I'm Back es

QUEENS.

The haunting clack of her heels echoed through the hallways. It was oh so familiar, but chilling all at the same time. People turned and stared. Just the way Jennie liked it. 

Kim Jennie, she was St. Helena's former BIC, if you wanted to be technical, it was -In-Charge. Why? Jennie ruled the school, with her posse of gorgeous friends, she was able to get anything she wanted, whenever she wanted. 

That was all past sense however, she had moved away out of the blue two years ago. No explanation, none. Almost a mystery. 

Everyone thought she had secrets. She knew everyone's secrets, the reason she had been at the top of the social hierarchy was because of that. Also for the fact that she was irresistibly good looking. 

What happened to her posse after Jennie moved away? They drifted apart, Jennie had been the glue that kept them close. 

They were Kim Jisoo, Lalisa Manoban, and Park Chaeyoung. They weren't your average posse, those girls could be just as cold and y as Kim Jennie. 

Jennie smiled at the thought of her friends whom she had left behind. How surprised would they be to see her? 

 

⭐️

 

"Um, Chaeyoung? Could we talk?" Lisa spoke softly, approaching the dark haired girl with slight awkwardness. She hadn't spoken to this girl in ages. 

Lalisa Manoban, the blonde. There was always one in every group. Lalisa, or as her friends called her Lisa, wasn't stupid. She was far from it actually. She just happened to have blonde hair, giving off the persona that she was really stupid. In reality she was hard to get, rude, snarky, and shut down any attempt from the opposite . You could say this attitude a few of the male students at the co-ed school. 

"Lisa?" Chaeyoung shut her locker, running a hand through her hair. "Yeah, sure...what is it?" 

"She's back. Did you hear?" 

"Jennie? Yes I heard, I-I don't know how to feel. So much has happened since she left..." 

Park Chaeyoung, the sweetheart. She was the one in the posse who apologized profusely to Jennie's victims for the BIC's behavior. Jennie found it unnecessary and weak, but it made Park Chaeyoung the most approachable one out of the whole group. She was currently dating Park Jimin, one of the school's Golden Boys. Good looks and charming personality, both the Parks were the power couple of the year. Winning King and Queen for the Fall, Winter, and Spring Formal last year, the couple seemed picture perfect. 

Lisa nodded. So much had happened, a lot which neither of them wished to speak about. 

One thing that thrived in St. Helena's, secrets. There were so many, everybody had one. If you didn't have one, you simply didn't belong. 

"Do you want to eat lunch with me today? I was going to invite Jisoo, like old times." Chaeyoung piped, seeing the conversation was going nowhere. 

Lisa offered her a small smile, adjusting the bag on her shoulder. "Yeah, sure. I'll be there."

"Great. See you." It wasn't so hard for Chaeyoung to offer Lisa a genuine smile, realizing how long it had been since she had smiled like that. 

Lisa returned it, turning in the opposite direction to head to her next class. 

 

⭐️

 

Jennie sat in one of her classes, hardly paying attention to the teacher. Her eyes were on one girl in particular; Kim Jisoo. 

The girl had gotten hot now, Jennie couldn't help but admit. She had her original black hair, the ends were dyed purple. She wore more makeup now, winged eyeliner, dusty rose lipstick and mascara. It looked good. 

She didn't miss Jisoo's eyes widen when they locked onto Jennie's. It made Jennie smile. She missed Jisoo, not just her. She missed Lisa and Chaeyoung as well. 

Two years had drained a lot out of her, but she wanted her place back at St. Helena, the throne. 

The bell rang fortunately, Jennie got up. 

"Well, well...if it isn't Kim Jisoo." 

"I-I can't believe you're back?" She responded just as quickly, turning around to look at Jennie as the other students filed out of the room. 

Kim Jisoo, the smart one. She was incredibly intelligent, with a 4.0 GPA, shes was what a lot of students wanted to be. But what did Jisoo want? 

A boy. Kim Seokjin. She had been pining after him, never making a move. Why hadn't she though? She had everything. The looks, the body, the grades, money, popularity. 

Jisoo lacked confidence. She lacked her wing woman, Kim Jennie. And that stone faced was back. 

"Just moved back last week. It's been a while, we have a ton to catch up on." 

"Boy, won't everyone be excited to see you?" 

"I know Lisa and Chaeng will be. I'm not sure about anyone else." 

"You're forgetting the Golden Boys."

"All they do is cause trouble. I hope we never have to interact with them." 

 

⭐️

 

Everyone could feel the peace that had graced the school with its presence slowly diminishing. Especially when Jennie walked inside the cafeteria with Jisoo. All hopes for her never coming back to the top were dismissed.

Eyes turned from Jisoo and Jennie to Lisa and Chaeyoung. Those two stood on the other end of the hall, locking eyes with each other. 

Despite being her posse, they were just as powerful as Jennie. Especially Lisa, once Jennie had left, everyone assumed she would've taken her spot as BIC. 

People were pleasantly surprised to see that she didn't. 

"Cute necklace, where from?" Jennie asked the blonde, walking over to the two. Jisoo followed in suite. 

"Louis Vuitton."

"Did you buy them?" Jennie smiled at Lisa, it seemed more like a playful smirk. 

"No...it was a gift." The two shared a look. "Welcome back, I missed you."

The air of tension was gone almost instantly, people started to look away. 

"I missed all of you too! Now, I heard from Jisoo that Chaeng here has a boyfriend?" 

"Oh, you missed lots Jennie. We'll fill you in." Chaeyoung was grinning, she led all three to their original table, at the end of the room. 

Several pairs of eyes followed the four; The Golden Boys. 

"Damn, Jimin. Looks like your girl's posse is back together again." Jungkook whistled lowly. 

Jeon Jungkook, the . He was a total flirt, but was never in it for a proper relationship. In fact, he probably never had a proper relationship before. He definitely wasn't a , the boy had almost every girl around his finger. Note the key word: almost. 

"It's not her posse Jungkook. It's Jennie's." Jimin corrected with a sigh. 

Park Jimin, the other sweetheart. Boyfriend to Park Chaeyoung, he was on the soccer team along with Jeon Jungkook and the rest of the Golden Boys. He seemed as pure as the shine on his pearly white teeth, but everyone had a secret. What are you hiding Park Jimin?

"And looks like the Queens have reunited once again. Maybe things will get interesting around here again. She was always stirring trouble." Taehyung mused, sharing a look with Jungkook.

Kim Taehyung, the bad boy. Don't let that cute box-like smile fool you. He's gotten into numerous fights, inside and outside of school. It's okay though, his uncle is the principal so the boy could never get into trouble. Known for breaking numerous girls' hearts, he's also one of the Golden Boys; charming looks with a seemingly perfect personality. 

"Now tell us Jennie...did you have any lovers while you were away?" Chaeyoung asked, drumming her fingers on the table. 

"My lovers? What about your lover? I heard that my Chaeng has maintained a relationship with the Park Jimin for a steady year?" 

Chaeyoung smiled, eyes glancing over at Jimin then back to Jennie, happily distracted. "Yeah, I've been dating Chim since last year. I wish you would've been here, I could've used you for some advice." 

"Well I'm back now. Things seem a bit drab around, don't they?" 

"Yeah, it has been. Well that should change, shouldn't it?" 

Jennie turned in the direction of the voice, along with Jisoo, Chaeyoung, and Lisa. The blonde was first to roll her eyes. 

"Would you look at that? It's Jungkook." Lisa muttered in distaste, Chaeyoung however smiled at Jimin. Jennie watched with an unreadable smirk as Chaeyoung quickly pecked Jimin's lips. 

"Hello to you too doll-face. But I was talking to Jennie." 

"Grow a , Jeon. Leave us alone."

"Oh, aren't you eager to see? I'll see you around." He responded just as smoothly, eyes flitting from Jennie to Lisa once again. He offered her a small wink before leaving with Jimin and Taehyung. 

"I'll see you after school babe." Jimin called, smiling at Chaeyoung before leaving. Chae nodded, sharing a look with Jisoo then turning to Jennie. 

Lisa and Jennie watched Jungkook walk away in disgust. 

"I really hate him." Jennie muttered. 

"Don't we all?" The girl next to her responded, letting out a scoff. "Well, it was seriously nice seeing you again Jennie. My place, after school?" 

"Of course." All three chimed. 

Hell was back. And so were the Queens.