewellery box. It is in a total mess, and you can’t remember the last time you used it. You are usually a neat person, so the only explanation would be that you were too drunk the previous time to keep things properly.

 

Junmyeon helps to untangle some of your necklaces as you pick out some nice rings and bracelets from the box. You notice that the rings are all over the place, even more so than the other items.

 

“Why are all my things so messy?” you groan, sorting through the jewellery. He only chuckles as he clasps on a gold necklace around your neck. “I can’t recall the last time I’ve opened this box either.”

 

He slides one of the rings onto your finger unhurriedly and it feels as if time has stopped around the both of you. Holding your breath, you wonder if this is what it is going to feel like when he pops the question. If he pops the question.

 

He steps back, taking a long look at you before shaking his head. “No, this can’t do.”

 

“Why not?”

 

“This is Yoora’s party. She’d be mad if you came in looking like the prettiest girl in the room.”

 

The redness on your cheeks in unmistakable but you still glare at him anyway.

 

 

5. He looks even MORE like a deer in headlights when someone asks, "When are you guys getting engaged?" Also, he gets very jumpy.

 

Yoora’s engagement party is on at full swing, with a lot of guests weaving in and out of the hall. Yoora looks positively glowing with happiness as she clutches Sehun’s arm. There are plenty of people crowding around them, sharing laughter and their congratulations.

 

You sigh dreamily as you watch them. Just then, Junmyeon appears beside you, passing you a drink. “What are you looking at?”

 

You nod over to their direction. “Both of them look so happy. Can you believe it? We’re already all grown up and our friends are already getting married. I wonder who the next one to get married will be.”

 

Junmyeon noticeably tenses up. But before you can ask him about it, the happy couple are already making their way towards you.

 

“Jaera!” Yoora exclaims, giggling as she does so. “What are you doing just standing here? Go out and mingle with everyone! Might I add that you look great?! Your dress looks really good.”

 

You let out a small laugh. “I’m fine. Junmyeon’s here to keep me company.”

 

“I was the one who picked her dress,” he pipes up. Sehun gives him a high-five, nodding in approval. “Congratulations again, by the way. The party looks amazing.”

 

“Aww, thank you Junmyeon,” Yoora replies, her eyes crinkling. “I’m sure your engagement party will look amazing as well.”

 

You splutter, as does Junmyeon. He seems very flustered as he answers, “Well, you know…”

 

“Yeah, when is it?” Sehun asks with an innocent look on his face. “We’ll be the first ones to get the invitation, right?”

 

You don’t miss the glare Junmyeon sends his way before a random guest whisks the both of them away. Why does he always get so tongue-tied whenever somebody brings up the topic of marriage? Is that even a part of his mind right now?

 

Pouting, you set the drink and all your drinks onto the table. “I need to go to the restroom.”

 

“Didn’t you just go like twenty minutes ago?”

 

“I have to powder my nose!”

 

He chuckles, knowing that you easily get sweaty and always have your makeup touched up from time to time. However, before you can walk away, he pulls you back by the wrist.

 

“Aren’t you forgetting something?” he asks, still holding onto your hand.

 

The answer comes to you in a few seconds. You lean down and peck him on the lips, as you always do. Junmyeon shakes as he laughs and you can’t understand why. You huff at his laughing face.

 

“I meant these,” he says, opening his other hand to reveal your mobile phone. You blush. “But thank you.”

 

-

 

The both of you are on the rooftop of the hotel. The wind is blowing through your hair and the view from where you are standing is spectacular. It is calming to watch the cars pass by from below and the twinkling lights from the city buildings. There aren’t any stars you can see in the sky though, but Junmyeon insists that he is the only star you need.

 

He has his hand wrapped around you while your head is on his shoulder. He feels very warm despite the wind and you feel very secure in his hold. It feels nice to have just the two of you here, surrounded by the pretty night view.

 

“I like this,” you blurt out.

 

He hums. “Me too.”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter