Final

Matchmaking Failed?
Please log in to read the full chapter

She was the most beautiful woman Yena had ever laid eyes upon.

 

 

Gray-brown hair tied back into a professional ponytail to reveal porcelain skin and bright amber eyes that lit up with amicability and and kindness towards everyone. A slender figure that moved with grace and ease as she patrolled up and down the counter, emphasized by the formal bartender suit, delicate hands that fixed up each drink with such speed and precision they were almost a blur. The genuine smile on her face when she addressed each customer.

 

The innocent charming smile she addressed Yena at that moment.

 

"Good afternoon. What can I get for you two?"

 

 

Next to Yena, Yujin placed her order without any problems, but the short-black-haired woman found herself drawing a blank on any and every type of alcohol she'd ever known. "Uh…"

 

 

The bartender waited patiently, but Yena's silence was still ongoing after two minutes, to the point where even Yujin nudged her leg and gave her an urgent look.

 

 

"Shall I come back after you've had more time to think?" the bartender offered.

 

 

Yujin was the one who had to answer. "That'd be great, thanks." She smiled in that charming Yujin way of hers, and then as soon as the bartender had turned around she shot a bewildered glance at Yena. "Okay, what was that?"

 

 

Yena was still staring dazedly at the other woman.

 

"Yena, holy , get your eyes off of her ." She’s so whipped , she does not believe in love at first sight before but now that it happens to her, everything is possible.

 

 

"They are most certainly not on her-!" Yena retorted indignantly, cutting herself off before any vulgar language could arise. Her face glowed red and she looked down at her lap in embarrassment.

 

 

Yujin smothered a laugh behind her fist, coughed once to cover it up, and then leaned over to her colleague, bumping shoulders with her good-naturedly. "Oh~ So Yena has a little crush, now, does she?!"

 

 

Yena mumbled something under her breath and Yujin didn't bother hiding her laugh that time. However, before either of them could say anything, the bartender returned with Yujin's drink, delivering it with a smile.

 

"Thank you very much." Yujin returned the smile smoothly, and the bartender beamed.

 

"Not a problem!" she chirped before turning to Yena. "Have you decided on what you would like?"

 

Yena replied eloquently, "Huh?"

 

"She'll have what I got," Yujin cut in. "Thanks for your patience."

 

The bartender dipped her head with a polite, "Not at all." She cast an amused glance at Yena and then turned back to the wide arrange of liquors and glasses behind her.

 

 

Yena slumped down, and Yujin rubbed her back comfortingly.

 

 

"Well, she looked at you," she pointed out. "That's something."

 

 

"She must think I'm an idiot," Yena muttered.

 

 

"No, no one would ever think you're an idiot, Yena-."

 

 

"You're a terrible liar." Yena looked at her friend miserably, and Yujin felt a pang of guilt. "What do I do?" the older woman moaned.

Yujin observed the pathetic state of her partner in crime, half lying on the bar in defeat, and sighed and slid her glass over to her, patting her head in sympathy. "There, there. Don't worry about it, Yena. For now, just have a drink."

 

 

.

.

.

 

One hour and several drinks later, Yujin found herself severely regretting her words.

 

"I mean, she's just so hot," Yena wailed, "and I'm so… not."

 

"Oh, don't say that…" Yujin reassured weakly, trying to ignore all the stares from the other customers, and, more importantly, from the bartender, who seemed to be taking great entertainment from her drunken mess of a friend.

 

Yena, completely oblivious to it all, waved her arms wildly. "Don't- don't even try that on me, Yujin! It's easy for you! You're hot too!"

 

"Okay, well, I can't deny that, but you're plenty beautiful, Yena."

 

"Not as much as you are!"

 

"Oh, you."

 

Yena groaned loudly, collapsing over the bar again and sloshing the last few drops of liquid in her cup around. "S'not fair," she mumbled into her arm. "You might as well go make out with her and have her hot kid. All hot people should just go off and be hot together and have hot babies and leav

Please log in to read the full chapter