for the better

down the rabbit hole.

Yujin felt dizzy. It was one of those Monday mornings when she would attend school after a night out with her friends on a Sunday just to celebrate the weekend which was a usual routine for her gang, it started during the last year of their High School and would visit the said place like 4 times a month, Yujin knows how to control herself upon taking up alcohol but last night became too much. Yujin laid her head peacefully on her desk trying not to get caught by their Professor who seemed to be enthusiastic about whatever formula she was explaining, Yujin was about to drift into dreamland slowly closing her eyes when she felt a light hit on her head. Annoyed, Yujin raised her head to see Yena who was the one who probably did that (Yes, Yujin knows it clearly well.) She turned her head around and glared at Yena who was on the other row of seats while Yena signaling to look at her desk where a crumpled paper was.

 

Yujin opened the paper and saw Yena's message asking her to cut classes with her after lunch since it's been a while since they visited the computer cafe and apparantly Yena has been dying to play League of Legends, Yujin could only snort because the last time they played League of Legends Yena almost killed her for winning against Yena's team, Yujin was about to signal Yena her response when she felt another piece of paper accurately hitting her in the head. Yujin didn't bothered looking at the mere sender but opened the crumpled paper. 

 

"Listen to the prof Dip."

 

Yujin turned her head and glared at Yena who she believed threw the next paper but then Yena raised both of her hands signaling Yujin it wasn't her but was Chaeyeon who were sitting on the other side, Yena and Yujin are both crackheads who only has PE and volleyball as their assets but in their gang, it's pretty much Chaeyeon who goes around and lets the duo copy off her homeworks and exams. Yujin was about to argue by signals but was interrupted by their Professor who noticed Yujin's usually odd behaviour.

"Miss Ahn, mind to share your business with Miss Uh." The professor paused, Chaeyeon never got scolded before. "Miss Lee." 

Yujin stood up and didn't answer, when the Professor came close to her she immediately hid the papers specially Yena's because Yena might get in real trouble when their Professor reads it. 

"Spreading casualty even in the classroom Miss Ahn? Being good in a ball sport doesn't give you the validation to slack off my subjects when you got a C- the last time in my term."  

 

Yujin only laid her head down refusing to answer her Professor because as much as Yujin hates to admit it, her Professor was right she at Math she never really loved numbers, she thought that why isn't number dyslexia possible or was she just bad at it. Yujin knows and can do a lot of things but then Mathematics wasn't really on the list, she was prepared to have along discussion with her Professor who was probably going to use Ad Hominem on her until the last minute of their free time, Yujin seemed to loathe Yena a lot but then there are just some times when Yujin is very thankful for her duck friend. 

 

"Ugh, Miss Choi i hate to break it to you while you use Ad hominem to my friend." clearly, their Professor was offended by Yena's statement and was about to answer Yena but then Yena didn't let her start "Apparently, there's a student whomst i think is waiting for you at the door." Their Professor took one last look at Yujin and went on with her business to check on the Student who was probably waiting for their Professor. 

"Hey , you owe me one treat me to lunch later." Yn

"Treat my , we're not even sure if she's going to let me off the hook." 

Yujin was getting impatient she just want to sit down since the headache was acting up again and it's only a few minutes when their Professor came back with a student who was helding on the strap of her backpack as if she was a little girl, but she wasn't really. She was about Yujin's height, long hair, soft orbs, fair skin and simple. Yujin still stood up tall and waiting for their Professor to say a thing.

"So today, i have here your new classmate who came from the states, i hope you give her a warm welcome and treat her well." Their Professor emphasized about treating the new student well because she knew the capability of the section when it comes to prank and god knows what idea might the section might think since the kid was from abroad, "You can now introduce yourself." The Prof continue, giving the floor to the new student, she was cute. Yujin thought but not her type, she was pretty much the same height with Yujin, her hair in a braid and -- she doesn't really need to explain the girl is pretty.

 

"Hello, I'm Jang Wonyoung i hope to be good friends with all of you." The girl introduced her name softly and smiled after making her braces visible, The professor asked Wonyoung to pick a seat and it just so happens that the only seat left was infront of Yujin where their old classmate sat, the girl walked to the chair and Yujin tried to offer a smile but it seemed as if the girl didn't noticed, Their prof talked a little informing Wonyoung about school and all and diverted her attention to Yujin who was still standing at the back of the class. 

 

"I expect you to be more timid Ms Ahn, you may now take your seat."

 

Maybe she did owe Yena once this time a smile crept on Yujin's face, she didn't bothered to look at Yena who's probably doing a victory dance right at the moment but Yujin only found herself staring at the persons's back infront of her, it was a minute or two when Jang Wonyoung actually turned her head for Yujin. 

"Uh, Hi! can i ask about the requirements in here?"  

It was a quick question and a quick reply for Yujin.

 

 

Their subject ended in a daze and everybody from their class stormed out from their classroom, Yujin just sat in her seat too jaded to move until Yena approached her holding her bag in one hand from her shoulder who looks persistent to ask Yujin to cut classes with her.

"Guess who owes me for lunch." Yena said in a victorious tone 

"Ain't gonna happen, actually I'm not in the mood for League maybe later."

"Seriously Yujin? This is what i get for taking care of you last night when you were drunk as ."

Yujin wasn't guilty because it wasn't Yena who took care of her but Chaeyeon and it's an understandable fact that Chaeyeon takes care of them when they go out unlike Yena who only take photos of them while they're wasted.

"Who took care of who?" Chaeyeon interrupted tugging on the straps of her two bags.

"Eh, nothing nothing i was just asking Yujin to play League with me and it seems like i saved her from Choi." Yena smiled dumbly 

Whilst the two was arguing, Yujin was busy looking for Wonyoung who's still fixing her things, it's pretty tough when you move to a new school since you don't know anyone, Yujin wanted to ask Wonyoung for lunch but with Yena there, she doubts it would be peaceful, the two kept their argument going until Wonyoung left and that made Yujin made her decision 

"Come on, no League for today i'll treat you to lunch."

 

The gang hurriedly went to lunch and found Chaewon in their usual lunch table who seemed to be in a grumpy mood, Chaewon was their friend who were from another section which also happens to be Yujin's team mate, they weren't really close until they found Chaewon in one of those clubs that they went into and immediately clicked. Yujin placed her bag on the table and gave Yena the money to buy her lunch and lets Yena buy whatever kind of food she wants to eat that lunch time Yena hurriedly dragged Chaeyeon since the line was getting longer and clearly Yena wasn't the most person ever, Yujin and Chaewon was left behind and Yujin sat infront of Chaewon's.

 

"So, what are you so mad about today?" Yujin chuckled whilst looking on her phone. 

"Lost a bet, made me lose my allowance for a week." Chaewon grunts. 

"What bet." 

"The Kim Minjoo bet." Yujin shifted her eyes to Chaewon who's playing with her tuna sandwich, are bets really that relevant these days? 

"Uhh, Objectives?" 

"Made the bet with some people in the team, they said i wouldn't be able to make Minjoo say yes well technically Minjoo and are friends and i know it's a jerk move to risk Minjoo in a bet but this is not turning out well." 

"Let me guess, you lost in your own game didn't you?" 

"Let's not talk about it." 

 

Yujin rested her back in the chair and went back to her business when Yena came back along with a slice of Pizza in her hand while sipping a banana milk with her left hand.

 

"Here ya go, so it seems like Chaewon is having an existential crisis shall we talk about whatever she doesn't want to talk about?" Yena sat beside Yujin while Chaeyeon sat with Chaewon 

"Man, off Yena i'm literally not in the mood." 

"Hey, that's not nice i wanna play league today but Yujin's being a bummer doesn't wanna go with me."

"Look, i literally got humiliated in Choi's class, she wouldn't let me live."

"Even Choi hates you Yujin, you're climbing up the list of the most hated person in here." Chaewon laughed. 

Yujin was about to rebut when Yena interrupted 

"Yeah and she should be thankful that i was there to save her and she wouldn't go play league with me."

"No, it was the new student who saved her sit down Yena." Chaeyeon interrupted whilst eating her salad

"New Student huh?" Chaewon raised her eyebrows and stared at Yujin. 

"Oh yeah, new student Jang Wonyoung look there she is." Yena pointed at Wonyoung who was sitting across their table and seems to be reviewing her notes that could possibly be her schedule when Chaewon shifted her gaze to Yujin who's still eating her pizza while placing her feet in their table. 

"Hey, Yujin." 

"Yes, Chaewon?" Yujin replied making Chaewon roll her eyes

"What do you think about Jang Wonyoung?" Chaewon and making Yujin raise her eyebrows shifting her attention to Chaewon who's suddenly asking odd questions. 

"What do you mean what do i think about Jang Wonyoung?" 

"Well, the girl is cute look at her." They looked at Wonyoung who's currently listening to music and maybe trying to keep up the loneliness of the first day 

"Yeah, she is cute what's wrong with that?" 

"50$ go out with her after two weeks." 

"What, are you crazy? Get off Chaewon sometimes i really don't get you." 

"Come on, it'd be fun it'll be just two weeks." 

"No! She doesn't even know anything about this school and yet I'll be using her for fifty bucks!" 

"You're boring, since when did you started caring about the school's reputation?"

"For what?"

"What do you mean for what?" 

"I'm making fun of the transfer student for fifty bucks for what?" 

"Nothing, let's just see how long could you go." 

"Save it Ssamachi, just because Minju can't say Yes it doesn't mean you can pass this burden to me i won't risk the transfer student for some stupid bet." Yujin explained  

 

"Okayokay settle this once and for all, wanna go out tonight?" Chaeyeon interrupted it's a Monday but in a span of few months they're going to be leaving the High School phase so instead of actually laying around their houses why not make the most of it? Yujin and Yena could possibly take care of theirselves. 

"Call!"

 

The night came quickly and the four of them met at the bar that they always visit when all of them wants to have a good time, Chaeyeon came in last since it was her ID that's going to be presented in the bouncer since Chaeyeon has a VIP membership and of course, Chaeyeon has their fake IDs since Chaeyeon is the only one sane and not impulsive out of the group, Chaeyeon decided to keep them all incase some of kids creative ideas happen. 

 

"What.. are.. you wearing??"

 

Chaewon questions Yena who looks as if she's going to bed time wearing her bright yellow hoodie and has a frown on her face, they will literally have trouble entering the club if they hadn't knew People in there, Chaeyeon dragged right next to her as she banters with the bouncer whomst Chaeyeon know, he gave Yena a questionable look but let the kid passed, The view inside the Bar wasn't very pleasing if you were a home body. People are puking everybody, some are sweating, some are shouting and some are making out, It wasn't very foreign to gang's perspective being a regular in the Bar but clearly went with the norms, the four of them went to their table as the waiter served them their usual drinks.

 

One shots turned into two, two shots turned into four and four shots turned into twelve. One dance turned into a whole lot of Vomit in the Comfort room of the Bar, Yujin still sat on the seat of their usual table she's been the Bar for so many times already and many people asked her to dance but she wasn't feeling it, she sat next to Chaewon who seems on the verge of passing out, Chaewon has always been a quiet drinker when they drink despite getting drunk Chaewon manages to take care of herself when Yena's literally puking down the streets after a wild night. Yena's down the disco while Chaeyeon was talking with some girls that asked her to dance. 

 

"So, another shot?" Yujin asked amused 

"Hit me." Chaewon giggled

They talked seldomly just casually watching People danced around until you felt Chaewon banging the drinks on the table that's when you actually felt her drunk. 

"Yujin, one more." Chaewon asks 

"Nah, Chaewon you're already drunk." 

"No,no,no i can still manage come on one more." Yujin poured Chaewon a drink trusting her completely 

"You know, i can't understand girls." Chaewon suddenly blurted 

"What do you mean you can't understand girls? You are a girl Chaewon!" 

"No, i mean Minjoo." Chaewon shouted and made Yujin almost fell on her seat laughing at the wasted Chaewon right now thinking that it would be unbelievable that they're having this kind of conversation in the most unexpected place, Chaewon snatched the drink from Yujin and poured Yujin a drink and gave in to the younger whomst took it without any hesitation. 

"What do you mean about Minjoo?" 

"Sometimes likes having me around you know, like the sunshine she is she's been flashing me these gorgeous smiles and i feel all rainbow and butterflies but there are days where i can feel that she loathes me." 

Yujin snorts, i mean how can she not get Minjoo? Her great unnie Ssamachi barely even attends class and is one of the most wanted delinquent in school (well not really but Yujin likes to piss Chaewon by teasing her that) 

"She's confusing me Yujin." Chaewon mayhaps have pat Yujin in the back more with force causing Yujin to sit up straight and Chaewon pouring Yujin another drink. 

The night went by too fast making Yujin feel dizzy by 1:00 AM the crowds been wild while Yena has been knocked out and that made Chaeyeon decide that they should all go home. 

 

Walking in the streets of Hongdae, There was Yujin with the three who're having a hard time carrying the wasted Yena while Yujin's having a hard time trying to walk straight since she felt the alcohol on her system, Hongdae is usually part of the city that never sleeps. Yes, indeed. Hongdae never sleeps but with the lack of people it was barely recognizable well for the drunk gang who was struggling to keep Yena in a straight posture stopped for a moment and had to help Yena sit on a bench and Yena who immediately used the bench as her whole king sized bed, Chaeyeon sat on the ground while shaking her head in confusion thinking about what they should do about Yena. 

"Yena's too wasted to go home and we can't send her home like this the last time we did remember what Auntie told us?" 

"That we should slow down our drinking and a signal that she might cut our ties with Yena." The both of Yujin and Chaewon answered in unison. 

"Hey Yujin, maybe you can let Yena stay in your house?" 

"What no?! I can't even clean my own house that are my own mess i can't clean up Yena unnie's mess when she pukes?!"

"Whatever, we're staying tonight." Chaeyeon closes her eyes laying her back the bench that Yena was sleeping. 

Yujin was trying to chase her breath as she feels too weak to move around, Chaewon supporting her. 

"So, you're still coming for Minjoo?" She asks jaded.

"Yeah, i'm not the type to give up easily you know that." 

"You know that's rubbish for 50$" 

Chaewon stayed silent. 

"I'm giving you 75$, I heard Wonyoung's Minjoo's cousin maybe you could just--" 

Before Chaewon could finish her word Yujin already had a response. 

"Yeah, yeah sure whatever." Yujin replies her eyes drifting into dreamland. 

 

 

It was morning and the first thing that Yujin felt was an arm over her head and quickly standing up she found Yena sleeping in an odd position as if she was doing Yoga and later finding Chaewon sleeping on the floor of her apartment with her limbs spreaded everywhere, Yujin couldn't remember what actually happened as this kind of situation was normal and happened to her frequently, she went outside her room and found Chaeyeon cooking them breakfast, it wasn't long until the two came out of her room and Yena immediately puking and thankfully that she did it in the sink. 

 

All of them got in their uniforms that they purposly left the last time they stayed and went to school as they already missed the second subject, as soon as their teacher left the three of them; Yujin, Chaeyeon and Yena. Yujin as usual laid her head on her table but felt particularly odd as Jang Wonyoung was more noticeable in her visions. Their class went by in a flash and it was already lunch time Yujin waited for Chaeyeon and Yena outside the their homeroom because the two were oddly slow and she felt her head blowing up. The moment the both of Chaeyeon and Yena came out they were immadiately snatched by Chaewon who doesn't look like she'd been drink from the last night. 

 

"Not so fast, Loverboy." Chaewon aimed for Yujin's tie and fixed it also a little bit of her hair. 

"Go smile for your unnies you have a date today." 

 

and with that, the three of them left Yujin dumb founded in the hallway feeling betrayed Yujin went to class alone only finding three students in the room and Yujin felt suffocated as she sees Jang Wonyoung smiling at her as if she's expecting Yujin, Yujin only smiled back and sat in her usual chair when she Wonyoung broke the ice.

 

"Hey Yujin." Wonyoung smiled, Yujin has seen various of pretty smiles for the days she suffered with Hangovers whilst attending classes but Wonyoung's smile felt warm on a day she felt dying. 

"H-hey!" Yujin could only smile and bit her lower lip trying her best not to flinch and make it for the latter who seemed so bright for the day 

"I saw your message last night, I didn't knew you and Minjoo were close?" Wonyoung chirped 

"M-message?" 

Yujin knew her friends were up to something but she didn't thought that they would go far for a bet of 75$ for a girl, Yujin badly wanted to apologize to Wonyoung as it wasn't her who message the girl because clearly she was too drunk to compose an actual message, guessing that it was Chaewon who sent the message. 

"Yeah, you texted me last night saying you'd show me around and got my number from Minjoo silly!!" Wonyoung chuckled making Yujin swallow the invisible lump on feeling guilty Yujin just agreed to whatever Wonyoung said showing her around when It's actually Chaewon who texted her thinking that maybe she could just tell the girl that it wasn't her, making a new friend wouldn't hurt after all

 

 

 

 

Authors Note: 

 

Hello first and foremost I would like to apologize for being gone in a few months as I was suffering from a Writers Block, This shot might have 3 parts to make it up to you guys and also I'm planning to drop a Chuuves One shot so please anticipate thankyou!!