Chapter 1

Heartbeats of a Queen Bee
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

  

  "So, according to the votes from the school board, the student that will be selected as this year's mathelete is..." 

 

  "Here's my queue to stand. ALL HAIL THE QUEEN!" Wonyoung thought as she crosses her arms, looking very cocky.

 

   Every year, the school board picks a student to represent the school as a mathelete, which is the person that'll enter the national math athlete championship. It has always been Jang Wonyoung with the most votes. With a brain like Einstain, goddesslike visuals; who wouldn't vote for her? Not to mention, her grandfather is the ambassador of Jang CORP, the company that practically owns the school.

  Wonyoung was already ready to stand until the teacher announces something unexpected.

 

 "Ahn Yujin! Congratulations, You're the school's mathelete!" Claps from the students and teachers starts to crowd the hall but Wonyoung here doesn't know how to react.

 

 "No. No. No! How?! When?! Who?!" She balls her hands into a fist, then took a glance at the person that stole her title. And there she is, a girl with a slender figure walks quickly towards the teacher to get her certificate. She puts her hair up in a high ponytail and wore spectacles that's just above her nose. She also has cute dimples when she smiles. 

 

  "God, she's cute. But that's not the point!" The ceremony continued with teachers/student praising Ahn Yujin and the unsatisfied Jang Wonyoung.

 

 

  

 

  

 

  "Okay, WHO THE IS AHN YUJIN?!" Wonyoung slams her food tray on the table and sat across her bestfriend. "Dude, Calm your ! I'm eating a sandwich!"

 

   "I don't give a about your damn sandwich! Now, tell me. WHO THE HELL IS AHN ING YUJIN?!" Chaewon finally places down her half-eaten sandwich and clears .

   

   "Dude, how can you not know? She's the smartest kid in our school." She says with an amazed manner then continues to gobble down her meal.

 

   "Smartest kid? Bull." Wonyoung scoffed. "Since when?" Chaewon stops taking a bite and raises an eyebrow. "Listen here,missy. She scored a mothering hundred in Math, English lit and Chemistry!"

    

    Wonyoung didn't notice but her eyes look like they were gonna pop out. "What the heck?! That's it, where is she?!" She scans the entire cafeteria and spots her sitting with another girl not that far from them. "There she is. Look, she has a friend." Chaewon peeks for a second and continued eating her sandwich. "Well, she's pretty famous here so she has a ton of friends. And that's Choi Yena, the kid that broke her arm during soccer practise"

 

     Wonyoung lets out a little chuckle. "So, they're pals? They suit each other." Chaewon wipes with a napkin and crumples it. "Hey, don't underestimate them. They could be better then you think. You never know." She finishes her iced tea and stood up to throw away her tray. "Plus, why are you giving Yujin so much attention? Are you gay for her or what?"

 

     Wonyoung too did the same." no. She stole my mothering title, that's why." They both started to walk to class for Art Class, one of Wonyoung's most favourite subjects. "You know, Wonyoung." Chaewon wraps her arm around Wonyoung's shoulder. "Maybe, this year's luck is not for you." Wonyoung frowned and unwraps her arms. "Ugh, whatever." Then, she took off.

 

 

 

  

 

 

  Meanwhile...

 

 

  "Hey, why the hell was Jang Wonyoung throwing eye daggers at you?" Yena asked Yujin as soon as she sees the popular du

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter